7 minute gameplay trailer

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikeeegeee

Well, what do you think? The game is out in a few months, so I expect to see a lot more media.

I recognize Lance Reddick's voice (WHAT UP DANIELS?) and Peter Dinklage, so it's obvious they're dumping money into every facet of this game.

I really dislike describing a game by comparing it to other games, but the health bars on enemies look almost identical to Borderlands. I'd kinda prefer they get rid of them :/

The mission they highlight is a bit generic, but at times the combat seems quite evocative of Halo (in particular, the shotgun stuff).

I'm reserving judgement because, from what I understand, the game is quite large, so it feels very premature to make any decisions based on one video. But, I wasn't too impressed by this one. Still, it is Bungie, and I've got to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also, some strong Marty O'Donnell work at the end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Call me cynical, but this looks pretty boring and uninteresting. Nothing I've never seen before.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I think it's way more than just the enemy health bars that make this look like Borderlands, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I understand why they chose to show off what is a relatively bland part of the game, so I can't knock it for that. The combat definitely looks fun and it seems like there will be a good variety and weapons and powers. They said the media flood for this game will be at E3, and a lot of things they are promising for the final product sound really intriguing, so if they can deliver on that I'm sure it's going to be a pretty good game. Overall I am looking forward to it quite a bit.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Looks fun to me, but then, I plan on playing it with a few friends. There are a lot of games I think are great with friends but lacking alone. I don't need it to be wildly different and new, just functional and fun to coop.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bigjeffrey

zzzz.

will be trying beta, but looks boring. Bungie is great at building worlds though.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Ya I agree it seems boring. Maybe it is how they keep cutting to weird angles and between people IDK. I would hope it had an interesting story or there was more to the real game. I'll have to wait until it comes out to see if it is worth getting. I was really looking foreword to it after it was announced too.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

The music really gives it a halo vibe, but overall I think the game looks great. Co-op play is going to be a must.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Nothing about it seemed revolutionary. Left trigger, right trigger.

I was really hoping this would be like some next gen gameplay but it just seems like another shooter.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, not the only one thinking it looks a lot like Borderlands. This seems wrote, but if it's got a good story and there's more depth yet to be revealed (one would hope), then maybe E3 will get me interested again.

Peter Dinklage is a cool pick but his delivery seems pretty flat.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Lukeweizer

Halo never did it for me. Found it pretty boring. Had fun occasionally with the multiplayer. Destiny just looks like more the same old slower-paced first-person shooting.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think it looks cool as hell but I'm a total Bungie stan so I would say that

Excited!

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karkarov

You guys realize it is a seven minute trailer showing off what is like one of the first story missions of the game right? Just checking.

They could have used something better than the magnum for the majority of camera time. Dinklage's delivery is also flat because it is supposed to be a robot. The game "looks like" Borderlands, but it is not Borderlands.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RonGalaxy

This could be misinformation that Im passing along, but I figured I'd say it to give some hope to people who found this trailer boring

I've seen some people who claim to be beta testing the game for bungie anonymously say the game is impressive for other reasons then what they're showing off, mostly the staggering scope of it all (not sure if that means the world or not). Like I said, take this with a grain of salt, but I definitely wont complain if it's true.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'll be turning off those health bars for sure. They should have done that to begin with.

Aiasdair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hype at first...But I think it does look like a less comic-y borderlands....I hope the finish product doesn't feel this generic...

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the health bars at all. Other than that, it looks pretty much like what I want out of a loot-based game. And Co-op seems practically mandatory.

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Dinklage voices a tiny robot? That ain't right.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shortbreadtom

If everything surrounding the mission to mission stuff is as interesting as they say, then I'm perfectly fine with standard but well playing combat. And it's Bungie, so you know the combat will be good

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By TheHT

That was... a really boring video. The game itself looks fun. Maybe it was the boring ass music bringing the whole thing down.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

I guess I'm still Halo'd out, because that trailer did nothing for me. Still have plenty of time to get hype though.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By theacidskull

I honestly don't care if this game revolutionizes shooters, it looks bafflingly fun and engaging which is enough for me. It's on the list. Also, I'm kinda more interested in the story rather more so than the actual gameplay, despite the fact that both factors are important. EIther ways, it seems like a blast, and I've been meaning to get something that would allow me and my buds to compete against each other again.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dinklage sounds bored to be there.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The capture looks so low bitrate that it's difficult to see what the game actually looks like, but it looks less impressive then what they showed off originally.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Er... have I been playing too much Doom or do they seem to be moving really, really fucking slow? It looks like it could be fun if they would improve the movement speed by a factor of three or so. And I'm not talking about clicking in the analog stick to run, either.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of curiosity, just what is the "Next-gen" gameplay people were hoping for? I'm not saying there's no room for improvement within genre, but Bungie never said they were making a whole new genre from scratch. It looks like another first-person shooter, and that's not (entirely) a bad thing in my mind. It's what I expected.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A pretty awful way to show of the game, just a boring video with boring standard combat. However, I'm reserving judgement for the game itself: I love much of what Bungie has done in the past, and the "Magic" system sounds interesting. But as I said, they couldn't have shown a more boring mission, and Dinklage sounds like he wants to be anywhere but there recording that voice.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Looks good to me.Bungie hasn't let me down before and, from the looks of things, I think that trend will continue.