This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -
#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11645 posts) -

Hm, well there are a lot of specific TF2 items. I'm not saying that it's a good thing, but there's definitely a precedent...

#3 Edited by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

@beachthunder: Well it seems to be causing confusing as people have linked several other games to the TF2 page. If there is precedent I'd say that a renaming of the page to Shotgun (TF2) or something to adress this fact and avoid confusion would help.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (11645 posts) -

I've also mistakenly added the wrong version of objects to games a number of times.

Personally, I don't think there's really a place in the wiki for game-specific versions of objects. In those cases, I think that if there is a special version of an item (such as the shotgun) it can just be talked about in the body text of the main article.

#5 Edited by Video_Game_King (35832 posts) -

Personally, I don't think there's really a place in the wiki for game-specific versions of objects. In those cases, I think that if there is a special version of an item (such as the shotgun) it can just be talked about in the body text of the main article.

While I feel like there may be certain situations that contradict this, I can't think of them right now, so I'm inclined to agree. Game-specific items only when they're, you know, specific (like Master Sword vs. Sword).

#6 Edited by Marino (4579 posts) -

@beachthunder: @video_game_king: @demoskinos: Yeah, I feel the generic TF2 items should be deleted. There's nothing special about TF2 that should allow it to have separate pages for these types of weapons. No "Shotgun" is the same, but we don't have separate pages for the other 1000's of "Shotgun" that appear in other games.

Staff
#7 Edited by bobafettjm (1387 posts) -

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I also think it should be deleted. If the shotgun were more special than just another shotgun it would be different, but it really is just a shotgun.