This thread can be locked!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

I know VGCW is popular and pretty entertaining, but a Giant Bomb concept page? Fan creations using game assets don't get their own specific pages.

And what does The Sims 3 and Octodad have to do with it?

Someone actually filled in the page while I was posting this and actually made it make sense as a concept page. Feel free to ignore this!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

There is a VGCW poster in the background in one of the Octodad levels.

No Caption Provided

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hailinel

@jjor64: Someone filled in an article on the page while I was typing this post up, apparently. It's bizarrely unexpected, but yeah, there does appear to be enough to meet the guidelines for a concept page. Wacky. All right, mods. Ignore this then!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

This page is up for review, even after the thread title edit. Leaving it open until a decision is made.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@mb said:

This page is up for review, even after the thread title edit. Leaving it open until a decision is made.

In that case, I guess I'll post what I had written before I saw the OP change his mind:

I don't see what it possibly hurts to have a VGCW page. Sure, every fan mod shouldn't have dedicated pages here (at least not in this current format) but I think ones that are unique, have achieved huge popularity and acclaim, and are even mentioned in other games (like in that screenshot above) serve this site well by making their base game's pages, and by extension Giant Bomb itself, more complete.

Not to mention that a VGCW page isn't really distracting from anything else or taking up the space where something else should be.

I'd say, leave it alone.

(And to be clear, I'm not a fan of wrestling or wrestling games and I've only ever seen like 2 minutes of a VGCW stream. I'm not defending it because I'm into it. Just because more info is usually better than less, and this page is harmless.)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:
@mb said:

In that case, I guess I'll post what I had written before I saw the OP change his mind:

I don't see what it possibly hurts to have a VGCW page. Sure, every fan mod shouldn't have dedicated pages here (at least not in this current format) but I think ones that are unique, have achieved huge popularity and acclaim, and are even mentioned in other games (like in that screenshot above) serve this site well by making their base game's pages, and by extension Giant Bomb itself, more complete.

Not to mention that a VGCW page isn't really distracting from anything else or taking up the space where something else should be.

I'd say, leave it alone.

(And to be clear, I'm not a fan of wrestling or wrestling games and I've only ever seen like 2 minutes of a VGCW stream. I'm not defending it because I'm into it. Just because more info is usually better than less, and this page is harmless.)

On the other hand, is a reference to VGCW in a poster in Octodad really worth a concept page? And WWE 13 and 14 are both assigned to the concept even though they're just the games that are used to create the VGCW matches, which makes them more of a fit for the machinima concept (if that).

So I can really see this going both ways and will defer to the mods.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#7 Marino  Staff

We've talked about it, and got staff input as well. Basically, we feel it's still just machinima and allowing a page for VGCW specifically sets a precedent for a road we don't want to go down.

The page has been deleted.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Yeah, if you're gonna have a page for this you're opening the door for pages on Salty Bet or Red vs. Blue, etc.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

@theht:

I kind of wish there were wiki pages for stuff like that. Somewhere, at least, even if it isn't Giant Bomb.