This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Hailinel (24966 posts) -
#2 Posted by DeF (4903 posts) -

Nope, Wii Vitality was never a thing.

Both should go.

#3 Posted by Village_Guy (2596 posts) -

#4 Posted by DeF (4903 posts) -
#5 Edited by BeachThunder (11987 posts) -

Should they actually go though? I mean, we have pages for games that were announced but never released.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (24966 posts) -

Should they actually go though? I mean, we have pages for games that were announced but never released.

Those pages generally contain at least some solid information about the game in question. This concept has only one game attached to it; a game that was not shown in any visual form and, from what I can recall, never given an actual title. Nintendo basically said, "hey, we've got this device here, and we're making games for it," and then the internet laughed until they just threw it out. Point being that there are no games that are actually compatible with a device that was never released.

#7 Edited by BeachThunder (11987 posts) -

I think we can scrap the game if there wasn't ever a real announcement. However, I think we should have a vitality sensor page that clearly mentions that it was announced but never released; although, it should be an accessory page and not a concept page.

I suppose the other option is to mention it on the Wii console page, just so we aren't completely disregarding its announcement.

#8 Edited by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

The support page could be turned into a page that explains what was known about the device and its ultimate fate. Normally an accessory page would serve that function, but that's for accessories that actually exist. I don't recall Wii Vitality being a game that was ever announced, so it can go.

#9 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1838 posts) -

What games were they even planning on using it for anyway?

#10 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1838 posts) -

@beachthunder: Well I guess with games they keep them up in the slightest chance that they could be revived, I mean look at Ride to Hell, no one really remembered it and there wasn't much outcry for its return,but it still got revived anyway.

#11 Edited by iAmJohn (6121 posts) -

I'd feel a lot more comfortable about deleting these pages if we at least had a Vitality Sensor accessory page. Information about this thing, even though it never came out, shouldn't be buried or culled because it's still pretty darn interesting. I'm with @lordandrew: keep the concept page, ditch Wii Vitality.

#12 Edited by DeF (4903 posts) -

@iamjohn said:

I'd feel a lot more comfortable about deleting these pages if we at least had a Vitality Sensor accessory page. Information about this thing, even though it never came out, shouldn't be buried or culled because it's still pretty darn interesting. I'm with @lordandrew: keep the concept page, ditch Wii Vitality.

Yes, I agree with this, too. Didn't think my initial reaction through properly.

#13 Edited by Marino (4715 posts) -

I've created an accessory page if anyone wants to document whatever else there is out there about the thing.

I've marked the concept page for deletion.

As for the game, I don't know. Can anyone prove they actually talked about a game? I only remember them talking about the accessory itself.

Staff
#14 Edited by Hailinel (24966 posts) -

@marino said:

I've created an accessory page if anyone wants to document whatever else there is out there about the thing.

I've marked the concept page for deletion.

As for the game, I don't know. Can anyone prove they actually talked about a game? I only remember them talking about the accessory itself.

I tried searching online for "Wii Vitality," and all I can find are articles that talk specifically about the sensor. There's no mention at all of any game designed to use it, Wii Vitality or otherwise. Here's a telling quote from the Wii Remote page on Wikipedia:

"The Wii Vitality Sensor was announced by President and CEO Satoru Iwata at Nintendo's E3 2009 media briefing on June 2, 2009. No specific applications were revealed for the device, but when presenting the device Iwata suggested that video games may soon be used for relaxation."

So no, Wii Vitality never existed, and if it did, Nintendo never said a single word about it to the public.

#15 Posted by NuclearWinter (766 posts) -

I've gone ahead and deleted the game, since no one has been able to provide any evidence of it ever being a thing.

Moderator Online