I think it's better as a concept.

Blade_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Blade_Hunter

Why ? every ammunition types are objects and ammunition types have to be placed in concepts or in objects, but most of them are objects, not concepts
And I think these ones should be turned to objects too overpressure ammo and explosive arrow

I would like to know what reason these ammunition types have to be concepts and not the others and even why they should be concepts ?

maimran91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By maimran91

I think I agree with Ignor

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

These are concepts. Sorry dude.

Blade_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blade_Hunter
Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ignor

The whole wiki is a clusterfuck, despite the moderator's best efforts.
I myself wishes to get rid of all the 'Functioning X' concepts that are ultimately making their object counterparts entirely pointless, 
but that would in turn mean that I'd have to wave goodbye to my ' Solid Cloud' page, which is a concept page whereas the normal Cloud page is an object =S

Blade_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blade_Hunter

Depends the functioning X things have a little point they designate the objects they refer to as being interactive while the object variant, can be interactive or not ...  I would like to suggest something in regards to this, but i don't know if people will agree with that or not.
I try to do my best to make something clean and good, but actually every ammunition type should be objects IMO, not concepts.
As for the cloud I do think it's a concept, because it's something that is generated by some objects and even something that is supposed to create an atmosphere through game levels.
But your solid cloud page as I understand stands to the cloud where we can walk over it, that's a bit different since most of the times cloud isn't solid

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ignor

IMO, I don't think any collection of particles* should be considered an object.

Edit: *regarding fluids and gasses.

Blade_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blade_Hunter

That's different, there is gas related things like, gas bottles and such and gas concepts like the deadly gas, and many others who stands in objects or concepts, but they are fine where they are. (I watched a few things)
Same goes with fluids there is even doubles of blood (the thing) and the blood who represents the concept of having blood in a game. but that's different.
But every ammunition types are objects, I don't see the point of having a few who are concepts and others who are objects mostly because there is nothing but a specificity that makes an ammo type different from an other.

Oppositely to gases and fluids that can be found as concepts and things

Tasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Tasus

If you can see the physical incendiary ammo shell/bullet, then it's an object. If you're talking about the thing were your bullets turns to fire, then it's a concept.

Blade_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blade_Hunter

Second what I read that's the physical incendiary ammo, and other than that there is no explanation about its role, except if this regroups every incendiary ammo types ...
Anyway explosive tipped arrows should be an object.

Tasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tasus
@Blade_Hunter: Not really. Should Damage Model also be an object then? It's an "idea" that is expressed in the game; a concept, not the item itself. 

This basically.
 This basically.
Blade_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blade_Hunter

Damage model is a concept and personally I don't see why it should be an object, it's like if you ask me about health. only the health pack is an object, health is a concept.
Explosive tipped arrows are objects like fire arrows, or crystal arrows are and they are just see a few posts above.
If you ask me about explosive barrels, for example, this is a concept and for good reasons since it's about every cylindrical container that can explode and there is even fire extinguishers under this concept.
now explosive tipped arrows sorry this is an object.

And anyway why explosive tipped arrows are a concept and fire arrow is an object ?

Tasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tasus
@Blade_Hunter said:
"...it's like if you ask me about health. only the health pack is an object, health is a concept."
Exactly.  

• The actual arrowhead, which is explosive, is an object.
  • The explosion that is caused by and explosive arrowhead is a concept.
Blade_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blade_Hunter

So it's an object because explosion is the concept of these arrows like explosion is the concept of rockets for example.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#18  Edited By LordAndrew

I see this crazy debate about the difference between objects and concepts, and decide not to participate in it. I figure someone's going to ask me about it. :D

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ignor
@LordAndrew said:
" I see this crazy debate about the difference between objects and concepts, and decide not to participate in it. I figure someone's going to ask me about it. :D "
Oh please.