User Lists: 0

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

Eh, it took a whole hour or so to get max level anyway.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Didn't they already said it? Or was that just something I assumed? Either way, it's unsurprising and I don't mind restarting a new character knowing the things I've learnt from the beta. The only sad part about this is that some of the rarer items I collected will be gone, but I've already save screenshots of it so it's better than nothing. I didn't read the full article, but did they mention if they will reset everything or just your characters and their items? Will your stats/grimoire score/etc. carry over?

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By syz

@baillie: Level doesn't seem like it really means anything. The interest was mainly in accrued items/faction/inventory; there are people who got their Cryptarch to over level 30 in the beta and got some pretty rare stuff out of it, as well as rare rewards from some of the events--I got a legendary ship and hand cannon from the same Iron Banner game.

@probablytuna: No mention of it, but I'll bet they wipe states/grimoire stuff as well.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I'm not surprised. Besides, I would have needed to go through the early missions again to see if they put the "That Wizard came from the Moon" line back in anyway.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nilazz

As expected.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cock. I thought they'd at least let us keep the Iron Banner stuff.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping they were gonna let us keep our gear and glimmer but oh well, not surprised at all.
Typically the rate that you level is increased during beta so I wouldn't worry about max leveling in a day....

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cloudnineboya

bummer that i will lose the ship and weapons i acquired. am i cool with having to start again for the 5th time plus grinding to get better loot, hell yes bring it on. cant wait to find out how the rest of the game plays and what new stuff has been added. the only real thing that could do with some tweaking for me is the menus and the load times other than that i looking forward to this. oh and the way you deploy your cruiser having to go through the ghost first kinda bugged me

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not surprised. Besides, I would have needed to go through the early missions again to see if they put the "That Wizard came from the Moon" line back in anyway.

Exactly.

Losing a few cool purples, blues, and oranges suck, but I will live. I just hope they soften those reputation grinds (other than Cryptarch and the clearly too easy by design Iron Banner) a little.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nasp

the game is so amazingly fun,i couldnt care less about restarting.

VoidPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

it's a beta, not 'early access', so of course it's not going to carry through, and nor would you want to. I'ld bet any 'epic gear' you picked up in beta would be obsolete in final since some things would be changed, re-balanced, and so on...you would realize that that 'awesome gear' turned out to suck. If you were expecting otherwise, you forget the cardinal rule of beta testing: do not get attached :)

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not carrying over beta is pretty typical, really. I never had any expectation of saving that progress.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#14 gamer_152  Moderator

That's not surprising. This is fairly common, it's what they've done before, and it seems fair enough.