#1 Posted by egg (1467 posts) -

I haven't seen any other same-name games on the site split up even if a split is warranted. If Sonic Unleashed is one page instead of 2, then shouldn't Powerslave be one page as well? According to the wiki pages on this site, it's the same name, released almost simultaneously, identical storyline, same genre, same general premise, same assets/sprites, same developer (now this I was surprised)... just an entirely different game on console. Well boo hoo, virtually all of that applies to Sonic Unleashed and on top of that it was actually an entirely different dev (Dimps) that made it.

Then again, maybe it is meant to be split up, and I'm overreacting. Maybe just nobody brought it up before, that's all. In which case I will make this a merge/combine request and provide links to both wiki pages on the site:

-

#2 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

From the console page:

Unlike the PC release, the console version runs in a custom engine named, "SlaveDriver" and contains entirely new levels and a more open gameplay structure over the original game's generally linear progression between levels. Also changed has been the game's ammunition system [...]

It's not identical to the PC release and the changes are significant enough that I can see why two separate pages were created. That said, I could get behind merging the two pages as much of the info is shared between the two.

#3 Posted by egg (1467 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

From the console page:

Unlike the PC release, the console version runs in a custom engine named, "SlaveDriver" and contains entirely new levels and a more open gameplay structure over the original game's generally linear progression between levels. Also changed has been the game's ammunition system [...]

It's not identical to the PC release and the changes are significant enough that I can see why two separate pages were created. That said, I could get behind merging the two pages as much of the info is shared between the two.

Yea but by that logic Sonic Colors DS should almost certainly have separate page from the Wii game, since the DS one isn't even 3D and is basically another Rush game.

*maybe* Powerslave console and Powerslave PC are more different from each other than the two versions of Sonic Unleashed, but I'm sure it's by a slim margin. If Powerslave gets separated then Sonic Unleashed should be up for consideration as well. (that is to say, I will gladly submit a page for it if I'm allowed to.) More or less everything the wiki pages state about the Powerslave PC and Powerslave console being different apply to Sonic Unleashed as well. The 2 Unleashed titles have different engine, different levels, different game feel, simplified/altered game mechanics, different progression system, slightly different structure... and again, on top of that Sonic Unleashed actually has a different dev whereas Powerslave supposedly has the same dev.

#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@egg:

Taking a look at the Sonic Colors page, I'm now fully behind combining the Powerstone pages. I feel that the way it's handled with Colors is superior to having two pages.