#1 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

So there was this quest beacon in explore mode, right next to a node of Spinmetal. I pretty much accepted the quest and looted the node as quickly as possible, and I got a crash...

...now I can't connect to the servers anymore. Anybody had the same thing? Is my character just logged in on the server, whilst my client crashed, and now I can't reconnect because of that? Is there a way to circumvent this?

#2 Posted by Zevvion (2084 posts) -

I got booted out of the servers a couple of times. A little while later I could reconnect again.

#3 Posted by thirteenyahs (128 posts) -

are you getting any sort of error when attempting to reconnect?

#4 Edited by insane_shadowblade85 (1471 posts) -

Nope, I can say that I haven't crashed or gotten booted out of the game. I hope you can get back in before the alpha is done.

#5 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

I played a round of BF4. Meanwhile the issue resolved itself. I guess at some point my character got logged out automatically, and I now I'm able to join back in. Though it's definitely at least 10 minutes or something. Rather bothersome, if one wants to play.

@thirteenyahs said:

It just said that it can't connect, and that I should check my PSN connectivity.

#6 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3816 posts) -

@seppli said:

I played a round of BF4. Meanwhile the issue resolved itself. I guess at some point my character got logged out automatically, and I now I'm able to join back in. Though it's definitely at least 10 minutes or something. Rather bothersome, if one wants to play.

@thirteenyahs said:

It just said that it can't connect, and that I should check my PSN connectivity.

That has nothing to do with your crash. The game never crashed for me, but I'm still getting that message.

#7 Posted by Jackel2072 (2267 posts) -

I have yet to complete a strike mission. After 20 mins or so I get booted out of the server, but I can reconnect immediately.

#8 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@seppli said:

@thirteenyahs said:

That has nothing to do with your crash. The game never crashed for me, but I'm still getting that message.

Likely happens when you just turn off the client without logging out properly first - because that's pretty much the effect of a client crash.

#9 Posted by Bulby33 (599 posts) -

One time the game crashed on me when I was fighting a giant mech/tank thing with a couple of other people, but it didn't crash to the menu or anything, it straight-up glitched and went all yellow and purple. It was weird! I had to reboot my PS4. Other than that I never had any problems.

#10 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3816 posts) -

@bulby33 said:

One time the game crashed on me when I was fighting a giant mech/tank thing with a couple of other people, but it didn't crash to the menu or anything, it straight-up glitched and went all yellow and purple. It was weird! I had to reboot my PS4. Other than that I never had any problems.

Same here, although I didn't have to reboot. Just hit the PS button and closed the application.