Question Star ocean pages

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Would it be okay to request a combine of the star ocean game pages? or since they are remakes should they be seperate?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
LordAndrew said:
"You mean First Departure and Second Evolution? I suppose we could have a debate about what to do with those pages."
yes i ment those since there is an entry for both the ps1 star ocean 2 and SFC star ocean and since FD and SE are both just remakes.
though i wasn't really looking for a debate simply asking if they should stay so i could decide to request it or not.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

This is a case where it's not quite so simple as just saying "keep" or "delete". You'd probably get different opinions from different people, so a debate of the merits and demerits of each option may be the best way to go.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
LordAndrew said:
"This is a case where it's not quite so simple as just saying "keep" or "delete". You'd probably get different opinions from different people, so a debate of the merits and demerits of each option may be the best way to go."
hmmm well i say that when a debate must take then more often or not it shouldn't be deleted so ill drop it now i have my personal answer.
roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By roushimsx

First Departure for sure should not be combined. It's a complete overhaul of the game and could be viewed in the same way as Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider Anniversary. In that vein, I'm actually surprised that Final Fantasy IV DS was merged with Final Fantasy II SNES considering the myriad of differences outside of just a total graphical overhaul.

I'm really not familiar with Second Evolution at all, so I can't comment on it. I had fully intended to pick it up back when it came out, but between getting burnt out on First Departure (dude, that last few hours was absolutely tedious) and  Tales of the Abyss (oh god, the dialog was so atrocious), I just never got around to it. Maybe later in the year! Loved Second Story, so it'll be neat to play the game again with a localization that doesn't blow.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
roushimsx said:
"First Departure for sure should not be combined. It's a complete overhaul of the game and could be viewed in the same way as Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider Anniversary. In that vein, I'm actually surprised that Final Fantasy IV DS was merged with Final Fantasy II SNES considering the myriad of differences outside of just a total graphical overhaul.I'm really not familiar with Second Evolution at all, so I can't comment on it. I had fully intended to pick it up back when it came out, but between getting burnt out on First Departure (dude, that last few hours was absolutely tedious) and  Tales of the Abyss (oh god, the dialog was so atrocious), I just never got around to it. Maybe later in the year! Loved Second Story, so it'll be neat to play the game again with a localization that doesn't blow."
It still blows, the voices are even more animeized and annoying....
roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By roushimsx
WilliamRLBaker said:
"It still blows, the voices are even more animeized and annoying...."
Can you at least disable them this time around? I'm more of looking forward to the writing quality; the first game was like a first draft of a translation than a finished product. :(

Did they go back and redraw any of the character art? The artwork in FD was fucking freaky. What was with that literally bug eyed look that so many of them had? Like, it wasn't typicaly large eye anime style, but total "OH FUCK" bug eyed wackiness. Really, really strange stuff.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
roushimsx said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"It still blows, the voices are even more animeized and annoying...."
Can you at least disable them this time around? I'm more of looking forward to the writing quality; the first game was like a first draft of a translation than a finished product. :(Did they go back and redraw any of the character art? The artwork in FD was fucking freaky. What was with that literally bug eyed look that so many of them had? Like, it wasn't typicaly large eye anime style, but total "OH FUCK" bug eyed wackiness. Really, really strange stuff."
no you can't turn off voices bar turning off the sound, they did rework the art but its the same art they did for FD, and the story so far is just as odd i still feel no connection with the characters i feel no urgance that i have to find the sorcery globe and help claude get back.