Forza Motorsport 3's Gallery: Dupes with official watermark

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jambones

I was looking in the gallery here, and I noticed duplicates. I was going to delete some when I saw the others had watermarks. So I opted to cut those out, but I saw that they were offical Forza stamps. What should the course of action be for images like this.

Quick example;

This versus ...
This versus ...
... this.
... this.
jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By jlrm01

As far as I know, official watermarks are allowed in images (it would be better without them, if possible). And, I think you should never remove any watermark from an image so that it is "postable". One should try to find them without watermarks, or better yet, take them yourself (if the game adds it automatically, then there is no choice, I guess, but it counts as "official" so it would be OK).

(But of course, I'm just a regular user, so my words have no "weight" (relative to a mod's, I mean). This is how I understand the rules to be, and partially from my experiences moderating images. I may be mistaken.)

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

I was under the impression that those images were only available in watermarked form. Since that doesn't seem to be the case, the ones without the watermark should be kept.
But if an image doesn't have an unwatermarked version, then don't get rid of it. Publisher/developer watermarks are A-OK, even though an unmarked image would be preferred.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By crunchUK

I think it's like, watermarks from other websites that matter

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By jlrm01
@crunchUK: Yeah, but if it is fan art and the image has a URL or the name of the site (such as Ryu, where pretty much all of his images are this way) of the artist then it is OK, too. I've asked Axersia about this before. So, there are exceptions. (I guess this is a "give credit where credit is due" kind of thing...)