#1 Posted by DaBuddaDa (290 posts) -

Delete: Unnamed El Shaddai Project

This page is full of speculation. There has been a El Shaddai related announcement and teaser site but it hasn't even been confirmed that it's a videogame. Calling a game "Unnamed <x>" just requires the entry to be edited by a mod later when it's officially announced. I think it should be deleted until much more is known about the project.

#2 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

You leave El Shaddai alone.

#3 Edited by DaBuddaDa (290 posts) -
#4 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -
#5 Posted by DaBuddaDa (290 posts) -

@TentPole said:

It is a new game with details currently unknown.

http://www.elshaddai-sb.jp/

It's not necessarily a new game and is not confirmed to be a new game; the El Shaddai franchise involves much more than just games. It's called "new project," not "new game." And when you say "details currently unknown," that's a good enough reason to not make a game page full of speculation.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@DaBuddaDa said:

And when you say "details currently unknown," that's a good enough reason to not make a game page full of speculation.

What speculation is there, though? The only information I've added to the page was contained in the actual announcement.

#7 Posted by DaBuddaDa (290 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@DaBuddaDa said:

And when you say "details currently unknown," that's a good enough reason to not make a game page full of speculation.

What speculation is there, though? The only information I've added to the page was contained in the actual announcement.

It's not confirmed to be a video game.

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@DaBuddaDa:

Touche. However, given the circumstances, it's very likely to be a video game. Should it not be a video game, then the page can be deleted.

#9 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Given the nature of the announcement website it is very unlikely that it is something like designer jeans or anything else other than a new game.

#10 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -
@TentPole: But you don't know.

It's unlikely that I won't wake up tomorrow. But how can I say for certain? I've woken up for 19 years straight. Does that mean I'll wake up tomorrow? Without a doubt, maybe.
#11 Posted by bobafettjm (1505 posts) -

I think the page is fine, if it is announced as something else than I can see the page getting deleted then.

#12 Posted by d0rks (73 posts) -

This project appears to be "El Shaddai Social Battle" , a social spin-off game for the (Japanese) GREE social (mobile) platform. Not sure if this page should now be renamed or deleted, since GREE may not be relevant to this site as recognized gaming platform. 
I'm sure the more seasoned editors, or the moderators can figure this out though.  For reference: the official site or  various news items.     

#13 Edited by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

@d0rks: Disregard previous message. Looked up the company. Social as in OpenFeint, and mobile as in iPhone? Yes, we cover games for the popular smartphone platforms so it can surely get a page.