#801 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2355 posts) -

Okay these get a little weird.

Rename: Revo Solutions S.R.L. -> Revo Solutions Games

Revo Solutions S.R.L. is a QA company that opened a game dev division, which was called Revo Solutions Games. Their most recent logo just says "Revo Games" but no other evidence of a branding change exists that I can find. Safer to stick with the name that's on their website.

Alias: Rise of Glory -> Sky Gamblers: Rise of Glory

The iOS/Android versions are called this. But the WP version came first, so I assume that takes precedence?

Rename: Commander: Europe at War -> Military History: Commander - Europe at War

Rename: Rock 'n Roll Racing -> Rock N' Roll Racing (as per the start screen and Blizzard's website)

+ Alias: Rock 'N Roll Racing

#802 Posted by bdhurkett (51 posts) -
#803 Posted by DeF (4846 posts) -

Aliases:

Galaxy Force II -> 3D Galaxy Force II

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master -> 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master & 3D The Super Shinobi II & The Super Shinobi II (Shinobi III is called The Super Shinobi II [yes, two] in Japan)

Streets of Rage -> 3D Streets of Rage & 3D Bare Knuckle

Ecco the Dolphin -> 3D Ecco the Dolphin

Super Hang-On -> 3D Super Hang-On

Space Harrier -> 3D Space Harrier

Sonic the Hedgehog -> 3D Sonic the Hedgehog

After Burner II -> 3D After Burner II

Megasoft -> Whiteboard & Santos

#804 Posted by NuclearWinter (750 posts) -

Done up to here.

#805 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Irene Ellet should have the name Irene Koller attached, as she takes that name up after the first Valkyria Chronicles.

#806 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2355 posts) -

@nuclearwinter said:

Done up to here.

Were mine skipped intentionally (Revo, etc)?

Actually I see the 2 following posts weren't done either.

#807 Posted by DeF (4846 posts) -

Repost because they were missed during the last round. The "go to latest post" arrow never works properly. Probably the cause for this.

So, these still need to be taken care of:

@def said:

Aliases:

Galaxy Force II -> 3D Galaxy Force II

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master -> 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master & 3D The Super Shinobi II & The Super Shinobi II (Shinobi III is called The Super Shinobi II [yes, two] in Japan)

Streets of Rage -> 3D Streets of Rage & 3D Bare Knuckle

Ecco the Dolphin -> 3D Ecco the Dolphin

Super Hang-On -> 3D Super Hang-On

Space Harrier -> 3D Space Harrier

Sonic the Hedgehog -> 3D Sonic the Hedgehog

After Burner II -> 3D After Burner II

Megasoft -> Whiteboard & Santos

#808 Posted by ReverendHunt (333 posts) -

My Pillow Pets: --> Rename Pillow Pets

The current name does not appear to be the correct title

#809 Edited by Hailinel (24255 posts) -

Alias: Hilda > Princess Hilda

#810 Posted by bdhurkett (51 posts) -
#811 Posted by bobafettjm (1440 posts) -

HardBall 4 should have the alias HardBall '94 which is the Genesis title of the game.

#812 Edited by Gunstar_Ikari (46 posts) -
#813 Posted by Hailinel (24255 posts) -

The concept "Disowned Sequel" should be renamed. The name is a bit loaded, as "disowned" is a word with negative connotations, but the concept itself is not necessarily a negative for the games involved. For example, Bravely Default started off as a sequel to Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, but was turned into an original IP because the game began to drift away from what defines a Final Fantasy game. Also, judging by the games added tot he concept already, it's inaccurate as the game Croc: Legend of the Gobbos was never a sequel during any point in development. It was intended as an original game starring Yoshi, but the developer couldn't get permission from Nintendo.

A better name for the concept would be something akin to Mid-development IP Split, or New IP Developed From Old. Disowned Sequel just doesn't work as a name.

#814 Posted by ZombiePie (5629 posts) -

@def: @saturdaynightspecials: Rectified

@hailinel said:

A better name for the concept would be something akin to Mid-development IP Split, or New IP Developed From Old. Disowned Sequel just doesn't work as a name.

Let's go with "Mid-development IP Split," as the title and "New IP Developed from Old," as an alias.

Otherwise, done up to here.

#815 Posted by DeF (4846 posts) -

Bravely Default alias: Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies

This is what the title screen of the demo says (EU). Pre-release, the name was floating around as potentially final so I think it warrants an alias.

#816 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2355 posts) -
@zombiepie said:
@hailinel said:

Let's go with "Mid-development IP Split," as the title and "New IP Developed from Old," as an alias.

Aw, I liked Disowned Sequel. It's pithy, and the negativity is just tongue-in-cheek. Anyway,

Rename: Sley -> Slay (this variant is much more common in English writing about the game) + Alias: Sley

Alias: Hundred Years' War -> 100 Years' War

Alias: Sponsored by A TV Network -> Sponsored by A TV Channel

Alias: The Allies -> Allied Forces

Alias: Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard -> Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard

Alias: Assassin's Creed III: Liberation -> Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation

Alias: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD -> Assassin's Creed III: Liberation HD + Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation HD

Alias: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag -> Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (replacing the Assassin's Creed 4 alias)

Alias: Echochrome II -> Echochrome 2 (the Echochrome ii alias is redundant, if you want to delete it)

#817 Posted by Marino (4640 posts) -

Done up to here.

Staff
#818 Posted by BlackLagoon (1403 posts) -

(alias) 5pb. -> The Five Games and Kid (original name)

(alias) 5pb. -> 5gk. (original abbreviation)

#819 Posted by fiye (106 posts) -
#820 Posted by NuclearWinter (750 posts) -

Done and done.

#821 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Can we add X as an alias to X (working title)? It seems a bit much to expect people to type out the (working title) part each time.

#822 Posted by hermes (1394 posts) -
#823 Edited by Yummylee (21464 posts) -

I think Rogue Protagonist could do with some sort of alias (if not renamed entirely) to make it more instantly identifiable. Something like Protagonist Turned Antagonist? It needs to have something plainly listing the transformation from protagonist to antagonist in a sequel anywhoo.

#824 Posted by BlackLagoon (1403 posts) -

(rename) Olliolli -> OlliOlli (correct capitalization)

#825 Posted by NuclearWinter (750 posts) -

@yummylee said:

I think Rogue Protagonist could do with some sort of alias (if not renamed entirely) to make it more instantly identifiable. Something like Protagonist Turned Antagonist? It needs to have something plainly listing the transformation from protagonist to antagonist in a sequel anywhoo.

I've added the suggested alias for now. If someone comes up with anything better then it can be changed.

Done up to here.

#826 Edited by cloudymusic (1097 posts) -

Rename: Kevin Kinney -> Kevin Kenney

Because apparently my eyes are broken and I spelled his name wrong. Thanks.

#827 Posted by Marino (4640 posts) -
Staff
#828 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2355 posts) -
#829 Posted by ZombiePie (5629 posts) -
#830 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2355 posts) -

Thanks.

I didn't make this page, but I think that Letter Grade at the End of a Level should be renamed Letter Grade, with the alias Letter Rank. The distinction between grades that appear each level and those that don't isn't quite meaningful enough to justify a separate page for either. We needed a generalized page for letter grades anyway.

Also, Alias: Reversi -> Othello

Rename: Bio FREAKS -> Bio F.R.E.A.K.S. + Alias: Bio FREAKS

#832 Edited by BlackLagoon (1403 posts) -
#833 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Should Johnny Sasaki have Akiba as an alias? He's referred to as such in Guns of the Patriots.

#834 Posted by LentFilms (161 posts) -

Please rename the SaGa 3: Jikou no Hasha page to "SaGa 3: Jikuu no Hasha - Shadow or Light" since that is the game's full title. Also rename the Dragon Force II page to "Dragon Force II: Kamisarishi Daichi ni" which is its full title. Thank you!

#835 Edited by DeF (4846 posts) -

Nintendo EAD -> alias: Nintendo R&D4

It was Miyamoto's group in the 80s. They were renamed EAD during the SNES days but used to be R&D4. Doesn't need a new page because it's the same team/division unlike their other divisions which went through a restructuring.

#836 Edited by fiye (106 posts) -

Alias:

Miho -> Wanda

#837 Edited by NuclearWinter (750 posts) -
@saturdaynightspecials said:

Thanks.

I didn't make this page, but I think that Letter Grade at the End of a Level should be renamed Letter Grade, with the alias Letter Rank. The distinction between grades that appear each level and those that don't isn't quite meaningful enough to justify a separate page for either. We needed a generalized page for letter grades anyway.

I've not done this one as I feel it serves a niche that is fine as its own specific page. A generic Letter Grade page opens the door for including games that use letter grades for other things like item quality or stats, while there are enough games which only use them at the end of a level to justify its own concept. Of course that doesn't mean a more generic page can't also be created, or other specific letter grade related ones.
Other than that, done up to here.
#838 Edited by Snail (8593 posts) -

Okay I have two requests that maybe need a case behind them.

The page Pre-Release Public Testing is currently englobing the concept of Steam Early Access Releases (it makes sense, and I have - to an extent - edited the page's article to somewhat harbor that concept). Jeff also linked to it in his recent article about the Unfinished series of videos.

Therefore I suggest that the alias "Steam Early Access" be added to the Pre-Release Public Testing page.

#1.5

Also, why is the "Testing" alias attached to that page if it is already part of the page's name? If you search for "Testing" this page will inevitably show up anyway. Is it there in order to bring it to the first page of results? In any case, I think it should be removed.

I don't think we add aliases to every "collection" game, or "anthology" titles for every game that is part of said collection/anthology (those are still kind of weird grey areas in the wiki aren't they?), but Sportsfriends is not just a collection - as far as I can tell, it is the only official way in which the games Johann Sebastian Joust, HOKRA, BaraBariBall, and Super Pole Riders are set to be released.

Therefore I suggest we add the five aliases:

To the Sportsfriends page.

Thanks!

#839 Edited by DrifterInGreen (49 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/guardian-angel/3005-14035/

The character should be renamed Angel with Guardian Angel as an alias it is also seen written as 4N631 at one point so that can also be an alias.

http://www.giantbomb.com/brick/3005-11161/

By Borderlands 2 he is known to many characters by his alias the Slab King.

http://www.giantbomb.com/lilith/3005-11162/

By Borderlands 2 she has been acting under the alias Firehawk.

http://www.giantbomb.com/vivian-squall/3005-25363/

The correct spelling of her name is Vivienne Squall.

http://www.giantbomb.com/brian-roses/3005-25365/

The correct spelling of his name is Bryan Roses.

#840 Edited by expensiveham (290 posts) -
#841 Posted by Marino (4640 posts) -

@expensiveham: It shows up in search either way, so it's not really worth putting the alias in there.

@snail: I added "Early Access" as an alias. "Steam Early Access" seems too specific.

Done up to here.

Staff
#842 Edited by Snail (8593 posts) -
@marino said:

@snail: I added "Early Access" as an alias. "Steam Early Access" seems too specific.

Done up to here.

I think that Steam Early Access makes more sense.

As it stands right now, if I search for "Steam Early Access" nothing shows up. But if you add "Steam Early Access" as an alias, instead of just "Early Access", both those queries will come up with the page (as the latter forms up part of the former).

It's pretty minor, but I think it's a more reasonable alias.

#843 Posted by expensiveham (290 posts) -

@marino: It does but it is one of the last results. The first game that comes up is Counter-Strike Neo. When a user searches for Counter-strike they should get the game Counter-strike as the top game result. One might even argue that the game listing should just be renamed Counter-strike as that is what it is called everywhere else (Steam, Wikipedia etc).

I am not going to tell you how to run the Wiki but it seems stupid not to have it named Counter-strike when that has been the official name of the game since 2000. At the very least put in an alias so that it gets priority over Counter-strike Neo.

#844 Posted by Marino (4640 posts) -

@expensiveham: Adding the alias won't increase its priority in the list. The search used to be based on popularity, but that hasn't worked in a long time.

Staff
#845 Edited by BlackLagoon (1403 posts) -

(rename) TxK (working title) -> TxK - already taken care off

I know I had you to change this to the full Japanese title a few weeks ago, but at the time I never expected it to actually be localized. Regardless, the short version is the official English title, so it needs to be changed back:

(rename) Genkai Totsuki Monster Monpiece -> Monster Monpiece

#846 Edited by Flacracker (1638 posts) -

Rename Insurgency 2 to Insurgency. The game is now just called Insurgency.

#847 Edited by Yummylee (21464 posts) -

Rename:

• HKFiftyOne --> HKFiftyOne Games. Jumped the gun a little in creating their page, without soon realising there's some dubstep artist who uses the same name. Wonder if they're related? (EDIT: indeed they are; guy's the founder) Still, that appears to be their full official title.
#848 Edited by LentFilms (161 posts) -
#849 Posted by DeF (4846 posts) -

Rename: Star Beast -> Starbeast

Alias: Star Beast

#850 Edited by NuclearWinter (750 posts) -

Done up to here.