This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ReverendHunt (318 posts) -

So I've never played Soccer Kid, but a good 90% of these seem like generic enemies or background characters, which would be concepts, not characters. How many are actual characters? Which can be safely axed?

#2 Posted by Marino (4599 posts) -

@reverendhunt: About half of them seem pretty generic.

I'll give @fiye a chance to explain.

Staff
#3 Posted by fiye (101 posts) -

Hi!

I found the characters along with their names in the game manual and transferred them to GB. Maybe the character list is a bit too detailed and there are some characters which would be concepts (like Baby Alligator, Birry Bird, Clam, Coal Mole, D'Lagonfry, Deranged Dog, Fish, Frying Fish, Frog, Porcupine, Rat, Sheep, Snake, Squirrel, Swordfish, Tumbleweed, Wolf).

I took wiki pages like Castlevania as a model where every enemy/sprite in a game is listed as a character and my aim was to create the most detailed list of characters with their respective sprites, names and descriptions for Soccer Kid.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (23910 posts) -
@fiye said:

Hi!

I found the characters along with their names in the game manual and transferred them to GB. Maybe the character list is a bit too detailed and there are some characters which would be concepts (like Baby Alligator, Birry Bird, Clam, Coal Mole, D'Lagonfry, Deranged Dog, Fish, Frying Fish, Frog, Porcupine, Rat, Sheep, Snake, Squirrel, Swordfish, Tumbleweed, Wolf).

I took wiki pages like Castlevania as a model where every enemy/sprite in a game is listed as a character and my aim was to create the most detailed list of characters with their respective sprites, names and descriptions for Soccer Kid.

That is not the Giant Bomb Castlevania wiki page. I'd say most if not all of those pages you listed should be concept pages. By the rules of the Giant Bomb wiki, any generic, recurring creature like an alligator or what have you is a concept, and there's already an alligator concept page to link to Soccer Kid.

#5 Edited by fiye (101 posts) -

@hailinel said:

That is not the Giant Bomb Castlevania wiki page. I'd say most if not all of those pages you listed should be concept pages. By the rules of the Giant Bomb wiki, any generic, recurring creature like an alligator or what have you is a concept, and there's already an alligator concept page to link to Soccer Kid.

But ...but... it is the "baby" alligator that will go down under all the other big alligators in the concept page from all the other games..

You don't have a heart? :D

#6 Posted by Hailinel (23910 posts) -
@fiye said:

@hailinel said:

But ...but... it is the "baby" alligator that will go down under the other big alligators in the concept page from all the other games..

You don't have a heart? haha :D

That's just the way it works. The vast majority of these character pages you've created for the game don't actually qualify under the Giant Bomb guidelines.

#7 Edited by fiye (101 posts) -

@hailinel said:
@fiye said:

@hailinel said:

But ...but... it is the "baby" alligator that will go down under the other big alligators in the concept page from all the other games..

That's just the way it works. The vast majority of these character pages you've created for the game don't actually qualify under the Giant Bomb guidelines.

So f**** what .....then lets delete them for your satisfaction...and the GB guidelines of course

#8 Posted by Hailinel (23910 posts) -

@fiye said:

@hailinel said:
@fiye said:

@hailinel said:

So f**** what .....then lets delete them for your satisfaction...and the GB guidelines of course

Well, you don't have to be rude about it. I'm just explaining the guidelines as I've understood them for the years I've contributed to the wiki. It's ultimately up to the moderators and staff whether a page should stay or go. If you can put up a convincing argument for why they should stay that will satisfy the moderators, then they'll stay.

#9 Posted by Marino (4599 posts) -

Well, I don't see any valid reason to keep the ones listed above. I've left the characters on the page that at least seem to be unique.

Staff