Headband vs. Bandana

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ignor

Both objects:

HEADBAND: "A stylish and sometimes functional piece of headwear. Headbands are worn by many characters. Some symbolize a clan while others just seem to compliment the characters outfit."

BANDANA:  "A piece of cloth worn on the head, often worn by soliders to keep sweat out of their eyes. Solid Snake is famous for wearing a bandana wich can even provide him with 'infinite ammo'.Solid Snake is famous for wearing a bandana which can even provide him with 'infinite ammo.' This is revealed towards the conclusion of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Solid Snake is not the only character in the Metal Gear Solid series to wear a bandana, however. Big Boss, the soldier Solid Snake was cloned from, also wore a bandana, at least during Operation Snake Eater in the 1960's. Big Boss's mentor who taught him the basics of Close Quarters Combat, The Boss, also wore a bandana. It is not stated at any point during the games whether the other characters bandanas reward them with infinite ammo."

They're technically the same thing, aren't they?

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By PureRok

Yes and no. A Bandana is a type of headband, but a headband is not a bandana. So Bandana could be merged into Headband.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

bandanas can also be worn over the face and mouth while headband can't (like the bandanas in rock band 2).

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Endogene

A bandanna is a handkerchief that is folded.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Bandana
Bandana
Headband
Headband
OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

yeah when I think of bandanas i think of this

caption
caption

not this
caption
caption

I think the main image/description for the bandana page should be changed so it isn't as confusing.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

I think they are obviously different and both pages should stay.

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ignor

Then the information on the Bandana page is wrong (I've never seen Solid Snake wearing a bandana, could be wrong).
I've changed the pic to that of the old pirate-looking dude, and copy/pasted (and changed a few words) the text on to the Headband page. I have no clue what to write on the Bandana page though.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Endogene
Ignor said:
"Then the information on the Bandana page is wrong (I've never seen Solid Snake wearing a bandana, could be wrong).
I've changed the pic to that of the old pirate-looking dude, and copy/pasted (and changed a few words) the text on to the Headband page. I have no clue what to write on the Bandana page though."
A bandana is a folded up handkerchief or a piece of tissue, that image of him in smash bros is a folded up piece of tissue.
gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gman

Seems like they could be separate.  (I would like to see a gang-banger in Grand Theft Auto wearing a head band over his face while trying to jack someone.)

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Clearly separate.

But, looking at this thread, I guess you don't need me to tell you that.