#1 Posted by Mistzero (298 posts) -

Before watching Jeff play Destiny I was sort of tepid on the game mainly because I had no idea what the game was like.

Now I'm totally stoked to play the game so decided to preorder it on psn today so I could play it early, but I haven't received

the beta code yet; does anyone else have the same problem?

#2 Posted by Dussck (122 posts) -

@mistzero: I had exactly the same; did not know what was so cool about Destiny, until that Unfinished video. Looks like a cool game, solid gameplay and seems to be challenging as well at times.
I've also registered for the alpha, but I read somewhere it can take up to 24 hours to receive your code. Or not ofcourse :(

#3 Posted by Mistzero (298 posts) -

@dussck: I think today is last day to enter the beta key for Destiny in the Bungie site so if I don't receive it soon I just might be SOL.

#4 Edited by Jesus_Phish (607 posts) -

@dussck: They're not giving those codes out until Friday.

#5 Posted by Zella (699 posts) -

@mistzero said:

@dussck: I think today is last day to enter the beta key for Destiny in the Bungie site so if I don't receive it soon I just might be SOL.

I was under the impression that today's deadline was for the 3 Day Alpha coming up in a few days and not the Beta in July.

#6 Posted by pweidman (2297 posts) -

correct, today's deadline is only for the 3 day alpha.

#7 Posted by rachelepithet (1345 posts) -

How do you sign up?

#8 Posted by Mistzero (298 posts) -

@pweidman: Really? Well that's great thanks for the clarification guys.

#9 Posted by Mistzero (298 posts) -

@rachelepithet: You have to preorder the game to get the beta code. Once you get the code you have to go to Bungie's site and link your console id to Bungie's website. Then it'll prompt you to enter the code.

#10 Edited by Zirilius (573 posts) -
#11 Edited by Fattony12000 (7030 posts) -

#12 Posted by Mitch0712 (453 posts) -

One of the community managers for Bungie has said that everyone that signs up for the Alpha will get in.

#13 Posted by Tearhead (2151 posts) -

One of the community managers for Bungie has said that everyone that signs up for the Alpha will get in.

Don't play with my emotions.

#14 Posted by carlos707 (28 posts) -

I don't think psn has figured out the beta code thing yet. But considering the marketing deals between Sony and Bungie/activision I don't think those of us who preordered through psn will be left out. I plan on playing this game for a long time and I don't want to have to swap disks when I play this game with my friends.