Duplicate: Star Trek: 25th Anniversary

This topic is locked from further discussion.

risseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By risseless

Or rather, triplicate?

These three pages all look like they could be for the same game -- similar covers, close release dates, screenshots show similar graphics -- but I'm not 100% sure. There's some differences in the box art, but they are all very similar.

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary

Maybe these are different releases of the same game that need to be combined?

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By roushimsx

All three are completely different games in all but the title and license. The graphics are substantially different between them as well, though I guess I'm going to have to do a quick run through of the PC and GB titles to snap some shots to better highlight just how different they are.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Daniel

Roushimsx,

Would you be willing to take some time and fill out each of the pages so that it's very clear how they're different? We'd really appreciate it.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By roushimsx

I will in time, but I've got to finish filling in the rough outline of Duke it Out in D.C. (watch out, unfinished mess) and then go back and clean up Duke Caribbean first (gotta clean up the level section and make it more similar to the one in Duke: Nuclear Winter). Hopefully I'll be able to get around to putting together something by this weekend-ish that'll at least better underscore the differences of the games (in addition to clarifying the disk-based and CD rerelease of 25th Anniversary and both the normal and collector's editions of Star Trek Judgment Rites).  I was debating on snapping some shots of the bonus stuff from the Judgment Rites collector's disc, but I already uploaded all of the videos to YouTube. Perhaps I'll just link them in a nice and neat manner. I mean, you can't do work on the 25th Anniversary entry without also hitting up the Judgment Rites entry!

Hrml, my checklist of stuff to work on just keeps growing. You know, I never got around to playing Final Unity, either. Bummer.

edit - For what it's worth, the PC version of Star Trek: 25th Anniversary should have it's name changed (remove the "(PC/MAC)" portion of it) and a fourth "Star Trek: 25th Anniversary" should be added for the CD-ROM version. Chapter 7 ("Vengeance") was originally extremely short in the floppy disk version, but in the CD-ROM version it was expanded into a full blown chapter (link). Go, go significantly new content!

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Daniel

Take your time gettin to it dude, no rush! Thanks!