#251 Posted by Marino (4580 posts) -

Looks like these last two got handled already.

Staff
#252 Edited by Soren (291 posts) -
#253 Edited by Marino (4580 posts) -
Staff
#254 Posted by Deusoma (3000 posts) -

Please rename SNES to "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" and make "SNES" an alias. Sure, a lot of people just shorten it to SNES every time they say it, and everyone knows what you're talking about, but it seems lazy and unprofessional to make the official page title for the Super Nintendo platform an acronym.

Similarly, NES should be renamed "Nintendo Entertainment System" and "NES" should be made an alias.

#255 Edited by Marino (4580 posts) -

@deusoma: You're probably right. I went ahead and changed the PSP page too.

Staff
#256 Edited by Deusoma (3000 posts) -

@marino: Ah, much obliged. Much neater now.

#257 Edited by TepidShark (1058 posts) -
#258 Edited by maimran91 (358 posts) -

Tron (franchise) should be TRON in caps. If you check IMDB, the TRON movie is listed as caps.

#259 Posted by Halos_god (160 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/haunt-the-real-slender-game/3030-41688/ This game should have the aliases Haunt v.1.1, and Slender: Haunt

#260 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2305 posts) -
#261 Posted by Marino (4580 posts) -

Done up to here.

Staff
#262 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -
#263 Posted by DeF (4778 posts) -

I misread the name of a new game submission.

Please rename Dusty's Revenge to Dusty Revenge (game page) as well as the Dusty's Revenge (franchise) page to just Dusty.

#264 Posted by Poki3 (525 posts) -
#265 Posted by ajamafalous (11815 posts) -

Senda - Misspelling of Sedna, the character's actual name, which is what the page should be renamed to. (proof here)

#266 Edited by DevourerOfTime (315 posts) -

@poki3 said:

Disgaea Dimension 2 - Rename to "Disgaea Dimension 2: A Brighter Darkness". That's the full name of the English release of the game according to this Kotaku story.

I came here to mention this as well as to request the change to the North American names for the other two announced games from NISA: The God and Fate Revolution Paradox should be changed to the "The Guided Fate Paradox" and Toki to Towa should be renamed "Time and Eternity". If the original names could be maintained as aliases, that would be fantastic.

As an aside, I tried to find the Time and Eternity page for forever last night, as that has been the name given to it for months, and ended up requesting a new game page for it. Sorry about that. Probably not the place to request this, but If a mod here could also reject that request at the same time, that would be great.

#267 Edited by Marino (4580 posts) -

Done up to here.

Staff
#268 Edited by dungbootle (2454 posts) -
#269 Posted by NuclearWinter (738 posts) -

Done.

#270 Edited by DeF (4778 posts) -
#271 Posted by Dangerloves (82 posts) -

Hi Mod(s),

I done effed up and spelled a name wrong.

REQUEST RENAME: Abe Goldfab to "Abe Goldfarb"

#272 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2305 posts) -

Yoshi Florida -> Stephen Florida and make Yoshi Florida an alias.

#273 Posted by DeF (4778 posts) -
#274 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (967 posts) -
#275 Posted by Video_Game_King (35842 posts) -

I don't remember if there was an official ruling on this or whatever, but shouldn't Silesia have its alias and page name switched? The title of this song (essentially the Kingdom's theme in the original game) is as close to an official name from Nintendo as I can remember.

#276 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -
#277 Posted by Chromium (29 posts) -
#278 Edited by Hailinel (23692 posts) -

I don't remember if there was an official ruling on this or whatever, but shouldn't Silesia have its alias and page name switched? The title of this song (essentially the Kingdom's theme in the original game) is as close to an official name from Nintendo as I can remember.

Actually, all of the kingdoms in the Fire Emblem franchise have officially translated names. You can set your "home" in your Awakening StreetPass profile to use real locations, or if you scroll down far enough, countries and continents ranging from Talys and Archanea to Crimea and Tellius. So a lot of the location pages will need to be straight up renamed.

#279 Edited by Video_Game_King (35842 posts) -
#280 Edited by DeF (4778 posts) -
#281 Posted by Marino (4580 posts) -

Done up to here.

Except NFSMW, because I get an error message when trying to edit that page right now.

Staff
#282 Posted by FinalDasa (1452 posts) -
#283 Posted by LordAndrew (14419 posts) -

Artiface Studio has a space at the beginning of its name which is causing it to be ordered incorrectly when sorting alphabetically. The space should be removed.

I had hoped that the new site would trim leading and trailing spaces automatically, but apparently not.

#284 Posted by Marino (4580 posts) -

Done.

Staff
#285 Edited by Yummylee (21208 posts) -
#286 Posted by BeachThunder (11649 posts) -

Let's rename RGB separation to just color separation; there's a lot of games that seem to go down the CMY route, so 'color separation' is more accurate.

#287 Posted by Hailinel (23692 posts) -

The following Fire Emblem character pages should be renamed to match their offiicial localizations in Fire Emblem: Awakening:

And some locations need to be similarly changed:

#288 Posted by Hailinel (23692 posts) -
#289 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

Rename:

Paris -> Priam

Eudes -> Owain

Official English names.

#290 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@hailinel said:

Mistyped the title of a new game page: Devil Survivor 2: Breaker Code should be Devil Survivor 2: Break Code.

Came in to correct this further: "Break Code" was apparently a misprint in the announcement, the actual Japanese game title will be "Devil Survivor 2: Break Record."

Source.

#291 Edited by Hailinel (23692 posts) -
#292 Edited by dungbootle (2454 posts) -
#293 Posted by cxhgrunt (24 posts) -

Sorry Ive spelt a dudes name wrong, Murray Lancashire doesn't have the 'a' in Murray.

Please rename to "Murry Lancashire". Thankyou.

#294 Posted by Deusoma (3000 posts) -

Dr. Meadows --> "Rachel Meadows". Please and thank you. :)

#295 Edited by DeF (4778 posts) -
#296 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

Arma 3 should have the alias Arma III added since 2 primarily went by II and Bohemia (the developer) uses both III and 3 interchangeably in promotional materials.

#297 Edited by Hailinel (23692 posts) -
#298 Edited by csx009 (48 posts) -
#299 Edited by ervonymous (1297 posts) -
#300 Posted by csx009 (48 posts) -

Densha de Go! for DS is actually named Densha de Go! Tokubetsu-hen: Fukkatsu Shouwa no Yamanotesen with the alias Densha de Go! Special Version—Revived! Showa Yamanote Line

if the — character causes search problems perhaps go with "Version Revived!"