Merge: Call of Duty

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By xMP44x

There are several Call of Duty 4 related pages that may be of interest. I'm not sure how the criteria for these works, but here we go:

Call of Duty 4

Nintendo DS release. Should possibly be part of the standard Call of Duty 4 page.

Call of Duty 4: Reflex

Wii re-release of Call of Duty. May potentially be worthy of its own page, or may be better merged.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Karl_Boss
@StarFoxA said:
" I vote yes. Also Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's DS version can be deleted. "
No....that version has a completely different plot and it was even made by a different company.....it should stay.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" @StarFoxA said:
" I vote yes. Also Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's DS version can be deleted. "
No....that version has a completely different plot and it was even made by a different company.....it should stay. "
This.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA
@Unknown_Pleasures:@jadeskye: Handheld versions of a console game don't get separate pages. See: Iron Man, Alice in Wonderland, any other licensed movie game.

No matter how different the handheld game is, it stays within the main game page.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karl_Boss
@StarFoxA said:
" @Unknown_Pleasures:@jadeskye: Handheld versions of a console game don't get separate pages. See: Iron Man, Alice in Wonderland, any other licensed movie game.  No matter how different the handheld game is, it stays within the main game page. "
Meh dumb rule for the most....I understand sports games and movie tie-in games but I think exceptions should be made to games that don't fit in either of those categories....but whatever fuck it.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iamjohn
@StarFoxA said:

" @Unknown_Pleasures:@jadeskye: Handheld versions of a console game don't get separate pages. See: Iron Man, Alice in Wonderland, any other licensed movie game.  No matter how different the handheld game is, it stays within the main game page. "

There are exceptions, though.  I don't know anything about Mobilized, but if it's a significantly different experience in plot and gameplay and whatever, I feel like it could warrant its own page, like, for example, Rayman 3.  I can't say, though, because I simply don't know anything about it. 

As for the topic at hand, agreed with CoD4 DS, and Reflex cannot be deleted yet because it has videos attached to it.
danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By danguy
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" @StarFoxA said:
No....that version has a completely different plot and it was even made by a different company.....it should stay. "
The DS version should just get a section in the main MW2 page talking about it's differences.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iamjohn
@DanGuy said:
" The DS version should just get a section in the main MW2 page talking about it's differences. "
Based on the little bit of reading I've done, though, it's not an adaptation of Modern Warfare 2.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karl_Boss
@iAmJohn said:
" @DanGuy said:
" The DS version should just get a section in the main MW2 page talking about it's differences. "
Based on the little bit of reading I've done, though, it's not an adaptation of Modern Warfare 2. "
Yeah exactly.....which is why I thought that rule was retarded that the handheld versions can't have their own page.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iamjohn
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" Yeah exactly.....which is why I thought that rule was retarded that the handheld versions can't have their own page. "
The rule is fine.  95% of handheld "versions" of a game are merely adaptations of their base game, and there's no reason why, say, the GBA versions of Splinter Cell, Max Payne, Jet Set Radio or the Tony Hawk games warrant their own pages when they're the same stories and designs and similar mechanics with slightly different play-styles.  There are exceptions, however, and this seems to be one.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karl_Boss
@iAmJohn said:
" @Unknown_Pleasures said:
" Yeah exactly.....which is why I thought that rule was retarded that the handheld versions can't have their own page. "
The rule is fine.  95% of handheld "versions" of a game are merely adaptations of their base game, and there's no reason why, say, the GBA versions of Splinter Cell, Max Payne, Jet Set Radio or the Tony Hawk games warrant their own pages when they're the same stories and designs and similar mechanics with slightly different play-styles.  There are exceptions, however, and this seems to be one. "
Well they made the rule to which there are no exceptions....that's why I said it was retarded.
zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By zero_

Why are handheld versions of games given separate pages, despite how little or how much different they are? Does that mean when you are to add an image for a handheld version of a game, you are to clump it into the same page as their PS3/360 counterparts? 

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iamjohn
@Zero_ said:

" Why are handheld versions of games given separate pages, despite how little or how much different they are? "

In general they aren't.

Does that mean when you are to add an image for a handheld version of a game, you are to clump it into the same page as their PS3/360 counterparts?     

Yes.  This is why we have the ability to make separate folders for image galleries, so we could make a folder for handheld screenshots.  For a good example of this, check out the image gallery for our kill.switch page.