#351 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2312 posts) -
#352 Posted by BlackLagoon (1382 posts) -
#353 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (459 posts) -
#354 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2312 posts) -
#355 Edited by ReverendHunt (318 posts) -

Project Versus J is now known by an actual title, J-Stars Victory VS. Project Versus J can remain as an alias.

#356 Edited by Taku128 (793 posts) -

(rename) Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain -> Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

(rename) The Phantom Pain (working title) -> Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

As per the post beneath me, Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are actually separate games. When Phantom Pain was revealed to be Metal Gear Solid V the Ground Zeroes page was renamed to Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. It should be reverted to its earlier name, and The Phantom Pain (working title) should be renamed to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

#357 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -

@taku128: Hold your horses! As you can see here (http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/delete-combine-requests-34/combine-metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-1430250/#4), Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain should actually be reverted to its original name, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (potentially also including the "V" numeral) and The Phantom Pain (working title) should be titled Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

It was confirmed that these two are actually still separate titles. Kojima wants to screw up the wiki, I guess.

#358 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2312 posts) -

Heavy -> alias: Juggernaut

#359 Edited by Hailinel (23902 posts) -

Raoh needs the alias Ken-Oh; a pseudonym he commonly goes by.

#360 Edited by Hailinel (23902 posts) -

The Miiverse Integration page has the aliases Mii Wara Wara and WaraWara Plaza. The Miiverse and the Wara Wara Plaza are two separate things; the Plaza just happens to pull information from Miiverse. These aliases should be deleted.

#361 Edited by ZombiePie (5585 posts) -

All requests up to this point have been processed.

#362 Posted by BlackLagoon (1382 posts) -

Devil Kings (franchise) should have its name (Devil Kings) and alias (Sengoku Basara) flipped. The latter is the Japanese name, and was used for the most recent western release, while the latter was for a much maligned PS2 localization of the first game, and is not really relevant to the franchise any more beyond historical context.

#363 Posted by Hailinel (23902 posts) -

Devil Kings (franchise) should have its name (Devil Kings) and alias (Sengoku Basara) flipped. The latter is the Japanese name, and was used for the most recent western release, while the latter was for a much maligned PS2 localization of the first game, and is not really relevant to the franchise any more beyond historical context.

I think what you mean is that the Devil Kings franchise page should be renamed to Sengoku Basara because that's the actual name of the games, the name that the series has gone by in its most recent western releases, and that the Devil Kings name hasn't been used since Capcom's earliest localization efforts.

#364 Edited by Video_Game_King (36012 posts) -

Persona 3 Protagonist should be changed to Makoto Yuki, or at least have that added as an alias, given news about the Persona 3 movie.

#365 Posted by Hailinel (23902 posts) -

Persona 3 Protagonist should be changed to Makoto Yuki, or at least have that added as an alias, given news about the Persona 3 movie.

It should only be an alias. He has yet to be referred to by that name in any game officially.

#366 Edited by Video_Game_King (36012 posts) -

@hailinel:

Did Atlus have a fairly active hand in the manga, or was it a laissez-faire situation? Because we may be able to determine canonicity (there are no good ways to make "the property of being canon" a single nounular word) that way.

#367 Edited by Hailinel (23902 posts) -

@hailinel:

Did Atlus have a fairly active hand in the manga, or was it a laissez-faire situation? Because we may be able to determine canonicity (there are no good ways to make "the property of being canon" a single nounular word) that way.

Their involvement in the P3 and P4 mangas were about the same.

#368 Posted by Video_Game_King (36012 posts) -

@hailinel:

I meant more in comparison to the movie.

#369 Posted by Hailinel (23902 posts) -

@hailinel:

I meant more in comparison to the movie.

It doesn't matter either way because the name isn't used in any of the Persona games.

#370 Posted by aurahack (2264 posts) -

Could aliases for "RGB Split" (and alternatives of "Color Split" and "CMYK Split") be added to the Color Separation page? It's the term that is thrown around by a lot of my teachers and friends who have worked or currently work in the VFX industry.

#371 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

Shin Sangoku Musou 7 has been officially announced for Western release as Dynasty Warriors 8, so a rename is in order.

#372 Edited by dungbootle (2457 posts) -
#373 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -

Rename: Shin Sekaiju no Meikyu - >Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu - Millennium no Shoujo

it's the full title

Also, needs the following aliases Etrian Odyssey: Millennium Maiden / Etrian Odyssey: Millennium Girl

#374 Edited by Marino (4598 posts) -

Done up to here.

Staff
#375 Edited by Rain_1 (119 posts) -

(alias) Truxton 2 = Tatsujin Oh

It's the Japanese name of Truxton 2

#376 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -

Animales de la Muerte has been turned from vaporware into a mobile game and is now called Zoombies - Animales de la Muerte ... thus, please rename!

#377 Posted by NuclearWinter (743 posts) -

Done!

#378 Edited by icytower38 (461 posts) -
#379 Edited by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

Liquid Kids needs the alias Mizubaku Daibouken, its Japanese title.

Okuninushi also needs the alias Oukuninushi.

One more edit: Goumaden needs the aliases Gouma-Den and Hotel Goumaden.

I lied: Dr. Victor should be renamed to Victor, and Dr. Victor kept as an alias. He's not referred to as a doctor in all the games in which he appears.

#380 Posted by ZombiePie (5585 posts) -

All request up to this point have been processed.

#381 Posted by Deusoma (3001 posts) -

Rachel --> "Rachael", quick fix.

#382 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -

rename: KORG M01D to KORG M01

add alias KORG M01D

M01D was actually released on DS in Japan three years ago so the eShop version is just an enhanced port.

#383 Edited by Nadafinga (957 posts) -
#384 Posted by Mento (2441 posts) -
#385 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2480 posts) -

Sonic & Knuckles three aliases should be added: "Blue Sphere" "Get Blue Spheres" and "Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2"

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 should have the alias "Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2"

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 should have the alias "Sonic 3 & Knuckles"

Blue Sphere (also known as "Get Blue Spheres" is largely considered a game in it's own right, but I think since Blue Sphere was never released on it's own, it's most appropriate to simply leave it as a section on the Sonic & Knuckles page. Having this alias for it will have it show up in search and prevent people from creating a separate page for it.

As for the other ones, there's information about these games on each of those pages, so it's probably most appropriate to add them as an alias on both pages.

Also, because of the secret at the end of each of these games:

Super Mario Galaxy should have the alias "Super Luigi Galaxy"

Super Mario Galaxy 2 should have the alias "Super Luigi Galaxy 2"

#386 Posted by Marino (4598 posts) -

Done up to here.

Staff
#387 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -
#388 Edited by Hailinel (23902 posts) -

The weapon Falchion is also referred to as both Exalted Falchion and Parallel Falchion in Fire Emblem: Awakening, and thus should have those aliases.

Also, the continent of Valentia is known as Valm in Fire Emblem: Awakening, and requires that as an alias, as well.

#389 Posted by Marino (4598 posts) -

Done up to here.

Staff
#390 Edited by DeF (4799 posts) -
#391 Posted by BlackLagoon (1382 posts) -
#392 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2312 posts) -
#393 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

The Real Ghostbusters should have the aliases Garfield Labyrinth and Mickey Mouse IV: Mahou no Labyrinth. It utilized different licenses in different regions but is otherwise the same game.

#394 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2480 posts) -

Super Bonk should have an alias for the Japanese title "Chou Genjin" and also for the EU title "Super B.C. Kid"

Chou Genjin 2 should have the alias "Super B.C. Kid 2"

Jet Grind Radio should have the alias for the abbreviation of the title, "JGR"

Auto-Scrolling Levels should have an alias "Autoscroll" as well as "Forced Scroll"

Dragon Power should have an alias "Dragon Ball: Mystery of Shenlong"

#395 Posted by BeachThunder (11697 posts) -

The Real Ghostbusters should have the aliases Garfield Labyrinth and Mickey Mouse IV: Mahou no Labyrinth. It utilized different licenses in different regions but is otherwise the same game.

Not sure I agree with this; they all use different characters based on the franchises they are related to, right? Consider that Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2 have separate pages.

#396 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

@BeachThunder I'm willing to have that conversation. I did searches for the other titles and found only one page, which already had all three versions as releases, so I decided to stick with the existing setup. But we don't have to keep it that way if we don't feel it's appropriate.

#397 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -

aliases:

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

->>

Mario & Luigi RPG 4: Dream Adventure

マリオ&ルイージRPG4 ドリームアドベンチャー

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.

---

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 (Working Title)

-->

The Legend of Zelda: Kamigami no Triforce 2

The Legend of Zelda: 神々のトライフォース 2

(it's the official Japanese title, shown in the Japanese Nintendo Direct)

----

rename:

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies

is actually called: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

#398 Edited by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

Ba Dai Wang needs to be renamed Ba Da Wang per official localization, but the former should be kept as an alias.

Lucifer needs the alias Louis Cyphre, the official localization of his in-game alias that is also originally a reference to Angel Heart, an 80s De Niro movie.

#399 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2480 posts) -

@lordandrew said:

Not sure I agree with this; they all use different characters based on the franchises they are related to, right? Consider that Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2 have separate pages.

Hmm... So, if that's the case, does that mean any game that has a different name and different graphics despite having identical gameplay should be split up into two pages?

I'm talking specifically about games that were changed from one region to the next, but are still essentially the same game, with the same levels, running on the same engine.

For example: Dragon Power for the NES was a Dragon Ball game on the Famicom. The sprites, story and title were changed... so should they be two separate pages? If not, should that Doki Doki Panic page be merged with the Super Mario Bros. 2 page?

#400 Posted by BeachThunder (11697 posts) -

@beachthunder said:

@lordandrew said:

Hmm... So, if that's the case, does that mean any game that has a different name and different graphics despite having identical gameplay should be split up into two pages?

I'm talking specifically about games that were changed from one region to the next, but are still essentially the same game, with the same levels, running on the same engine.

For example:

Dragon Power

for the NES was a Dragon Ball game on the Famicom. The sprites, story and title were changed... so should they be two separate pages? If not, should that

Doki Doki Panic

page be merged with the

Super Mario Bros. 2

page?

I honestly don't know, there seems to be arguments either way. If you just have one page, then it removes the redundancies of having similar info on multiple pages. However, with multiple pages, you can specify exact things for each version; also, it means searching and linking to franchises makes more sense.