Similar pages?

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

The only difference I see between Monster Capturing (didn't make this page btw) and Gotta catch 'em all is that the former is specific to creatures but the latter includes items, characters, etc. The two even have the same image. I like the name "Monster Capturing" better but Gotta catch 'em all has a better description.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I believe the difference lies in how many monsters are captured. The first article relates to just being able to, while the second one talks about capturing all of them. I'd say they could probably be merged somehow.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By roushimsx

Sounds like the first page relates to the ability to capture monsters while the second page simply includes the ability to capture monsters but only as a small portion of it. Just being able to capture monsters doesn't mean that you can collect all of them.

I'm sure someone more familiar with the Megaten series can shed more light on the topic, but isn't there a strict limit to the number of demons that you can have in a majority of the games?

Likewise, "Gotta catch 'em all" is a phrase adopted from Pokemon (known for its monster capturing), but applies to collect-a-thon platformers. You know the type. Rare is pretty notorious for their output of them on the SNES and N64 and the concept has carried over into modern games in the form of awarding achievements for obsessive compulsive collecting behavior.

If anything, I recommend changing the name of "Gotta catch 'em all" to "Collect-a-thon" so as to sever the direct Pokemon link and make the distinction a bit more clear.