#1 Posted by Hailinel (23967 posts) -
#2 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@Hailinel: It feels like there is some validity behind the concept, but I'm open to renaming it for sure. That is quite a lengthy title, any suggestions?

I'm drawing up blanks at the moment! :(
#3 Posted by Hailinel (23967 posts) -

Optional Touch Screen/Button Input?

#4 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

Non-Mandatory Touch Control?

#5 Posted by SultS (69 posts) -

Optional Touch Control seems a little bit better to me.

#6 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" Non-Mandatory Touch Control? "
I think this one works.
#7 Posted by csl316 (8172 posts) -

Games That Ask You to "Press Start" But Will Accept Other Buttons is a totally valid concept.  a pretty successful one, too

#8 Posted by Hailinel (23967 posts) -
@csl316 said:
"   Games That Ask You to "Press Start" But Will Accept Other Buttons is a totally valid concept.  a pretty successful one, too "
The validity of the concept is not what's at issue here.
#9 Posted by Marino (4604 posts) -

How about "Touch the Screen to Start Alternatives" or "Alternatives to Touching the Screen to Start"?

Staff Online
#10 Posted by Hailinel (23967 posts) -
@Marino said:
" How about "Touch the Screen to Start Alternatives" or "Alternatives to Touching the Screen to Start"? "
Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.
#11 Posted by Roflwaffles (184 posts) -

Titles such as Non-Mandatory Touch Control or  Optional Touch Screen/Button Input  aren't exactly the same as Games That Ask You to 'Touch the Screen' but Will Accept Button Presses. And it may be just me, but I prefer the title it has now rather than Touch the Screen to Start Alternatives or Alternatives to Touching the Screen to Start.

#12 Posted by Marino (4604 posts) -

None of them do, honestly. 

We're talking about specifically hitting a button instead of the screen to start the game.  So "Optional Touch Screen Input" and "Non-Mandatory Touch Control" are too broad.

Staff Online
#13 Posted by Hailinel (23967 posts) -
@Marino said:
" None of them do, honestly. 

We're talking about specifically hitting a button instead of the screen to start the game.  So "Optional Touch Screen Input" and "Non-Mandatory Touch Control" are too broad. "
Nowhere in the current title of the concept does it specifically refer to performing the action to start the game.
#14 Edited by Roflwaffles (184 posts) -
@Marino said:

We're talking about specifically hitting a button instead of the screen to start the game.  So "Optional Touch Screen Input" and "Non-Mandatory Touch Control" are too broad. "

I was thinking that as I made my previous post, but I just realized that the concept is not just for games asking to use the touch pad to start. So I guess those would be okay?
#15 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" Non-Mandatory Touch Control? "
I'm on board with this one.
#16 Posted by HypoXenophobia (1045 posts) -

What about combining both concepts into 
"Non-mandatory implied input"

#17 Posted by Marino (4604 posts) -

My mistake. 

Changed it now.

Staff Online
#18 Posted by Marino (4604 posts) -