This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

So here we have the page for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, which was the GBA release of A Link to the Past, plus the new game Four Swords. Makes sense. It was more than just a port of the original game.

So then there's the recently released The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition on DSiWare. It does not have a page. It is instead treated as a release of ALTTP+FS. There's even an alias, so that seems to have had the approval of a moderator or staff member. But it's not just a port of A Link to the Past & Four Swords. It lacks A Link to the Past, for one. There are changes made to the game to account for the removal of A Link to the Past, plus there's the addition of the brand new Realm of Memories. In my opinion it's worthy of its own page, just like ALLTP+FS was worthy of its own page separate from the original game. I would have just gone ahead and created the page, but the alias suggests that it may be controversial. I can't find any previous discussion for this, so let's start now. What do you think?

#2 Posted by Marino (4599 posts) -

@LordAndrew: Yeah, it's debatable, but it'd probably be better as a separate page. It has a single player mode that the original version didn't have. It's kind of a unique mess to have when a game that was essentially a bonus to a re-release gets it's own separate re-release/remake.

Staff
#3 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
Consider it done, eventually. It's fortunate that I decided to search Google for this thread first, because that's how I found a page had previously been created and never indexed.
#4 Posted by DeF (4805 posts) -