I Want to Raid with YOU! Updated (10/11/2014)

• 94 results
decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By decibel

Fellow Guardians in the GB community,

Another week, another Raid table!

I'm gonna maintain the same time slots for this week. However, it seems that some time slots are not very popular and I'll probably end up removing them. I'm thinking just having two time slots to keep things simple. This will depend on how many Guardians enlist this weekend.

Thanks to everyone who participated last weekend, and hope to see you again this weekend!

PSN ID: KSAdecibel

THE RAID TABLE Ver 2.0

Please read instructions below the table

You can use http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ to convert the schedule below to your local time

DayTime (GMT/PST)RaidersReserveNotes
Friday (14/11/2014)1:00AM(Sat) / 6:00PM
Saturday (15/11/2014)9:00AM / 2:00AM
Saturday (15/11/2014)5:00PM / 10:00AM
  1. Wake_as_gun/multiple/28
  2. KSAdecibel/multiple/29-28
Sunday (16/11/2014)2:00AM(Mon) / 6:00PM
Sunday (16/11/2014)5:00PM / 10:00AM

I'm keeping this schedule during the weekend because that seems to be the most popular time when people are available to Raid.

For now this is going to be exclusive to people playing on PS4. However, if it catches on and I find myself able to manage it, I'll open it to Xbox one.

Lets set some rules and guide you through the process of enlisting

Some Rules

• Don't be an asshole. Seriously. In some cases you're going to play with people who never did the Raid and they're probably going to die A LOT! Have some patience, be supportive and enjoy the ride.
  • Don't let your ego get the better of you. Experienced players have different strategies tackling the Raid. Hear them out, and if you don't like it, tell them why in a mature manner.
  • I personally started this thread because I didn't want to glitch the Raid. Although the Raid has been patched, players will definitely find new ways to cheese/glitch. I'm not going to tell you not to do it, but before you go into the Raid you might want to let your team know whether you intend to glitch or not.
  • Try to get a mic, please. The Raid is a team coordinated effort and everybody needs to be able to call out certain events that happen.

How to enlist

Thanks to @greedzen for the inspiration, please reply to the thread with the following:

PSN ID

Level/Class

Experience Level (Never done the raid/Watched a couple of videos/Done it a million times/etc)

Preferred time slot/Date (please select one of the listed time slots. If you say "I am free all weekend" I'll place you in a random spot!)

Secondary Time slot (You'll be placed in reserve)

Perferred raid level (Hard/Normal)

Notes (I don't have a mic/ I like to lead the team/ etc)

That is it! I'll take it from there and try to manage it as best as I could. If you enlist, please keep a close eye on this thread and PMs to be informed of any changes and to confirm your availability.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome, obviously.

Avatar image for somethingsaurus
Somethingsaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd quite like to have a regular raid group. That way I can complete it at least once a week... hopefully. Being the ultimate nerd I have have three characters of raid-level; Warlock (29), Titan (28), and Hunter (28). I'm in the UK so I'm on GMT, I can play after 20:00 on weekdays (though sometimes earlier), and any time on the weekend.

PSN: Somethingsaurus

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

I've never done the raid, but always wanted to try it out. I'm a level 27 Warlock.

PSN: Tearhead

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for altf4_for_colors
ALTF4_FOR_COLORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ALTF4_FOR_COLORS

@decibel: Level 28 Warlock who hasn't tried the raid yet and is ready to give it a go.

Only thing is I'm on -6 GMT. If you're looking to start up this week I'm off for three days starting Tuesday.

PSN is Wake_as_Gun.

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@altf4_for_colors: Don't fret about time, Guardian, or you'll be forever lost in its corners. I will add you.

britxmenyuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lv 28 hunter, gunslinger, will reach 29 in the next few days, never even touch the raid once.

Pacific time, I don't have a mic right now in my new place but u guys can just tell me what to do...

PSN: dotnini...

Avatar image for thecatswhiskers
thecatswhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@decibel: I'm GMT+4, but only level 27 titan at the mo. Still, always good to find 'local' duders. PSN ID IG88AD

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatswhiskers: Always pleasantly surprised to meet people in the GB community from my region!

TomteTummetott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TomteTummetott

Lvl 27 warlock, seen brad do the raid, so we should be fine :) UderosaUS

britxmenyuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibel: We should also work out a time so we can raid together...

Avatar image for omniscientcajun
omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

29 Warlock here, unfortunately -5 GMT. Slowly working on a Titan alt. My schedule allows me to be around during most days. Would love to run raids with the duders. I've run the normal raid a few times. After initially finding myself blessed with the spoils of the raid, each subsequent run has yielded less and less to get excited about. I pushed up to hard this past week, but the team I was running with couldn't get past the guardians phase inside the vault. I do love running the normal raid though.

PSN: OmniscientCajun

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

meptron_zero on PSN. Anyone feel free to add me if you want to raid, or whatever. I'm a lvl 28 hunter.

Mountain Time (-6 GMT)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

After just having done the raid this weekend, you don't want to do the raid. Unless you've loved everything else up to this point, then you will probably love the raid.

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@britxmenyuan: When I get home today I'm gonna create a message group on PSN and we can work out a time from there.

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Didn't we do the raid together? @somethingsaurus was there as well.

I really enjoyed doing the raid without glitching or cheesing it. Team work is so satisfying.

I look forward to doing it on a harder difficulty once I get my warlock to level 30.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I usually have a full team together of just duders I've met through destinylfg, but if I have an open spot after the refresh in an hour or so (and likely during this weekend if that's better), I'd be more than happy to invite a fellow GB duder.

I roll with @bmeason who's also in the Lincoln Force GB clan.

psn: vnel (lvl30 Titan)

@decibel: You can do the raid on hard at 29 no problems (well, assuming you have one or two 30s along just for the toughest parts but its not a requirement)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibel: Yah but I thought large parts of the raid were horrible. In theory that Atheon fight is really cool but in practice it's a nightmare. Almost zero margin for error with constantly bugging out game elements. Oh oops the portal didn't work correctly. Oh oops the shield went down. Oh oops the relic disappeared. Oh oops only 2 people got teleported. Oh oops the shield suddenly stopped shielding us from Atheon.. so on and so forth. I thought it was a lot more fun the second time around when we did what we were supposed to do and on the third or fourth try nothing bugged out so we did it - but the initial raid that took like 6 hours because we kept encountering weird bugs and issues was quite honestly exasperating. I had fun at first but after the third hour of banging our head against a wall of chance it was terrible.

Not to mention that for all that trouble all I got was one yellow gun. Like not even one piece of raid gear which I thought was the whole point of doing "the raid."

Then again with time I've gotten increasingly more tired of Destiny so I'm obviously a very specific end of a spectrum - I know a ton of people have a lot of fun despite all the issues that I have with it personally. I wouldn't be opposed to doing it again with a well seasoned group like last time where all the members know exactly what to do.

The perfect setup in my opinion would be 2 hunters and titan for the away team. The titan holds the relic and the hunters use their golden guns to shoot down the oracles in one hit. The titan has good armor so they can deal with clearing the enemies. For the home team I was thinking you would have 2 titans that would do the ground pound special to clear the portal area of those exploding harpies before the away team returns. Also 1 Warlock mixed in just for funsies.

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By decibel

@humanity: Ya it was annoying when we ran into bugs that caused us to wipe out, but overall experience was great for me. I do like how the raid has to be a team coordinated effort in order to beat it, which is why I have no qualms with the zero margin of error design choice. Like you said, it depends on where you are on the spectrum of tolerance for this game and its mechanics.

This might sound weird, but I got used to the loot drop rate and system in this game and even appreciate it a little. Should it be that easy to get all the raid weapons, armor and exotics by guaranteeing you'll get gear every time you defeat Atheon? However, I do agree that defeating him should yield more than just 2 shards and Chatterwhite for the umpteenth time. Atleast give me a crazy amount of shards and energy to upgrade.

@selfconfessedcynic hmmmm I'll give it a shot if I find a group of level 30's raiding. I tried LFG and gave up on it since everyone wants to "Cheese" or cheat their way through the raid.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibel: At least on your first run you should always be guaranteed a piece of raid gear. The whole point of doing this raid apart from the satisfaction of having conquered another part of the game of course, is the acquisition of unique loot which can only be obtained through the raid that will let you level up to 30. Considering that theoretically you need boots, arms, torso, helmet and you can only get rewards for the raid once a week - that is already a months worth of "work" to get the whole set. It's really shitty that after my first super long raiding experience I was rewarded with a rifle that you can get through any random drop in the world - there is nothing unique about it in relation to the thing I had just completed. In a way that makes the whole raid pointless for me personally - I did not get any experience for my rifle despite killing hundreds of enemies for hours on end, I didn't get any loot that will help me get to a higher level, I didn't get any unique items that I could show off to other players so they know I completed this super hard thing (apart form the shader) so .. what did I accomplish? I killed another NPC boss in the game I guess.. there is a trophy.. In my opinion that is really terrible game design.

Destiny relies too heavy on the grind and too little on the rewards and thats because they simply didn't make enough of the rewards. I'm hesitant to use the description "train wreck" but very often thats exactly what this game feels like. The stick and carrot mentality works great in most loot driven games but here, way too often when you get to your destination after an arduous trek the carrot is simply not there and you set out on an identical journey, worse for the wear, hoping that this time around there will be something at the end - and more often than not, there won't be.

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: You're right. You make a great point about the small quantity of unique loot, the reward scheme and how it is designed to artificially stretch your time with the game over several weeks.

I feel the game might be a perfect example of being able to see the disparity between what the game designer wanted and what the "suits" wanted.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, looks like we're not raiding tonight. Firmware 2.0 trashed PSN for most of us :(

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibel: I realize I'm a huge downer when I talk about Destiny. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have made it to the raid if I didn't enjoy parts of the game. I think some things it does really well but the things it does wrong, it does so incredibly wrong that they tend to stand out a lot more. I guess I'm mostly frustrated because I can see this being an amazing game. If they had spent one more year purely on content creation and developing systems it would have greatly helped the end product.

micahchiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By micahchiles

Hey y'all looking for a raid group for PS4. 27 hunter. Need 4 more can play evening Wednesday east coast us. Is there a group already going? Psn: simie_unc

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tearhead

@decibel Since time zones are all over the place, do you guys want to have a kind of understood default meet up every Saturday/Sunday morning around, let's say, 8:00 a.m. PST? I mean, people can still post here to try to coordinate for other times during the week, but instead of having to wonder when a bunch of like minded people are able to raid, we can set up a known time every week that works for the majority of duders.

HalftoneShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

27 Warlock w/ mic LFG! Never tried VoG but have a general idea of what to equip / purchase pre-run. Available on most weeknight evenings around 6:30-7 + Sundays. I also have a buddy who will be leveled in the coming weeks that is a Hunter.

PSN: HalftoneShow

North America EST

britxmenyuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By britxmenyuan

@humanity: However the loot in the raid is completely random, you can get raid gears without even complete the raid cuz they can sometimes be found in chests. I got a glove in the chest and only got a bike upon finishing Atheon on hard...

CARTER_8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Duders,

PS4 Level 28 Hunter, haven't done the Raid yet but really want to.

PSN: Full_Control88

I'm at -5 GMT and on almost every night.

Feel free to add me

GreedZen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GreedZen

Please read everything before quoting.

We can try to organise Raid Parties like this.
Quote and add your ID.
State the day/s & time/s (GMT only) you can raid next to your ID. nb Expect it to take 1-5hrs depending on the Fireteam's raid experience level.

Platform: PS4
Difficulty: Normal
Level: 27 or higher
Experience: None required
Rules: Be nice. Fully charge your controllers and headsets if necessary.

nb Microphone is a must. Fully leveled rare or better weapons is a must. Void damage primary or secondary weapons are recommended. 5 of each ammo synthesis (buy from the gun smith in the Tower) is recommended especially for first timers.

1: GreedZen and Malloc-X (I run 2 accounts) Any day of the week, at any time unless something random pops up.
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Add your name to the list below if 1-6 is full.

Reserves:

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greedzen: this is really good and it gave me an idea. I'm gonna update the original post with a schedule with better instruction to organize this better. Thanks dude.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Humanity

@britxmenyuan: My friend got the same yellow scout rifle (multi tool) drop while randomly doing patrol, that I got for doing the Raid. Go figure.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tearhead

@decibel: Awesome work on the schedule, man.

PSN: Tearhead

Lv 27 Warlock

Never done raid before

Saturday 2:00 a.m PST

Normal

Have mic

Avatar image for somethingsaurus
Somethingsaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSN ID Somethingsaurus

Level/Class 29 Warlock, 29 Hunter, and 28 Titan.

Experience Level Have done the whole Raid three times, and have beaten Atheon without cheesing him, to boot!

Preferred time slot/Date I can do Saturday 5pm, Sunday 5pm this week and beyond, hopefully.

Perferred raid level (Hard/Normal) I don't think I'm quite ready for hard mode just yet, I want to hit 30 before trying that. But I do really want Fatebringer... so if anyone is willing to try with a slightly under levelled chap, I won't say no.

Notes I much prefer party chat. As I use a headset, the game and chat audio merge together, and it can be quite difficult to hear people with quieter mics over the game audio. Some people are so quiet that even being in a party, with the swing in full favour of the party, doesn't help much -- so I may ask some people to turn their mics up, if they know how to get to that semi-buried setting, far away from the other headset settings. Oh, Sony....

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tearhead: Thanks bud. Added you to the schedule.

@somethingsaurus: Done. Added you as reserve for the Sunday session just incase a group of six end up being scheduled for that day.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibel: Hey, can you also add me to the reserve spot at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, just in case not enough people show up for the 2:00 a.m session?

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkestZam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DarkestZam

PSN ID DarkestZam

Level/Class Titan 28

Experience Level Never done the raid but I have seen some of it

Preferred time slot/Date Friday 1:00 AM GMT and both times on sunday (I think)

Perferred raid level Normal

Notes I'm from Sweden and I have a mic

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

This is great! Thanks for doing this.

PSN ID: LiquidSaiyan3

Level/Class: 28/Warlock

Experience Level: Ran the raid once, but was carried through a glitch run without much explanation

Preferred time slot/Date: Saturday/Sunday 5:00PM GMT / 10:00AM PST

Perferred raid level (Hard/Normal) Normal (for now)

Notes I have a mic

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for altf4_for_colors
ALTF4_FOR_COLORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ALTF4_FOR_COLORS

PSN ID: Wake_as_Gun

Level/Class: 28 Warlock, 27 Titan

Experience Level: Ran it with a group after the patch on Tuesday that cheesed the Templar and fell apart on Atheon.

Preferred time slot/Date: Unfortunately my schedule varies from week to week with new ones being posted on Fridays. I am off this Sunday

Perferred raid level: Normal

Notes: I live in US Central Time -6 GMT and have a mic.

Deep-_-Thought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Deep-_-Thought

PS ID: SublminalMessage

Level/Class: Two 30 Hunters, 29 Warlock.

Experience level: I've cleared it four times now out of ~20 runs between my two characters. The hard part has always been just finding a group to run with twice every week.

Preferred time slot/Date: I'm also in US Central time, -5GMT. I'm open to just about anytime slot after 4pm CST weekdays and weekends anytime is fine, if there's a vacancy/need. I try to get at least one normal run in every week for both characters, so if I'm on and you need me, I can probably help out.

Preferredraid level: I've done hard all the way to the Gatekeepers and preceded to get my soul crushed, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying it again. Normal is perfectly fine though and much less stressful.

Notes: Have mic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b911d3722cb7
deactivated-5b911d3722cb7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSN ID: houseofleaves13

Level/Class: 27/Hunter

Experience Level: New to raid, watched run on GB but didn't retain much of it

Preferred time slot/Date: Friday (10/31/14) 1:00am (Sat) GMT, Saturday (11/01/14) 9:00am GMT

Perferred raid level (Hard/Normal) Normal

Notes Have a mic somewhere, should be able to find it by tomorrow evening. Live on East Coast, so -4 GMT I think

Ronald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

PSN ID: ronaldb

Level/Class: 28/Warlock

Experience: New to raid. Have watched it run by a friend and watched it run by Brad.

Preferred time slot/Date: Friday 10/31 1 AM GMT would be great, run the raid right after Unprofessional Fridays ends. I could also run the Saturday 5 PM GMT.

Preferred raid level: Normal

Notes: Have a microphone that I use fairly often so I know it works.

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ronald: alright, I put you on a weekend time slot. Let me know if you can join

@catmeat: Done

@variable_: Done

@altf4_for_colors: Done

Its seems that we have a successfully assembled team for Saturday!

Alright, lets get those other spots filled!

decibel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By decibel

@catmeat: I can't find your ID on PSN! are you sure its correct?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b911d3722cb7
deactivated-5b911d3722cb7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decibel: yes, houseofleaves13 is correct, I just double checked on my PSN account. Also, thank you for adding me.

mikelikethis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSN: MikeLikeThis

Level 29 Titan Defender

Ran the raid once up to Atheon but didn't finish.

I'm usually on Monday-Friday 7:00pm to midnight PST.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By Strife777

PSN: Strife777 on PS4

Lvl 29 Hunter

Never got to finish the raid, but I've done different parts of it different amounts of time.

I don't have a schedule and I rarely can use my mic when I play (people sleeping), but I follow well and am down for whatever/whenever, just invite if you need. Just add me....please?