Delete Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By JackiJinx

This is actually the Japanese title to the EU and NA releases.

Keep
Delete

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By roushimsx

Keep both pages but rename "Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2" to simply "Sparkster" with the other title used as an alias.

The SNES and Genesis Sparkster games are completely different despite having the same names. The Genesis one is a true sequel while the SNES one is more of an offshoot.

Someone is going to have to dig in to both entries and properly clean them up / separate them. Good luck maintaining them from people looking to make a quick set of points by uploading images from the incorrect version.

More information than I'm sure you'd care to read about the topic

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By StarFoxA

I agree with JackiJinx. I read that page, roushimsx, and I don't think that those are enough differences to warrant two separate pages.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By roushimsx
StarFoxA said:
I agree with JackiJinx. I read that page, roushimsx, and I don't think that those are enough differences to warrant ... [more]
Are you kidding? It's a completely different game.

edit -
Here, let me do all of the hard work for you:

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StarFoxA
roushimsx said:
StarFoxA said: I agree with JackiJinx. I read that page, roushimsx, and I don't think that those are enough differences ... [more]
From what I gathered, they have different graphics and controls. And I assume they have different levels and power-ups as well.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
roushimsx said:
StarFoxA said: I agree with JackiJinx. I read that page, roushimsx, and I don't think that those are enough differences ... [more]
From what I can tell from that link, it has a different art style (similarly to Ghostbusters Wii, which is included on the same page as Ghostbusters for the PS3/360. Other pages do the same thing, but this is the most recent/obvious example) and a different control scheme (similarly to virtually any Wii version of a multiplat game).
roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By roushimsx
StarFoxA said:
roushimsx said: StarFoxA said: I agree with JackiJinx. I read that page, roushimsx, and I don't think that those are ... [more]
I'm not quite getting what you're saying here. Are you saying that if two games have the same name then they should share the same page, even if the graphics, controls, gameplay, levels and powerups are different?
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew

After reading that page and watching those videos, I can see that they are two very different games. And the SNES game is obviously the better one.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StarFoxA
roushimsx said:
StarFoxA said: roushimsx said: StarFoxA said: I agree with JackiJinx. I read that page, roushimsx, and I don't think that ... [more]
Yes. As long as it's not just two different games with the same name (e.g. Shadowrun).
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordAndrew

In this case they are quite clearly different games.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StarFoxA
LordAndrew said:
In this case they are quite clearly different games.
Two different versions of one game. We don't have separate pages for handheld versions of console games (movie games, for instance), so why should we have a page for both the Genesis and SNES versions of Sparkster?
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#12  Edited By JackiJinx

Seeing that now. My mistake.

However, the Genesis one needs to be renamed to Sparkster since that's what it was released as in North America.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordAndrew
We do in some cases, but we're only human and don't always have the time to create pages and detail every version of a game.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
StarFoxA said:
LordAndrew said: In this case they are quite clearly different games. Two different versions of one game. We don't have ... [more]
We totally do have separate pages for handheld versions of games (assuming they are significantly different from their home counterparts). This idea was set with discussion over the four pages for the Eragon page (I'll try and track down a link and post it).

EDIT: Link and Link to the discussions about the multiple Eragon Pages
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StarFoxA

Regardless, I don't think there are enough differences. But maybe it's just me.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
StarFoxA said:
Regardless, I don't think there are enough differences. But maybe it's just me.
Upon first look, I would agree with you, but on closer inspection, they do seem to be very different games.