Two Loki's into one

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By sarahsdad
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

No. Loki in Too Human is an entirely different character than Loki in Valkyrie Profile, or in any other game. They're all different Lokis.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MasturbatingBear
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By breton
MasturbatingBear said:
"Wow... did you even bother looking at the 2 pages?"
Did you? The first page refers to the Norse god in general, covering every game that has used him in an artistic license. The second refers to the same Norse god, again - in an artistic license, but in Valkyrie Profile specifically. While I very much feel that these characters are different, it dubs the question - where do we draw the line? A lot of characters are under the same circumstance. Albert Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, Alexander the Great. Each of the characters plays a significantly different role in every game they're featured, but are still generally the same person/character.
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Discorsi

There should be different Loki pages or you could make a Loki concept lol

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By breton
Discorsi said:
"There should be different Loki pages or you could make a Loki concept lol"
I'd freely get on this idea if they really were different characters. But if we take that stance, we'd end up with 2 Albert Einsteins, 3 Abraham Lincolns, and 6 Alexander the Greats(and 6 Lokis). It could also fault a technicality in licensed athletes. When a wrestling or sports game isn't a direct sequel of another, would we have to create another Micheal Jordan?
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Discorsi
breton said:
"Discorsi said:
"There should be different Loki pages or you could make a Loki concept lol"
I'd freely get on this idea if they really were different characters. But if we take that stance, we'd end up with 2 Albert Einsteins, 3 Abraham Lincolns, and 6 Alexander the Greats(and 6 Lokis). It could also fault a technicality in licensed athletes. When a wrestling or sports game isn't a direct sequel of another, would we have to create another Micheal Jordan?
"
oh the loopholes :(
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew

Based on the description of Valkyrie Profile's Loki, it refers to the god Loki. So that should go.
Now let's talk about Too Human. From what I understand, the characters, although based on Norse gods, are actually cybernetically enhanced humans. That sounds different enough for Too Human's Loki to warrant his own page.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By breton
LordAndrew said:
"From what I understand, the characters, although based on Norse gods, are actually cybernetically enhanced humans"
I guess.. but is it really just "based" on Norse mythology? The game seems to rip generally everything from it. To me, it still only feels like a reinterpretation of the character - not a completely different one.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew

Well, I haven't played the game, so I'm not sure.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By PureRok

The page talking about the trickster in general should just have different sections in the description for each iteration of Loki. There is no need to have more than one since (for the most part) every Loki is going to be about him. The only time I could see this not applying is if there is a character in a game called Loki but has no actual tie to the god (i.e., not based on Norse mythology).

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Ill make another Loki page... Loki from vigilante 8. That dude is the shit.

EDIT: Done!
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jayge_
PureRok said:
"The page talking about the trickster in general should just have different sections in the description for each iteration of Loki. There is no need to have more than one since (for the most part) every Loki is going to be about him. The only time I could see this not applying is if there is a character in a game called Loki but has no actual tie to the god (i.e., not based on Norse mythology)."
That's what I was thinking would be the best option, although that would probably make Loki a concept instead of a character.