Post your request for a Box Art change/question here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

#201  Edited By tearhead
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Endogene
Tearhead said:
"Naruto: Ninja Council 2 has a screenshot as its primary image. Box art can be found in the game's gallery."
all pretty
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By tearhead
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By tearhead
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By tearhead
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#206  Edited By LordAndrew

Done. :)

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By tearhead
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#208  Edited By breton

Done.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By tearhead
Batman: Vengeance has a screenshot as its primary image. Box art can be found in the game's gallery.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#210  Edited By daniel_beck_90
Cribba said:
"And this one for the first game.

Done- MB"
looks cool
Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#211  Edited By Joker
Tearhead said:
"Batman: Vengeance has a screenshot as its primary image. Box art can be found in the game's gallery."
Done.
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By tearhead
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By tearhead
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By breton

Done.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By tearhead
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By breton

Done.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By tearhead
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By tearhead
jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#219  Edited By jlrm01
Tearhead said:
"The Sims 2: Bon Voyagehas a screenshot as its primary image. Box art can be found in the game's gallery."
Done.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By BiggerBomb

In general (I don't have any specific complaints right now) can we not apply box art that is from a specific platform? Instead we could find the cover with only box art and ESRB rating...

Yes, no, maybe so?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Endogene
BiggerBomb said:
"In general (I don't have any specific complaints right now) can we not apply box art that is from a specific platform? Instead we could find the cover with only box art and ESRB rating...

Yes, no, maybe so?"
Actually i have never encountered non platform specific boxart, but if it exists why not.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By BiggerBomb
Endogene said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"In general (I don't have any specific complaints right now) can we not apply box art that is from a specific platform? Instead we could find the cover with only box art and ESRB rating...

Yes, no, maybe so?"
Actually i have never encountered non platform specific boxart, but if it exists why not."

(MACDVD? lik r u srs?)

I took those off "My Library" list, those are the ones I have encountered so far.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Endogene

Ehhh i think i must have misunderstood you... what is a non platform specific boxart?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By BiggerBomb
Endogene said:
"Ehhh i think i must have misunderstood you... what is a non platform specific boxart?"

u c?
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Endogene
BiggerBomb said:
"Endogene said:
"Ehhh i think i must have misunderstood you... what is a non platform specific boxart?"

u c?"
I was some what confused with that previous post with only platform spesific games.

So you are proposing to put these kind of boxart images as the main image for a game, or are you proposing to keep only this boxart and get rid of the platform specific ones?
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By BiggerBomb
Endogene said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Endogene said:

u c?"
I was some what confused with that previous post with only platform spesific games.

So you are proposing to put these kind of boxart images as the main image for a game, or are you proposing to keep only this boxart and get rid of the platform specific ones?"

Yeah, sorry I'm probably not making much sense. In otherwords, I think the boxart image should not be platform specific unless the game itself is currently an exclusive title. I say currently, because "exclusive" seems not to hold much value anymore.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Endogene

Then i disagree with you. Having a non console specific boxart as main image for a game is great. However GB is an encyclopedia thus in the boxart gallery of that game theri should be every console specific, region specific and special offer specific boxart.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By tearhead
BiggerBomb said:
"Endogene said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Endogene said:

u c?"

So you are proposing to put these kind of boxart images as the main image for a game, or are you proposing to keep only this boxart and get rid of the platform specific ones?"

Yeah, sorry I'm probably not making much sense. In otherwords, I think the boxart image should not be platform specific unless the game itself is currently an exclusive title. I say currently, because "exclusive" seems not to hold much value anymore."
I somewhat agree with this as well. If I'm looking for box art and I stumble upon a non-platform specific image I usually upload that, but finding those are easier said than done for most titles.
roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By roushimsx
Endogene said:
"Then i disagree with you. Having a non console specific boxart as main image for a game is great. However GB is an encyclopedia thus in the boxart gallery of that game theri should be every console specific, region specific and special offer specific boxart."
I'm in your boat. Non-specific main image (like on the Quake page) is great, but when it comes to the box art that gets uploaded, I strongly advocate finding every possible variation of the box art to upload. Japanese / Korean / US / Canadian / Euro / Brazil / etc. I'm sure there's a couple of South American peeps on GB that could do wonders for the box art and release databases.

The one thing that irks me is trying to decide which box art image to go with in the case of multiple variations (either across regions or even in the same region). Even if you decide to go with just the US releases (since it's a US-centric site) and the first release, you still get stuck with cases like Guild Wars, Half Life 2, and Warcraft 3 where there's multiple versions of each cover.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By BiggerBomb
roushimsx said:
"Endogene said:
"Then i disagree with you. Having a non console specific boxart as main image for a game is great. However GB is an encyclopedia thus in the boxart gallery of that game theri should be every console specific, region specific and special offer specific boxart."
I'm in your boat. Non-specific main image (like on the Quake page) is great, but when it comes to the box art that gets uploaded, I strongly advocate finding every possible variation of the box art to upload. Japanese / Korean / US / Canadian / Euro / Brazil / etc. I'm sure there's a couple of South American peeps on GB that could do wonders for the box art and release databases.

The one thing that irks me is trying to decide which box art image to go with in the case of multiple variations (either across regions or even in the same region). Even if you decide to go with just the US releases (since it's a US-centric site) and the first release, you still get stuck with cases like Guild Wars, Half Life 2, and Warcraft 3 where there's multiple versions of each cover."

I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the Wiki, I'm saying the game's main image (i.e. the image that appears in your wishlist) should not be platform specific. I want Far Cry 2 on my Xbox 360, not on my PC. But the image that appears for Far Cry 2 on my "My Wishlist" is the Far Cry 2 boxart for the PC.

Savvy?
roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By roushimsx
BiggerBomb said:
"I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the Wiki, I'm saying the game's main image (i.e. the image that appears in your wishlist) should not be platform specific. I want Far Cry 2 on my Xbox 360, not on my PC. But the image that appears for Far Cry 2 on my "My Wishlist" is the Far Cry 2 boxart for the PC."
Oh, golden. Still, the various platforms can have different box art, and how do you choose which "generic" image you decide to take then?

(I say use the game-specific forums to have people talk about it, but trying to get other people to do that is like pulling teeth :( )
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By BiggerBomb
roushimsx said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the Wiki, I'm saying the game's main image (i.e. the image that appears in your wishlist) should not be platform specific. I want Far Cry 2 on my Xbox 360, not on my PC. But the image that appears for Far Cry 2 on my "My Wishlist" is the Far Cry 2 boxart for the PC."
Oh, golden. Still, the various platforms can have different box art, and how do you choose which "generic" image you decide to take then?

(I say use the game-specific forums to have people talk about it, but trying to get other people to do that is like pulling teeth :( )"

I'm just bringing it up, it doesn't bother me too much. I am also much too lazy to do anything about it. But it would be good if anyone who was looking for some points, or wanted to make the change on principle, would just swap out a platform specific boxart for a non-platform specific boxart.
albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#233  Edited By albedos_shadow
10-Yard Fight has a screenshot as its primary image. Box art can be found in the game's gallery.
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By breton

Done.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#235  Edited By Black_Rose
Avatar image for the_purgatory_station
the_purgatory_station

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.giantbomb.com/ea-redwood-shores/65-121/

can EARS be set to image #2; the one with the parking lot and 2 buildings.  #2 is more of a welcome/first-thing-you-see when you arrive at EARS.

i love food but right now it's set on the lovely cafetereria.

thx
jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By jlrm01
the_purgatory_station said:
"http://www.giantbomb.com/ea-redwood-shores/65-121/

can EARS be set to image #2; the one with the parking lot and 2 buildings.  #2 is more of a welcome/first-thing-you-see when you arrive at EARS.

i love food but right now it's set on the lovely cafetereria.

thx"
Changed. Tomb Raider: Anniversary was already changed.
peewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By peewi
Left 4 Dead's box art has been changed since it was first shown. This is what it'll look like when released.
roushimsx said:
The one thing that irks me is trying to decide which box art image to go with in the case of multiple variations (either across regions or even in the same region). Even if you decide to go with just the US releases (since it's a US-centric site) and the first release, you still get stuck with cases like Guild Wars, Half Life 2, and Warcraft 3 where there's multiple versions of each cover."

You can add specific releases to your lists. That way you can get the cover for your platform and region in your profile.

EDIT: At least you used to be able to do that, but I can't find the feature now.
jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By jlrm01

Done.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#240  Edited By LordAndrew
Peewi said:
"You can add specific releases to your lists. That way you can get the cover for your platform and region in your profile.

EDIT: At least you used to be able to do that, but I can't find the feature now."
Snide was on the Bomb Should Have a Face podcast last week. He said that the feature was removed because it never really worked right.
Hopefully they'll get it working properly, and then we should be able to do it again.
albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#241  Edited By albedos_shadow
1943 has a screenshot as its primary image. Box art can be found in the game's gallery.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Endogene
albedos_shadow said:
"1943 has a screenshot as its primary image. Box art can be found in the game's gallery."
on it
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#243  Edited By mike

It's already been done, sorry I forgot to post.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Endogene

me to slow...

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#245  Edited By Cube

How about the God of War II boxart? It looks like it's a fan made one on the page.

peewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By peewi
peewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By peewi
TrackMania DS needs fixing too. Again, box art is in the gallery.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Endogene
Peewi said:
"TrackMania DS needs fixing too. Again, box art is in the gallery."
on it
edit: i waz beaten by tze speed.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bfc7e53edc72
deactivated-5bfc7e53edc72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quake Live

There is no actual retail release for QL since it's a free and web based product.. and even if they it did have a retail release, I seriously doubt id would be using the "Games For Windows" marking.