• 105 results
#1 Posted by Mister_V (1286 posts) -

Just got an e-mail with my code, downloading it now.

Who else got in?

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

Awaiting seeing if I got a code. I've heard they are sending out codes in waves to avoid breaking the servers right out of the gate. Codes apparently cease to be sent out at 12am PST so if you haven't gotten one by then you aint getting in son.

#3 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1704 posts) -

Apparently everyone that signed up will get in, though I haven't gotten my code yet.

#4 Posted by A_E_Martin (217 posts) -

I got mine, and yeah, everybody who signed up should be getting a code. Really interested to get my hands on this, still not sure what to make of it.

#5 Edited by Darklight (212 posts) -

Just realised that I probably won't receive a code. I tried to register from the browser at work and the site wasn't loading correctly it seems because I did not get a thank you message after entering my PSN ID. :(

Oh well, have fun everyone. I guess I'll check some stream later on.

#6 Posted by shinboy630 (1140 posts) -

Signed up but still awaiting my code here.

#7 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (416 posts) -

I haven't gotten a code, but I also didn't get my Hardline code until today so I wouldn't be surprised if they're also staggering their releases to keep servers from getting all sorts of fucked.

#8 Posted by Jesus_Phish (799 posts) -

Got my code.

#9 Posted by Mister_V (1286 posts) -

It's cool so many people are getting in. I really want to see how frequently you run into people just out in the world.

#10 Posted by Pepeman (112 posts) -

Code got. Downloading it like an animal!

#11 Posted by MrMuscle (447 posts) -

Went out and bought a PS4 today just to play the Alpha (I was going to buy one eventually) so i hope i get in, or else i have egg on my face :D

#12 Posted by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -

I just got the code. When I get home from work I'll download.

#13 Posted by darkjohnny47 (116 posts) -

got my code around 3:30 EST. downloading the 6.5 gb file now.

#14 Posted by juice8367 (443 posts) -

I fucked up. I put in my email address instead of my playstation ID. I hate myself so much right now.

#15 Posted by Pezen (1604 posts) -

Got the code but I'm still at work like a chump (like a chump, hey, like a chump). Will download it as soon as I can. Really curious how it is in person.

#16 Posted by marc (505 posts) -

My email is not working right now, so I have no way of checking that for a code. Do they send a message over PSN as well? IT would be a real bummer to not be able to get my code because of my email not letting me log in.

#17 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (460 posts) -

I forgot if I even signed up D:

#18 Edited by Zeik (2440 posts) -

@marc: Yes, they are supposed to send a message on psn as well.

#19 Posted by marc (505 posts) -

@zeik: Awesome! Thanks! Crisis averted.

#20 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5515 posts) -

I haven't gotten an email yet. I signed up before the deadline, so hopefully I get in.

#21 Posted by Zirilius (650 posts) -

I haven't gotten an email yet. I signed up before the deadline, so hopefully I get in.

I've seen multiple people state that Bungie is letting everyone in that signed up but I can't guarantee that. Good chance though if its not people just trying troll.

#22 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@marc: I just got in as well. Didn't get a message on PSN though. Only via email.

#23 Edited by pweidman (2336 posts) -

Got mine about 1 hr ago but the DL is super slow(even by PS4 standards:)...maybe I'll get on tonight.

Many are still waiting, for those who didn't get the e-mail yet. I gotta feeling they're staggering the invites to avoid server meltdown. Hang in there.

Never got a message on PSN either btw.

#24 Edited by marc (505 posts) -

@seppli: Sadly I haven't gotten in, and with my broke ass email I may not be able to get my code anyway. Ugh.

Edit: Got into my email and got my code! Very excite

#25 Posted by mikey87144 (1775 posts) -

If anyone has a spare key may I use it. I would've registered but I thought it was the same thing as the Beta.

#26 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1704 posts) -

@pweidman said:

Got mine about 1 hr ago but the DL is super slow(even by PS4 standards:)...maybe I'll get on tonight.

Many are still waiting, for those who didn't get the e-mail yet. I gotta feeling they're staggering the invites to avoid server meltdown. Hang in there.

Yeah, got my code also and it too is downloading ridiculously slow. The Hardline beta downloaded really quick just a few hours ago, but this one is barely moving at all.

#27 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Until when will the Alpha last?

#28 Posted by wemibelec90 (1671 posts) -

Just got mine, so they seem to be still sending them out. I keep hearing that it's unclear whether or not everyone is expected to get in, so I would advise being patient and hoping for the best.

My download seems to be going pretty speedily. About 45 min to download the whole 6.6 GB.

#29 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Downloaded and installed quickly for me. Just enough to post a few things on the forums and get a clean shave.

Time to go down the rabbit hole. *grin*

#30 Posted by marc (505 posts) -

I say everyone will get in. me and 4 other local friends of mine all signed up, and we all got in, albeit at different times.

#31 Posted by Mister_V (1286 posts) -

Just played just over an hour of it. Early impressions are good. The combat is very reminiscent of halo (not surprising really) and the AI seems pretty good. The guns all seem pretty good (and yes items do drop out in the world) I only came across one other player whilst i was in the exploration map but i'm guessing there are not that many people playing it yet.

My only real concern is that you seem to level slowly when you are doing the exploration quests. I was trying to get to 6 so i could try the strike mission and it seemed like it would take a while to get there. That said there seems to be a good variety of side quests to do and the areas seem pretty damn big. It also seems there are some sort of public quests that trigger when multiple people are in the same area? I noticed one popped up but i think it finished by the time i realised what was going on.

Overall i'm very impressed. Look forward to playing more tomorrow.

#32 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (686 posts) -

Yup. I'm downloading it now. Feel free to add Kbm600 on psn if anyone wants to play over the weekend while I'm on.

#33 Posted by xSeanZx (191 posts) -

@pweidman said:

Yeah, got my code also and it too is downloading ridiculously slow. The Hardline beta downloaded really quick just a few hours ago, but this one is barely moving at all.

Thats weird, im getting 5MB/s on wifi right now. Maybe its because they sent the codes out about 2 hours ago.

#34 Posted by Samael2138 (233 posts) -

Yeah, just waiting on the download

#35 Posted by Zirilius (650 posts) -

@seppli said:

Until when will the Alpha last?

Sunday at 11:59 PM

#36 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5515 posts) -
@zirilius said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

I've seen multiple people state that Bungie is letting everyone in that signed up but I can't guarantee that. Good chance though if its not people just trying troll.

Well, I just got my code, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's true.

#37 Posted by Zeik (2440 posts) -

No code for me yet. I know they're doling them out all day, but every moment that passes has more and more concerned that I screwed up the sign up somehow.

#38 Posted by GTCknight (695 posts) -

@zeik: I know the feeling I'm still waiting too.

#39 Posted by coaxmetal (1619 posts) -

It's actually just a demo, not an alpha.

#40 Posted by GTCknight (695 posts) -

Just got my code and its currently downloading.

PSN: GTCknight figured I'd put this here just in case.

#41 Edited by GunstarRed (5188 posts) -

I got a code, it's downloading right now.

#42 Posted by TurboMan (7546 posts) -

I got a code, I'll be playing tonight.

#43 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1053 posts) -
@zirilius said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

Well, I just got my code, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's true.

Just got my code 9 mins ago, so looking good for everyone else who signed up.

#44 Posted by Dr_Monocle (103 posts) -

I got mine a little while ago. It's taking forever to download and I feel like a whiny baby person.

#45 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

I signed up at like 9pm last night and just got my code.

#46 Posted by OmniscientCajun (124 posts) -

Just got my code and typed it in. I'll be playing in an estimated 77 hours. See you guys then!!

#47 Posted by Jesus_Phish (799 posts) -

Soccer balls confirmed.

#48 Posted by whatthegeek (60 posts) -

Anyone else getting suuuuuper slow download speeds?

#49 Posted by EthanielRain (851 posts) -

Come on, code - I need this game in my eyeballs :(

#50 Posted by marc (505 posts) -

A friend of mine registered, but stupidly didn't update the email tied to his PSN account. If anyone ends up with a spare code they do not need, it would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to find him one for the last hour.