Merge Valkyrie Profile pages

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By danielkempster

Just noticed that Valkyrie Profile on PS1 and the PSP port have separate pages. Seeing as Final Fantasy Tactics and its PSP port share a page, I think it's logical to merge the PSP page with the PS1 page.

Here's the main page.
Here's the unnecessary PSP page.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

The two games are essentially different from one another. I propose separating the FFT pages instead.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By roushimsx

The PSP port adds new content (prerendered cinemas) and going "by the book", it might not be unreasonable to request that the japanese and us releases of both the PS1 and PSP versions be split into separate pages to reflect the content changes in each version. A brief summary of the differences in content between the PS1 versions can be found here while a brief summary of the PSP versions can be found on the same article, here.

I also agree on splitting the Final Fantasy Tactics page due to the content added.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Axersia

Enhanced ports don't warrant their own page.

Now we have 2 pages on the same game, written by different people, and neither of them even bother to mention what the differences are between them. Why would we need 2 pages describing the same story and gameplay in different ways? Obviously copy-pasting content is no good either.

As for actual remakes... that's a different case. There's been a lot of debate about them, and there are still no clear rules. But if all that was added were a few new cinematics, that game does not need its own page.

And don't even think about splitting US and Japanese releases due to minor changes during localization like censorship (which still happens to this day) or small tweaks that improve gameplay. You'd have to split almost every localized Japanese game in existence that way.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Blah, added version differences on Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth page.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danielkempster

Thanks, Axersia. To Sleepy_Insomniac, why not add the version differences to a dedicated section in the VP page, like I've done with the FF Tactics page? Surely that's all that's required. Like Axersia said, the minor enhancements and differences between the versions don't change the fact that the storyline and gameplay are identical in both versions. Putting the version differences on the original VP page, as well as moving some content across, would make it an excellent resource for both versions of the game.

Out of interest, does anybody know what's happening with the Delete & Combine requests? I haven't noticed any staff activity on here for a few days.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Daniel

Does someone who knows these games more than I do (which would probably be any of you) please copy over any pertinent info from the VP: Lenneth PSP port page and put it in the original VP page? At that time I will merge the enhanced port into the original VP page, as it seems to me the port doesn't warrant its own page.

dankempster, I've been busy the past few days and, as I'm the only Staff that moderates this board, not much has gotten done.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danielkempster

OK daniel, I've had a tidy up and moved info over so it's ready for merging. Do your thing!

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Daniel

done, thanks duder.