Post your request to add, remove, or change an Alias here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1151  Edited By DeF
Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Could someone add the following aliases to these games?

Sakura Taisen 4: Koi seyo, Otome: "Sakura Wars 4: Fall in Love, Maidens"

Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka?: "Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning?"

Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare: "Sakura Wars 2: Thou Shalt Not Die"

Sakura Taisen: Atsuki Chishio Ni: "Sakura Wars: In Burning Blood"

and

Shining Force III: "Shining Force III Scenario 1" and "Shining Force III Scenario 1: God Warrior of the Kingdom"

Shining Force III Scenario 2: "Shining Force III Scenario 2: Target: Child of God"

Shining Force III Scenario 3: "Shining Force III Scenario 3: Bulzome Rising"

Thank you!

Cathadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#1153  Edited By Cathadan
evilCON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1154  Edited By evilCON
DarthBotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1155  Edited By DarthBotto

Steve Feak - Guinsoo

Explanation: Feak is predominantly known by this name, ever since he created DotA: Allstars.

Kendrick Lim - Kunkka

Explanation: The character called Kunkka was created as an homage to the work Lim did on DotA and now, Dota 2.

BossPanzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1156  Edited By BossPanzer

Two new aliases for 3DO console it was also called REAL and 3DO REAL Interactive Multiplayer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3DO_Interactive_Multiplayer

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#1157  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@psoplayer said:

Razputin -> Raz

As typing "Raz" will already bring up Razputin, I see no need for this alias.

@DarthBotto said:

Kendrick Lim - Kunkka

Explanation: The character called Kunkka was created as an homage to the work Lim did on DotA and now, Dota 2.

If true this means that Kunkka and Lim do not in fact share the same name and that this alias would be inappropriate.

Apart from that, done up to here.

hydao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1158  Edited By hydao
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1159  Edited By Marino  Staff

@hydao: Done.

hydao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1160  Edited By hydao
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Clear Save should probably have the aliases "post-game content" and "after the end", since it's somewhat difficult to find without them.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1162  Edited By DeF

@Video_Game_King said:

Clear Save should probably have the aliases "post-game content" and "after the end", since it's somewhat difficult to find without them.

added those. I think you should be able to edit concept aliases yourself.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeF:

Right. I completely forgot about that.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1164  Edited By DeF
DarthBotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1165  Edited By DarthBotto

@Gamer_152: That's not the rationale, though. His alias is "Kunkka", which IceFrog based the character off of. What's the issue with that?

fiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1166  Edited By fiye
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#1167  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
@DarthBotto said:

@Gamer_152: That's not the rationale, though. His alias is "Kunkka", which IceFrog based the character off of. What's the issue with that?

The issue at hand is that an alias is for when a person or game can reasonably be referred to another name beyond their primary name or title in a certain context. A character that is based off of a person is an interesting factoid worth explaining on a wiki entry, but unless the name of the character is a name that people actually call the real person in conversation it is not a valid alias. Unless you can prove this your request is rejected.  
All other requests have been processed. 
fiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1168  Edited By fiye
Nijntje1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1169  Edited By Nijntje1971
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1171  Edited By DeF
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#1172  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

For Maureen Corley, I'd like to ask that Mo Corley be added as an alias.

Halos_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#1173  Edited By Halos_god

http://www.giantbomb.com/poker-1/61-35051/ Poker 1 should have the alias Poker III 5 in 1.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1174  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@LentFilms said:

Could someone add the following aliases to these games?

Clock Tower: The First Fear: "Clock Tower"

That is unnecessary as Clock Tower already is included in the title with the subtitle. The database allows for user to search for games with or without subtitles and adding an alias without the subtitle will have no major impact on its appearance in the search engine.

That aside all requests up to this point have been processed.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZombiePie: I'll keep that in mind in the future. Thank you.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1176  Edited By slowbird

http://www.giantbomb.com/rally-challenge-2000/61-36714/ Rally Challenge 2000

I would like to add an alias for the Japanese title:

Rally '99

Worth noting that the Japanese game came out 10 months earlier, and had some minor differences, but not enough to warrant a separate game page. Also, I dunno if the official title in Japan was in English like that, but it displays the English text more prominently on the label. I can't find the Kanji anyway.

No Caption Provided
tansuikabutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1177  Edited By tansuikabutsu

/dangan-ronpa-kibou-no-gakuen-to-zetsubou-no-koukousei/61-33341/ (Dangan-Ronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei)

I want to add both "Dangan Ronpa" (without a hyphen) and "Danganronpa" as aliases.

The game has no official English title, and various publications (including from the development studio itself) spell it in all three different ways. The small western fandom community that formed around the title lately seems to have settled on the two words without a hyphen version, and unfortunately the game is unfindable on GB when searching the title spelled that way.

fiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1178  Edited By fiye
Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#1179  Edited By Brackynews

Word Pirate -> Pirate Princess.

Published reviews refer to this title before its name change. Materials on the developer website have both names but favour Word Pirate.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1180  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

All requests up to here have been processed.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1181  Edited By Hunter5024

Sorry for bringing this up, considering it's almost certainly come up before, but is there a policy to not add Charlie Tunoku as an alias for the Persona 4 Protagonist? If so why? This is the name I know him by.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#1182  Edited By LordAndrew

@Hunter5024: Pretty sure it used to be there.

Praxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1183  Edited By Praxis

@Hunter5024: Names that are not official, like those created during endurance runs, are not allowed as aliases, though, yes, Charlie Tunoku was an alias for the P4 Protagonist page at one point. A bunch of new aliases for Chrono Trigger characters popped up during the CR endurance run, but they were removed as well. It raises questions, that. Normal users can't add aliases to character pages, so someone mod-level or higher must have been responsible.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1184  Edited By Hailinel

@Hunter5024 said:

Sorry for bringing this up, considering it's almost certainly come up before, but is there a policy to not add Charlie Tunoku as an alias for the Persona 4 Protagonist? If so why? This is the name I know him by.

Because it's not an official name in any capacity. The character is not referred to by this name in any official media licensed by Atlus.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sean Reiley needs the alias Seanbaby, since that's what he's more commonly known as. In fact, it says as much on his page.

Praxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1186  Edited By Praxis

@Video_Game_King: I'm surprised you would suggest this rather than deleting it in favor of your Seanbaby page.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Praxis said:

@Video_Game_King: I'm surprised you would suggest this rather than deleting it in favor of your Seanbaby page.

You know what? Let's do the opposite of this. Delete the other Seanbaby page, as my Seanbaby page is more detailed.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1188  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@Hailinel said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Because it's not an official name in any capacity. The character is not referred to by this name in any official media licensed by Atlus.

I believe it's gone back and forth a little, but what Hailinel said represents the current position on it.

@Video_Game_King said:

Sean Reiley needs the alias Seanbaby, since that's what he's more commonly known as. In fact, it says as much on his page.

Done!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1189  Edited By DeF
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1190  Edited By Hunter5024

@Gamer_152: Hmm well I suppose I understand why people don't want it there, but at the same time I feel like including it would only make the wiki easier to navigate. Thanks for explaining everyone.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#1191  Edited By Brackynews

Now that Fire Pro Wrestling has its official titie, the alias seems redundant. Please remove.

(It's connected to the Famestar page, and Wreckateer was also given the same "featuring" tagline. Seems like they'll all have it until the novelty wears off.)

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1192  Edited By DeF

Gabe Newell is quite often lovingly referred to by his shortened name used in his email, "Gaben." I think that should be an alias.

fiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1193  Edited By fiye
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could someone add the following alias to this game?

SOS: "Septentrion"

Thank you!

Also just a quick note, Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of time's title should be just Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time since that is what the official English title is. Also the "t" in Time is not capitalized.

Thanks again.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1195  Edited By Bestostero

Can somebody change the name "Layla" to "Aisha" and add Layla as an alias? Aisha is the official name used now, Layla was a name that was used by an old dub, but the current dub and official name is Aisha.

http://www.giantbomb.com/layla/94-6951/

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1196  Edited By iamjohn

@Gamer_152 said:

@Hailinel said:

@Hunter5024 said:

I believe it's gone back and forth a little, but what Hailinel said represents the current position on it.

Yo whatever, that's what practically everyone on this site knows him as. I'd like to think that the Wiki is not "serious business" enough that we're allowed to have a couple in-jokes in there as aliases. You're really going to tell me that fucking Door Guy, a chat in-joke from this year's E3 livestreams, is acceptable as an alias but Charlie Tunoku isn't?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1197  Edited By Yummylee

@iAmJohn said:

@Gamer_152 said:

@Hailinel said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Yo whatever, that's what practically everyone on this site knows him as. I'd like to think that the Wiki is not "serious business" enough that we're allowed to have a couple in-jokes in there as aliases. You're really going to tell me that fucking Door Guy, a chat in-joke from this year's E3 livestreams, is acceptable as an alias but Charlie Tunoku isn't?

Not to mention Dave Lang's ''Klepek's Hype Man'' alias. Either Charlie should be added, or there'll need to be a massive sweep removing all of the other aliases strictly related to Giant Bomb. I don't need to remind anyone that the whole point of aliases in the wiki is to of course allow an easier time for people to search for stuff, and given Charlie Tunoko's reverence within the site, it makes sense if only for that added bit of accessibility.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1198  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@iAmJohn said:

@Gamer_152 said:

@Hailinel said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Okay, no need to get worked up here. I only said that was the site's current position, I didn't say that people couldn't argue otherwise or that we wouldn't consider renaming the page. I'm planning to talk to the other wiki mods about it anyway and am free to hear whatever arguments the community wants to input until then.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1199  Edited By Hailinel
@Yummylee Then the joke aliases should be deleted.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1200  Edited By iamjohn

@Gamer_152: Sorry, seems like my pith came off as anger; wasn't my intent.

@Hailinel said:

@Yummylee Then the joke aliases should be deleted.

Why? What possible benefit does removing joke aliases have? It doesn't make the wiki seem more "serious;" it in no way affects the content of the actual pages; and it doesn't affect the fact that this is already a pretty jokey wiki filled with ridiculous concepts and describers for things. Honestly, what is the difference between having a joke alias and calling one of your concept pages "Dear Diary, today I turned into a zombie"? What is the point of making this stand except to make it?