#201 Posted by Marino (4653 posts) -

Done up to here.

Staff
#202 Posted by Chromium (29 posts) -
#203 Posted by dvdwalker8 (386 posts) -

RENAME: Eye Brawl to Eye-Brawl. The packaging for the character and in game menus list him as Eye-Brawl. Thanks.

http://www.giantbomb.com/eye-brawl/94-24457/

#204 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -
#205 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -
#206 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

Modern Warfare 2 renamed to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Modern Warfare 2 should be an alias.

#207 Edited by bobafettjm (1455 posts) -

Dan Green should have the alias Jay Snyder which is what he was credited under for a couple of games.

#208 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -
#209 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
#210 Posted by Mento (2507 posts) -

I'm going to post here every time I hit ten alias/rename requests, so I don't give you all too much to deal with:

All-Pro Basketball -- Zenbei!! Pro Basket (Japanese name)

Bases Loaded -- Moero!! Pro Yakyuu (Japanese name)

Bases Loaded II: Second Season -- Bases Loaded 2 (the II/2 thing) & Moero!! Pro Yakyuu '88 - Kettei Ban (Japanese name)

Goal! -- Moero!! Pro Soccer (Japanese name)

Hoops -- Moero!! Junior Basket (Japanese name)

Ninja-Kid -- Ninja-kun (Japanese name)

Ninja Kid -- GeGeGe no Kitarou: Youkai Daimakyou (Japanese name)

Racket Attack -- Moero!! Pro Tennis (Japanese name)

Stack-Up -- Robot Block (Japanese name)

Super Lode Runner II -- Super Lode Runner 2 (the II/2 thing)

#211 Posted by ZombiePie (5637 posts) -

All request up to here have been processed.

@Alexander said:

Modern Warfare 2 renamed to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Modern Warfare 2 should be an alias.

This is a staff verdict as seen on this news article related to the naming of Modern Warfare 2. Any request to change the title of the Modern warfare 2 wiki page must be approved by Jeff.

#212 Edited by Alexander (1721 posts) -

@ZombiePie said:

@Alexander said:

This is a staff verdict as seen on this news article related to the naming of Modern Warfare 2. Any request to change the title of the Modern warfare 2 wiki page must be approved by Jeff.

can we revisit this one? Since before the game was released, I think something did change and the full title includes the Call of Duty name. TV Ads at the time advertised as such, the official site for the game uses it, Activision's site, Steam, every retailer and every standard retail boxed edition include it. ( thanks for reminding me)

#213 Edited by Hailinel (24398 posts) -

The character Yuria's official English language name is Julia, as of Fire Emblem: Awakening, and the page needs to be renamed to reflect that.

Also rename Cellica to Celica.

#214 Posted by Tearhead (2161 posts) -

I think Fake Television Newscast needs to be renamed by removing the "Fake" part. It's a videogame, everything's fake.

#215 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

@Tearhead said:

I think Fake Television Newscast needs to be renamed by removing the "Fake" part. It's a videogame, everything's fake.

Yeah, fake would suggest that it's fake within the context of the game's fiction, which is wrong.

#216 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
#217 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -

@Alexander said:

@ZombiePie said:

@Alexander said:

can we revisit this one? Since before the game was released, I think something did change and the full title includes the Call of Duty name. TV Ads at the time advertised as such, the official site for the game uses it, Activision's site, Steam, every retailer and every standard retail boxed edition include it. ( thanks for reminding me)

Yea I agree this needs to be revisited. Back then the assumption was that Modern Warfare was gonna be the name but they're still using Call of Duty as the main brand. It's like when everyone refers to Zelda games by their subtitle and never mentions the "The Legend of Zelda" part anymore. The games still get named with the full title in the wiki and everywhere. I see no difference to the Call of Duty scenario which has it's various sub-series that all retain the original name in front of their title.

#218 Posted by NuclearWinter (760 posts) -

Done up to here.

#219 Posted by Hailinel (24398 posts) -

Another Fire Emblem character page that needs renaming: Diadora > Dierdre.

#220 Posted by NuclearWinter (760 posts) -

Done.

#221 Posted by BeachThunder (11832 posts) -

Insane Asylum should be changed to "Psychiatric Institution". Insane asylum is an incredibly out of date term; after some searching it seems Psychiatric Institution the best contemporary alternative.

#222 Edited by DeF (4855 posts) -
#223 Posted by evilCON (34 posts) -

Add alias to Lifeline:

"Operator's Side" - title of Japanese release.

#224 Edited by Mento (2507 posts) -

@Mento said:

I'm going to post here every time I hit ten alias/rename requests, so I don't give you all too much to deal with:

All-Pro Basketball -- Zenbei!! Pro Basket (Japanese name)

Bases Loaded -- Moero!! Pro Yakyuu (Japanese name)

Bases Loaded II: Second Season -- Bases Loaded 2 (the II/2 thing) & Moero!! Pro Yakyuu '88 - Kettei Ban (Japanese name)

Goal! -- Moero!! Pro Soccer (Japanese name)

Hoops -- Moero!! Junior Basket (Japanese name)

Ninja-Kid -- Ninja-kun (Japanese name)

Ninja Kid -- GeGeGe no Kitarou: Youkai Daimakyou (Japanese name)

Racket Attack -- Moero!! Pro Tennis (Japanese name)

Stack-Up -- Robot Block (Japanese name)

Super Lode Runner II -- Super Lode Runner 2 (the II/2 thing)

Posted this almost immediately (like, seconds) before ZombiePie's "everything done up to here" post, so these all got skipped as a result. Unfortunate timing on my part. All aliases, btw.

/Edit: And here's an extra one: Ghosts 'N Goblins -- Makaimura (Japanese name)

#225 Posted by Hailinel (24398 posts) -

The Avatar character in Fire Emblem: Awakening should either be renamed Robin, or given Robin as an alias, since that's the character's default name.

#226 Edited by DeF (4855 posts) -

alias:

Excitebots: Trick Racing

-->

Excite Mou Machine

エキサイト猛マシン

---

Endless Ocean (game)

->>

Forever Blue

---

Endless Ocean (franchise)

->>

Forever Blue

---

Endless Ocean: Blue World

->>

Forever Blue 2: Umi no Yobigoe

FOREVER BLUE 海の呼び声

there's also a redundant "endless ocean 2" alias that can be removed since that part is covered in the full EU title.

---

a bunch of the 3D Classics games for 3DS need aliases ...

Kid Icarus ->> 3D Classics Kid Icarus

Xevious ->> 3D Classics Xevious

Kirby's Adventure ->> 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure

Twinbee ->> 3D Classics Twinbee

Excitebike ->> 3D Classics Excitebike

Urban Champion ->> 3D Classics Urban Champion

#227 Posted by Hailinel (24398 posts) -

I made a mistake. The page Dierdre should actually be Deirdre. Sorry for the typo.

#228 Posted by Chromium (29 posts) -
#229 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -
#230 Posted by DanGuy (278 posts) -

A few guns to rename.

M9 Pistol > Beretta M9

SVU > Dragunov SVU

M24 > M24 Sniper Weapon System

MK 22 > Ruger MK II

#231 Edited by BlackLagoon (1407 posts) -
#232 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -
#233 Posted by fisk0 (4031 posts) -

(Alias) FIFA 12 - Add FIFA Football (the EU title of the PlayStation Vita version)

#234 Posted by BeachThunder (11832 posts) -

System Shock 2 was initially called Junction Point in the initial pitch. So, that should be set to an alias.

#235 Posted by NuclearWinter (760 posts) -

Done up to here.

#236 Edited by Chromium (29 posts) -
#237 Edited by CharlesAlanRatliff (5411 posts) -
#238 Edited by DeF (4855 posts) -

@def said:
alias

Urban Champion ->> 3D Classics Urban Champion

this one didn't get changed. re-requested :)

--

TAKEDOWN now has its final name (revealed via backer only update on kickstarter): TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre. Thus, page needs a rename.

#239 Posted by drac96 (670 posts) -

Disgaea D2 should be renamed Disgaea Dimension 2. Disgaea D2 should be an alias.

#240 Edited by CaptainNovolin (20 posts) -

Inazuma Eleven 4 should be changed to "Inazuma Eleven GO". The page was made before the final title was announced.

#241 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -

Miiverse (concept) should be renamed to Miiverse Integration.

Reason: All Wii U games have access to Miiverse but only a few have dedicated Miiverse features integrated into the game itself (like the world map in New Super Mario Bros. U, showing Miiverse posts associated with certain levels). Simply adding Miiverse to every Wii U game ever seems pointless because of that and making the page about Miiverse Integration is way more useful for wiki purposes. It also makes it more clear when to add the concept to a game.

#242 Posted by BlackLagoon (1407 posts) -
#243 Posted by NuclearWinter (760 posts) -

Done up to here.

#244 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -

alias

Baten Kaitos Origins ->

Baten Kaitos II: Hajimari no Tsubasa to Kamigami no Shishi

バテン・カイトスII 始まりの翼と神々の嗣子

Baten Kaitos II: Beginning of the Wings and the Heir of the Gods

#245 Edited by mracoon (4967 posts) -
#246 Edited by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Rename: Valkyria Chronicles 3: Unrecorded Chronicles -> Senjo no Valkyria 3

This was never released outside of Japan, 'Valkyria Chronicles 3' is not an official name in any capacity. Putting it as alias is fine though. And although displayed on the cover, the subtitle "Unrecorded Chronicles" is not included on Japanese retail listings or databases.

#247 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Please add GNU/Linux as an alias for Linux because I want the page to be as controversial as possible.

#248 Posted by NuclearWinter (760 posts) -
#249 Posted by cwf123 (15 posts) -
#250 Posted by Chalphy (35 posts) -