Delete: Sonic Boom dupe

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

http://www.giantbomb.com/sonic-boom/3030-949/

dupe.

search is busted so it probably didn't show up for the submitter...

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are now three Sonic Boom entries in the wiki. The one you want deleted was originally a page for the 1990 Sonic Boom shoot 'em up developed by Sega, but then Alex attached the trailer for the new Sonic game to it and the old information got replaced with what's currently on it.

Then there's your Sonic Boom page, which is more informative but doesn't have staff content (the video). And then there's a new page for the Sonic Boom shoot 'em up, created to replace the one that got "hijacked" by Alex.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeF

There are now three Sonic Boom entries in the wiki. The one you want deleted was originally a page for the 1990 Sonic Boom shoot 'em up developed by Sega, but then Alex attached the trailer for the new Sonic game to it and the old information got replaced with what's currently on it.

Then there's your Sonic Boom page, which is more informative but doesn't have staff content (the video). And then there's a new page for the Sonic Boom shoot 'em up, created to replace the one that got "hijacked" by Alex.

Holy fucking clusterfuck. Well, the video can easily be switched over to the proper page which has all the info on it at least. Would make more sense (to me).

@alex

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Hmm...I'm afraid to try deleting a page with a video attached to it, but @marino can probably handle it.

edit: Actually, it probably should be reverted to be about that other game and the new page for that C64 game is the one that should be deleted.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#5 Marino  Staff

@chaser324: With how badly search is busted, I can't seem to reassign the video right now in CMS.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Also delete the original page. Also delete Sonic Boom.

Also delete Sonic. It's the merciful thing to do...

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

So @djungelurban has taken it upon himself to switch the original Sonic Boom page, which is still tied to the 2014 Sonic trailer, back to the 1987 game, and switched my new 1987 page to 2014 Sonic.

Does everyone agree this is the best solution? If so, explain why because I can't imagine.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So @djungelurban has taken it upon himself to switch the original Sonic Boom page, which is still tied to the 2014 Sonic trailer, back to the 1987 game, and switched my new 1987 page to 2014 Sonic.

Does everyone agree this is the best solution? If so, explain why because I can't imagine.

I disagree because it ignores the perfectly suitable Sonic Boom page I created (the first one) which has had all the info and even a background the whole time :)

http://www.giantbomb.com/sonic-boom/3030-45349/

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@def said:

@saturdaynightspecials said:

I disagree because it ignores the perfectly suitable Sonic Boom page I created (the first one) which has had all the info and even a background the whole time :)

I guess this will have to be left alone until the video can be moved.

The best solution would have been to make your page a 1987 Sonic Boom page, and move the Sonic-related contents to the page Alex linked the trailer to, eliminating the need to move any trailers and leaving us with two perfectly acceptable pages.

Or Sega could have stopped making Sonic games. I like that one better.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@def said:

@saturdaynightspecials said:

I guess this will have to be left alone until the video can be moved.

The best solution would have been to make your page a 1987 Sonic Boom page, and move the Sonic-related contents to the page Alex linked the trailer to, eliminating the need to move any trailers and leaving us with two perfectly acceptable pages.

Or Sega could have stopped making Sonic games. I like that one better.

The best solution would've been Alex tying the trailer to the correct page and nobody making duplicates :P

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thread can be closed.

Things seem to have been fixed on all fronts regarding this confusion.