TurkBurgBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TurkBurgBro

Hey everyone,

I'm currently level 11 and would like to find some people to play with. Most of the people on my friend's list are end game so there aren't many options. I'm not super serious. More enjoying the running around shooting crap and seeing my character (slightly) change with loot. I'm not looking to grind forever to get to end game.

Other than video games, I enjoy beer and football/soccer

PS4: Speakerspushair

Timezone: PST

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I only have a level 27 Titan and a level 6 Hunter. I'm either overpowered or underpowered, otherwise I would like to join up. I'm not playing the Hunter that much, so I doubt I'll be in your range anytime soon.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turkburgbro: I'm level 12 now. What's yours? We might be able to team up soon if you want.

TurkBurgBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: I hit level 18 last night. I'd be interested in grouping up.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By azrailx

the game only really starts at 20!!!

no after you get decent light level gear!!!

no after your first exotic!!!

no actually after you beat the raid and realize you need 3 pieces of super light gear, yes this is when teh game starts!

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrailx: Eh, it's not excusable by any means, but it does really start to get awesome post Level 20. Doing the Raid itself, without considering the rewards, was amazing. Easily the best multiplayer experience I've had ever.

Avatar image for thecatswhiskers
thecatswhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@zevvion said:

@azrailx: Eh, it's not excusable by any means, but it does really start to get awesome post Level 20. Doing the Raid itself, without considering the rewards, was amazing. Easily the best multiplayer experience I've had ever.

It's really that good?!? I'm playing on xbox1, just hit level 27 and starting to think about trying the raid. Did you play with Lincoln Force duders, or other friends or what? Was everybody using mics? How long did it take?

Last few days I heard more and more people saying the raid is way better than anything else in the game, so really looking forward to giving it a go.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecatswhiskers: Yes, it was really that good, because we went in pretty much blind. Had no idea what we were supposed to be doing. I never did a Raid before in any game, so maybe you already understand what it is, but it's not like a Strike at all. It's challenge comes from figuring out what to do. It is very much a puzzle. A heavy action puzzle that is. Especially the last boss is amazing once you figure out what to do. You actually have to make a plan. Who stands where when, what do you have to call out, when are you going to fire, when are you going to retreat etc. And I'm not talking vaguely, but very clearly: you have to do this exact thing now and if you don't we are all screwed.

I completely understand they don't have matchmaking for that stuff, because it would be infuriating if one person was not playing along exactly according to plan. But, when everything goes according to plan (finally) the pay off is the greatest I've had in a co-op experience ever.

I did play with Lincoln Force guys and yeah everyone was using a mic. That is absolutely essential. If you cannot call out things you notice are going wrong or particulars about a boss you'll go insane. It took us roughly 12 hours I'd say. We are going to do it again with the same group and I'm fairly confident we'll be able to do it in 2-3 hours this time. That's how much of a puzzle it is to solve.

Avatar image for thecatswhiskers
thecatswhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@zevvion: Ok, you got me convinced!! I've never done a raid either. Got the apartment to myself next weekend, so a long session with mics won't be a problem, hopefully with a Lincoln Force group too.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zevvion

@thecatswhiskers: You should try to team up with guys that also never did the Raid. Figuring it out together is a big part of why I found it so enjoyable I think.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the raid is fucking great but...

... its a huge pain to find 5 other people that are fun to play with, and the surprise is only there once.

That said i still enjoy destiny quite a bit and will keep playing it