Seperate: Namco & Namco Bandai?

Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Echo

Does anyone else think these should be separate pages? I think it would be better to have a list of games developed by Namco before the merger, like Time Crisis and Katamari Damacy. Bandai has it's own separate page, anyway.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

And it's kind of weird how there's a Tecmo Koei page and multiple Koei pages, but no Tecmo page.  (Though Koei still gets single-billing on games like the Dynasty Warriors series.)

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#4  Edited By Marino  Staff

Yeah, a lot of the company stuff is a total mess.  I tried to tackle Konami about a year ago and made some progress, but it's not easy.  We also attempted to fix the Atari issue a while back and I think that went pretty well.  It's a lot of work, so if someone wants to tackle Tecmo or Namco pre-merger and get the right games in the right place, by all means, please do.  I'll even set a wiki task to give whoever does it some bonus points.

Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Echo
@Marino: Yeah, I'm down. Shouldn't take more than a few hours.
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marino  Staff
@Echo: Well, create a Namco-only page, and good luck.  Let me know when you're done and I'll make a task simply to award you some points.  If I put a task on it now, I have a feeling it would make a mess if we had several people trying to do it at once.
Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Echo
@Marino: All done. It took about 6 hours of working on it non-stop and it got really confusing at some spots after the merging date, where some boxes still used the Namco logo instead of the Namco Bandai logo. I left Namco Bandai as the publisher as well as Namco on any game that saw a Virtual Console release etc; (let me know if you think this should be changed, though).
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Marino  Staff
@Echo: Nice.  And you are correct on the virtual console stuff.  They should have both publishers listed since the VC release would be under the merged name.  I've put up the task, so I'll need you to do some type of edit to the page for it to recognize you as contributing to the task so that I can award the points.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Karl_Boss
@Marino: Hailinel brought up the fact that Koei has its own page but Tecmo does not. What do you want to do about that? Tecmo actually recently became its own company again as well.
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Marino  Staff
@Unknown_Pleasures: I don't personally know the lineage on Tecmo and Koei, but if we don't have a Tecmo-only page, then it should probably get the same treatment as Namco did.
Avatar image for chickengeorgewashington
chickengeorgewashington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Great, this will better reflect the time periods in which many games on here were developed. 

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karl_Boss
@Marino said:
" @Unknown_Pleasures: I don't personally know the lineage on Tecmo and Koei, but if we don't have a Tecmo-only page, then it should probably get the same treatment as Namco did. "
I'll work on it
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karl_Boss
@Marino: Made seperate Tecmo page and added games developed and published while removing Tecmo Koei from said games.