Do NOT pre-order the DLC on PS4!!! (even if you want it)

• 52 results
TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If you pre-order the DLC you are locked out of playing Destiny until the DLC launches.

Yep. Paid for the DLC, locked out of the game as a result. Hows that for customer loyalty?

Message received Bungie, next time I consider giving you money I'll just fuck myself instead, cut out the middle man...

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

That's hilarious. How does that even get approved by anyone?

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Elaborate...? You are locked out of MP? I always said that Bungie were one trick ponies.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By citizencoffeecake

Great, more fuel for GOTY discussions (not great for you of course, that sucks).

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

Elaborate...? You are locked out of MP? I always said that Bungie were one trick ponies.

Destiny cannot be played offline. He's locked out of playing the game at all.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, literally locked out of playing the main game. Got a countdown on the PS4 dashboard, cannot play AT ALL until the DLC launches...

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pyrodactyl

Not a real thing, just tested it and the game works fine even though I bought the ''season'' pass.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timmychaw: That is really fucked up but sounds more like an issue with Sony.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

I Google'd the issue and found this:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-s-dark-below-dlc-locking-out-some-ps4-play/1100-6424064/

which suggests this:

Some Reddit users have suggested a workaround might be possible if players delete and re-download the game file. However, it has not been confirmed that this method works.

You could probably just try leaving it deleted until the day before the DLC unlocks or something like that, if this does indeed let you get back to playing the game.

Note that I'm just saying you may be able to get back to playing Destiny, I'm not defending this. This is terrible and inexcusable. I rarely say something like that, but paying money to pre-order something and then finding out that, because you took advantage of an offer to make sure that you have something, you're locked out of a product you spent a lot of money on really does deserve the term "inexcusable"

That sentence also deserves the term "inexcusable" for its clumsiness but I don't care right now.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why you would want to play the same content you already played 900 times just before the fresh content comes out.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a real thing, just tested it and the game works fine and I bought the ''season'' pass.

You got the pass, that is not what I did. I bought the standalone DLC, locked out as soon as I made the purchase.

There are well over 150 posts on the Bungie forums about this problem, and Bungie hasnt even acknowledged it!

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why you would want to play the same content you already played 900 times just before the fresh content comes out.

Not sure why I want to play the game I own? OK.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's messed up yo...

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@onarum: I would buy a shirt saying "I'm a wizard from the moon and that looks fucked up."

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Awesome.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's gotta be a mistake...
Launching the game the same way?
Shut off your console and unplug it for a few and try?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl said:

Not sure why I want to play the game I own? OK.

Hey, I know it's fucked up but Destiny is kind of fucked up in general so no suprises here. I hope they give you the second expansion for free for fucking up more than they already did. You'll probably get a gun or a bike though. Bungie are jerks like that.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not a problem on my end. I know how to operate my PS4. I was playing, logged out and bought the DLC. Now there is a big fat countdown timer. As far as I know, my ONLY option other than waiting with a thumb up my ass is to delete the game and download the whole fucker again.

For my $20 all I got was a slap in the face.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@franstone said:

Absolutely not a problem on my end. I know how to operate my PS4. I was playing, logged out and bought the DLC. Now there is a big fat countdown timer. As far as I know, my ONLY option other than waiting with a thumb up my ass is to delete the game and download the whole fucker again.

For my $20 all I got was a slap in the face.

Yeah it's a known issue to everyone except bungie http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-s-dark-below-dlc-locking-out-some-ps4-play/1100-6424064/

Yokelbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds super shitty duder

The old adage of never preorder, anything, EVER! continues to hold true.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for spamming, but I am super pissed right now! I get a 30+ hour lockout because I chose to continue supporting this game?

Thats so fucked. Its also indicative of a larger DRM problem, when an error locks you out of a game you already own, thats a major fucking problem!

Even if this expansion ends up being awesome and I want to get the next one, there is no fucking way I will pre-order ANYTHING EVER AGAIN!

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not a real thing, just tested it and the game works fine even though I bought the ''season'' pass.

Yes it is. It's related to the digital version. I haven't checked today but I was locked out all day yesterday which was pretty shitty.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's messed up, man. I got tge discounted season pass with the game pre-order, and it looks like I lucked out, since nothing ever went too wrong with that particular package, but if something like this happened to me, I eould have flipped the fuck out. Pretty douchey of them to not even acknowledge it. It's the fucking worst. They better make it up to you, man.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Loading Video...

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We are aware of the issue affecting PS4 players upon pre-ordering the DLC. We understand the frustration of being locked out of a game that you already own. Unfortunately we are not going to do anything about it, as we already have your money. Therefore we suggest that you think about the lesson we have taught you, and remember this day the next time you consider pre-ordering something in the future."

Honestly, if they posted this I would actually feel better, lol...

ZERO response on their forums, even as they continue to respond to other posts like "Where is Zur?"

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By mike

This is definitely messed up, but also another thing in the long list of reasons to stop preordering stuff.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

That sounds about right.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

This is definitely messed up, but also another thing in the long list of reasons to stop preordering stuff.

Truth.

Shame on me for thinking that it was safe to preorder something for a game that has already came out.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Haha, holy shit that's crazy

SirFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SirFork

Thats hilarious and pretty shitty all at the same time, sorry man. Have you tried contacting anyone?

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By mikey87144

I pre-ordered the DLC and I also have it digitally and it works perfectly fine for me.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfork: Yep, contacted Bungie on twitter, posted several topics on the support forums, even PM'ed a mod. Zero response.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TimmyChaw

I pre-ordered the DLC and I also have it digitally and it works perfectly fine for me.

You got the season pass then. I bought the standalone DLC.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timmychaw: Try restoring licenses or, if that doesn't work, some people said reinstaling the game fixed the issue for them

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By whitegreyblack

I wish I could just gift someone my season pass. Sorry to hear of your challenge, duder. That stinks.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Restoring licences doesnt work. And I cant delete and re-download Destiny today because of other shit that isnt relevant. But even if I could, thats 22 gigs of waiting for the most bullshit reason.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Restoring licences doesnt work. And I cant delete and re-download Destiny today because of other shit that isnt relevant. But even if I could, thats 22 gigs of waiting for the most bullshit reason.

You can't reinstall it without having to redownload it?

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this exact same thing happend to me when i pre downloaded the ultra sf4 dlc however i could only play the base super street fighter 4 none of the updates till the dlc was unlocked

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Giant_Gamer

Seriously, what is happening with Bungie?

It seems that everytime they kick a rock it turns out to shit.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkvare: I would be somewhat ok (but not really, cause fuck that, lol) if a version of that was the case here. Like being blocked from multiplayer or something... Being unable to even launch the game is infuriating. I have no way to play my game period, that seems borderline illegal to me, lol.

A 30+ hour downtime only because I chose to give them more money for new content! Its like the worst kind of irony...

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt they intended for this to happen. I can laugh cause I'm not affected but I'm sure it must suck. I guess you could say Bungie really bungled this one up. I wonder if they'll be able to bounce back after this one. They're really putting their reputation on the line.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rollingzeppelin: I dont think for a second that they intended for this, but the fact that something this major could slip through is astounding. Especially when it comes to money, this kinda shit is usually front and center. Hurting their paying customers is about as dumb a thing as they could do, but then they surpass that by going dark and providing zero response on the matter. They ABSOLUTELY know this is happening, its the top trending topics on their support forums with tons of posts, but they have remained silent.

They obviously just want to ignore it until the DLC releases and hope that nobody remembers, but by not even acknowledging the problem, they have just crapped all over the little reputation they have left.

I can laugh about it too, its completely absurd that this could happen, but fuck man... Its scary to think that our digital libraries are one error away from being taken away from us.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, that sucks. I pre-ordered the DLC a couple of nights ago and I can play just fine. Well, I logged in just to see if I might run into this problem and, nope, everything's good on my end. I hope this gets sorted out for everyone else.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks duder :( , pretty shitty if you ask me and damn Bungie each passing day it seems that you simply lucked out with Halo than having skills.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By Evilsbane

Fuck Destiny, fuck pre-ordering.

I played enough Destiny to get my 60 bucks worth, its beautiful and the gameplay is solid, to bad everything else about it sucks ass and it isn't even remotely close to the game they promised. The Multiplayer sync issues alone just blow my mind coming from a team who made some of the smoothest online shooters ever.

"Shoot my gun"

*I Die*

"Watches other player walk 6-12 feet away"

"They Die from your shot"

WHAT?!

The Xbox One version of the expansion having even less content then the sad amount they are offering for 20 bucks is even more laughable and just serves to rub salt in an already deep wound.

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kubqo

That’s fucked up, but somehow, i feel no sympathy for you. Quite the opposite actually.

Avatar image for johnsonvillebratwurst
JohnsonvilleBratwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Play something else.