Over leveled

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So I was wondering how many of you played the game like I did and over leveled for the story content. Currently I'm level 20 with my first piece of Light infused armor but I haven't even been on Mars yet. In fact I've only done one story mission on Venus.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I did the same thing. And I regretted not playing the story missions on the level 20 jump up. Because I didn't get any gear drops for the rest of the story that I could use. Because they are leveled to the difficulty level you play at.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By meteora3255

@mikey87144: I did the same thing. I played every mission and strike and put in some time in multiplayer and I have basically been playing everything on Heroic mode since Venus.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would say play the story missions on hard. That's what I ended up doing...

jerkchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jerkchicken

Yes, I'm terrible and playing solo, so I find the difficulty level of the story missions is just right if I out level the story missions by two levels.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bigsocrates  Online

I had a weird experience where someone invited me to a fireteam, I said yes, and we did a bunch of levels out of order, when I was way underleveled, followed by my going back and doing previous missions where I was now overleveled. Between the two overleveled is definitely better. For one you can bump up the difficulty, but even if you don't it's better for the game to be a little bit boring and short when you're mowing everything down than to be underleveled when you can be unloading right into the 'precision spot' of an enemy and hardly making a dent.

Don't do strikes underleveled. That's my advice.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By winsord

I was underleveled on the Moon and the overleveled on both Venus and Mars. I didn't have any trouble with the Moon, and for the last two planets I just turned the difficulty up to Hard. It's probably best to play all of the levels either parody with the Normal level recommendations or slightly below, solely so that the loot you get is more meaningful. Being overleveled, even on Hard, didn't make the rest of the game feel like a slog though, so it really doesn't matter either way. You never really get to a point where you're one-shotting everything with your primary weapon, and it's still easy enough to die if you get careless. I'd say just play through the rest of the story stuff now and get it out of the way, it won't take very long. If you're not finding it fun though, don't sweat it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm slightly over-leveled and I kind of want to slow down. I'm tearing through everything without effort. Which is fun... but getting useful loot is part of the fun as well. I'm saving my engrams for lvl 20, so I don't even have those to cash in for loot. I'm currently level 16 about to do the last mission on Venus and I'm not even getting my health ever in the red. I could try to bump the difficulty up or be more aggressive in fights. I want it somewhere between 1-shotting dudes and bullet sponge dudes.

I did the Earth strike at level 14 with a few level 12's and we breezed through it. Haven't tried any others.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

So I was wondering how many of you played the game like I did and over leveled for the story content. Currently I'm level 20 with my first piece of Light infused armor but I haven't even been on Mars yet. In fact I've only done one story mission on Venus.

I just hit light level 21 and I haven't gone to Venus at all. I think I like it better this way. The story is pretty blah, so I'd much rather breeze through than get stuck on some section or whatever. Especially since I'm playing it all solo.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was in the same boat. Was 20 before even finishing Venus.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By spraynardtatum

Don't worry, the real game starts when you hit level...pffffffft.....sorry I can't do it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

level 25 haven't finished the story, but you unlock harder versions of the story stuff when he get to a certain level.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a few levels above the normal difficulty for most of the game (so I ended up playing several on heroic), but I definitely tried to clear the story before spending too much time grinding. It's definitely better to have access to all the planets and missions as soon as possible for bounty purposes. You also need access to planet resources to upgrade end game weapons.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It says what level you should be for each mission so over-leveling shouldn't be happening.

I wish it was customizable. I wish ever mission was playable at any level of difficulty I want to play it at.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: Well it kind of is, but I'm pretty sure you only get one option until you're like level 20. Then every mission has like 4 extra heroic difficulties.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@spraynardtatum: Well it kind of is, but I'm pretty sure you only get one option until you're like level 20. Then every mission has like 4 extra heroic difficulties.

Oh, nice.