Should I continue to play destiny

Avatar image for ronniecolemanmro
RonnieColeManMrO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm wondering if I should continue playing destiny. I'm a level 20 only after many months because I'm in school and don't have time right now and won't till spring. I'm just thinking if there will be any players left wanting to do vog or crota at that time.

xPolyMorphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overpriced DLC, lack of content and severely disappointing PVP killed the game for me. I got to level 29 before I realized what I was doing was insane and quit, and I only have myself to blame.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask yourself this question, "Am I having fun?". If yes, then continue merely on your way to level 32. If no, then stop and do something else.

You're welcome.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No!

Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes absolutely there are rumors of the reef area being opened up in the next DLC and it might be really good and everybody will be a higher level than you and you'll be the laughingstock of the entire Destiny community go play it right now!!!!!!!

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Find some friends/people who can join you do all the grind (bounties, daily missions, weekly strikes, weekly nightfalls) to get better gear. From what I've learned in playing Destiny for about a month now, you'll enjoy the game more playing with other people than doing the grind by yourself.

dizzylemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, or no. Yup, that's the answer. If you're enjoying it then why do you require the validation of your peers? If you're questioning your own experiences, or need validation from other people, then no, no you probably should not keep playing Destiny.

Destiny's worst fault is that it's not a great game, it's disappointing but that's not always a bad thing. People play a lot of games that are not perfect or have flaws but are just good, if not especially amazing. People just happen to enjoy the game play, the style, the setting or whatever, and that's really just fine. If you're enjoying the game play, style or just happen like the world and see enough hooks to keep you going while you don't regret your time played, then great, you've found a game that works for you! Maybe try Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Anime inspired Visual Novels, Zombie Survival Games, Crack Cocaine, Hunkadunk, Mario Party or any of the other games that have a repetitive hook and a large and active player base? Everyone has their niche and maybe Destiny is yours?

There will always be people playing, it is not a wildly successful MMO with millions of logins per day, but so what? There's an active player base and if you know people that are playing then all the better, if not the people playing should welcome new allies. People still play the Lord of the Rings MMO and that's now a free to play cash shop driven grind fest and came out in 2007 trying to compete with World of Warcraft. (full disclosure, I love that game).

If all else fails you've randomly inspired some dude on the internet to defend Destiny as a game you should play, even though this random dude hasn't really played it... he also doesn't care about Destiny. But why should that stop you? Go forth and enjoy... maybe?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you have to ask, then probably not.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

Just kill people in the PvP if you have to, or maybe do some raids if you already have Destiny, but don't buy expansion packs!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I still play daily if I get a chance. Another one of my friends just bought it and I've been helping him through. We now have a consistent 3 man team, and working on three more new members. It's fun, even if there needs to be more content by now.