Should RRoD be merged with an engrossing hardware failure page?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I think this is a good idea, because there currently isn't a hardware failure page, while there is one on RRoD. Because RRoD isn't the first instance of hardware failure, shouldn't there be a hardware failure page that includes RRoD?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

Interesting point, plus the RRoD page isn't that big. I think that it would be a good idea to have a page listing all known videogame hardware failures.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By roushimsx

I vote for both a separate engrossing hardware failures page that briefly covers every little thing and then separate, detailed pages for major failures. Blinking screens on Nintendo Entertainment Systems, laser misalignment on Playstations (with possibly a blurb on laser misalignment in Gamecubes), disc read errors on Playstation 2s and Xboxs and a lengthy article on the three red rings on Xbox 360s. Minor or less documented issues like dying CD-ROM motors in SegaCDs or faulty controller ports in Dreamcasts are small enough to remain in the main article without overpowering other blurbs while the larger issues could become fairly sizeable entries in their own right.

RRoDs alone have spawned an impressively long and detailed article from Dean Takahashi and you can stumble on page after page online of information regarding the problems of the NES, PS1, PS2 and XBox.

Just my take; it's not really a project I'd be too interested in purusing myself.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Player1

If anything related to hardware failure deserves its own page, it's the RROD. You do make a very valid point though.