There needs to be WAY more of a stink over the pricing!!

• 80 results
Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Honestly, what the hell?! I've got the 'vanilla' version of Destiny and hung onto it as I really liked playing it in small chunks, but now TTK is out I want to get that, as it finally seems worth it.

I never bought the older DLC add-ons because they were clearly overpriced and meaningless, but now I discover you HAVE TO HAVE THEM to buy TTK.

So in the UK, Taken King is £40, and the two DLCs are £20 each. There's NO way to get just Taken King, because it doesn't even activate without 2014's add-ons present, and TTK's price doesn't include the other two, so you have to get them separately.

That's ANOTHER £80 on top of the £60 I paid last year, just for the game we were all promised and advertised in the first place. How in the HELL is this not labelled as The Most Disgusting Thing Ever?!

... or is there something I'm missing?

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cerberus3dog

I don't think you're missing anything. The US store shows Taken King for $40 and each of the addons for $20. What I'm seeing on the US store right now is Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition for $60 which includes:

Destiny base game, expansion 1 (The Dark Below), expansion 2 (House of Wolves), and The Taken King

So you could save £20 and buy the whole game again! Now you are spending only £60 instead of £80!

delorean99947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The legendary edition has every DLC for $60 (also £60 I'm assuming). Like usual, the early adopters pay more and don't get the best experience unlike the late adopters who get the best experience for a cheaper price. I agree it sucks but I don't feel too bad about paying for all of it day one since I have gotten a lot of play time out of it all. That may be why no one is complaining about it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you're talking about 10 years of Destiny you need to spend at least $60 a year on it or it just wouldn't have the same meaning.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't you buy the disk which contains the full game, both DLCs and the expansion for £40?

Still pretty ridiculous but it's cheaper.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how MMOs work.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's a game for crazy people anyway...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zeik

I thought all the DLC was overpriced, so I never bought any of it. While it is kinda shitty that you are forced to buy all the previous DLC (one way or another) to even play The Taken King, the fact that they released the Legendary edition with all the DLC packed together for a semi-reasonable price makes me feel slightly less upset about it. If I actually had to pay full price for all the previous DLC and the Taken King I would not even bother, but as it is it is just barely over the line of acceptable. Especially considering as a retail product it is bound to drop in price over the next few months.

I don't like how they've handled their DLC, but I'm not any more upset about this than I was before.

If I were to make a stink it would probably be more about how they decided to implement The Taken King by screwing over anyone who can't buy it right away.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause what are we without endless complaining?

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Cause what are we without endless complaining?

Paying 200 pounds for a 45minute long movie tie in game.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Devil240Z

@shalashaskauk666: This is pretty much what I discovered after the topic I made last night. I own the vanilla version and wanted to get TTK and take another crack at playing this game. I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to any one game really so doing raids is out of the question. So I wanted to check out the new story stuff they did for TTK. But then I find that I must also buy the first two DLC before I can even think about getting TTK. So $60 for the full game again plus DLC or $75 for just the DLC are my only options. I didn't even really want to spend the $40 that TTK is supposed to cost but I was willing to go for it. Now Destiny is kind of dead to me unless there is a huge sale on the DLC. I'm done.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By cornbredx

If it helps I never plan to buy Destiny in the first place.

That won't actually help because it's already making billions of dollars. There's nothing more I can do.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it helps I never plan to buy Destiny in the first place.

That won't actually help because it's already making billions of dollars. There's nothing more I can do.

If I had a time machine I would go back in time to right before Destiny came out. Steal past me's credit card and max it out on other shit so he couldn't afford to get Destiny.

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to any one game really so doing raids is out of the question. So I wanted to check out the new story stuff they did for TTK.

There's no nice way of saying this, so I'll just be out with it - Destiny is not for you. And that's perfectly okay.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sravankb said:
@devil240z said:

I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to any one game really so doing raids is out of the question. So I wanted to check out the new story stuff they did for TTK.

There's no nice way of saying this, so I'll just be out with it - Destiny is not for you. And that's perfectly okay.

Its not even that its more Ive been waiting for match making to make its way to raids. Anyway you've made a BS excuse and there is plenty of single player content in destiny but the way its being packaged and sold is crap.

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sravankb

@devil240z said:
@sravankb said:
@devil240z said:

Its not even that its more Ive been waiting for match making to make its way to raids. Anyway you've made a BS excuse and there is plenty of single player content in destiny but the way its being packaged and sold is crap.

It's an online only game. It's been obvious from the beginning that the online portion is most important. If you're buying a game like this for the single player content only, then it's clear that it isn't for you. At least, considering how it's priced at the moment. It's like buying a pizza just for the bread.

Also, even though the story is better (a bit) this time around, people have never and will never play Destiny for the story. If the gameplay didn't wow you the first time around, you're not going to like it this time.

Again - I'm not trying to be rude here, but considering what you're looking for in a game and how much you're willing to spend on it, Destiny isn't for you. If all of its single-player content was sold separately for around $20 (without any online functionality), then I'd definitely recommend you check it out. As it is now, you're not going to like it.

Regarding raids - yes, there needs to be matchmaking, and it's Bungie's fault that there isn't any, but using an LFG site takes almost no effort. Yes, Bungie should include this in their game, but using an external resource that takes no effort shouldn't be a barrier for the player.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OurSin_360

It's activision, they have their new "COD" crowd they don't give a shit about the rest of us as long as they keep paying for overpriced shit.

I thought about getting TTK even thought about the bundle with the other 2 (if the price dropped) but the fact that you HAVE to have dlc to play the game now makes me never want to jump back in again at all now. Maybe i'll change my mind when it's dropped in price, but it's activision so it probably won't until it's not even worth buying

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By THE_RUCKUS

A lot of destiny players use the its MMO expansion argument to justify this bull shit.But when you compare it too let say WoW or Guild Wars expansions the taken king is not even a quarter of the amount of new content, story, classes or even dungeons.

£40 in UK when its $40 in US is stupid and greedy another fuck you by Activision to Europe.

but oh well most of the decent people at Bungie have left so maybe they end up making something cool in the future, while Activision consumes what is left of Bungie and parades the corpse around to boost sale figures.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is how MMOs work.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but Destiny is hardly an MMO. It's a multi-player shooter with a loot system. There's nothing massive about it. Everything outside of the tower is heavily instanced so you never see a bunch of players just running around doing stuff. Planetside 2 is an MMO shooter, Destiny isn't even close to that in terms of player count. Even if it were an MMO, I don't have to go buy every WOW expansion they've put out to play the new expansion, I just have to buy whatever the most current expansion is and it includes all of the other stuff. I get that the Legendary Edition offers that, but only if you're willing to pay full retail price instead of the expansion price.

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By boatorious

@the_ruckus said:

A lot of destiny players use the its MMO expansion argument to justify this bull shit.But when you compare it too let say WoW or Guild Wars expansions the taken king is not even a quarter of the amount of new content, story, classes or even dungeons.

In WoW's case you are paying 50 bucks for the game, 50 bucks for each expansion, AND a hundred and forty bucks a year in subscription money. By the time The Burning Crusade came out I had spent over three hundred dollars on WoW (and then paid forty or fifty for the expansion).

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By THE_RUCKUS

@boatorious: Guild wars is probably the better example with no monthly fee and the DLC I beleive was cheaper then TTK. I just can't remember what GW expansion were priced at the time of release.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The only destiny pricing I'm uncomfortable with is the $20 for those shaders and some items. The Taken King stuff is totally fine and having to own the other DLC isn't that big a deal at all, especially when level increases were tied to them

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, what the hell?! Quit bitching about the price. Don't like it don't buy it. I'm worn down about people not being happy about game prices, companies set the price, done deal. If you made the game you'd price it what you wanted.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sravankb said:
@devil240z said:
@sravankb said:
@devil240z said:

It's an online only game. It's been obvious from the beginning that the online portion is most important. If you're buying a game like this for the single player content only, then it's clear that it isn't for you. At least, considering how it's priced at the moment. It's like buying a pizza just for the bread.

Also, even though the story is better (a bit) this time around, people have never and will never play Destiny for the story. If the gameplay didn't wow you the first time around, you're not going to like it this time.

Again - I'm not trying to be rude here, but considering what you're looking for in a game and how much you're willing to spend on it, Destiny isn't for you. If all of its single-player content was sold separately for around $20 (without any online functionality), then I'd definitely recommend you check it out. As it is now, you're not going to like it.

Regarding raids - yes, there needs to be matchmaking, and it's Bungie's fault that there isn't any, but using an LFG site takes almost no effort. Yes, Bungie should include this in their game, but using an external resource that takes no effort shouldn't be a barrier for the player.

There's a difference between playing Destiny completely solo and simply not doing raids/non-matchmade content. There is plenty of multi-player content outside of raids. When I picked up Destiny at launch I had a perfectly good time playing the game without ever touching a raid. If their DLC hadn't been so grossly mishandled I would have continued playing without ever touching the raids.

If you're really arguing that if you don't want to do raids then you shouldn't play Destiny then that's just completely ridiculous. You really have no right to tell people why they should play or enjoy a particular game.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean...they thought they could set this price and be fine, and based on the numbers of people who picked up TTK, they were right. (myself included)

I'd make the point that it's an online connected game one step short of an MMO, so of course you'd need the previous content to play the new stuff, but that doesn't even matter. The bigger, important point is: vote with your money. If you don't like it, don't buy it, but don't be surprised if other's buy it. There are many other good games out there right now to play if you don't find TTK's price system fair for your preferences.

Also, if you only played Vanilla destiny and didn't feel the need to get the other two DLCs, TTK won't do much for you. It's nicer and more refined, but it's the same core system and storytelling, just with more Nathan Fillion cracking wise. Also, where you could say The Dark Below was somewhat lacking, House of Wolves was a fantastic DLC/expansion/whatever you want to call them, and paved the groundwork for the system restructure that happened in TTK. So your meaningless statement is more or less wrong.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron said:
@hunkulese said:

This is how MMOs work.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but Destiny is hardly an MMO. It's a multi-player shooter with a loot system. There's nothing massive about it. Everything outside of the tower is heavily instanced so you never see a bunch of players just running around doing stuff. Planetside 2 is an MMO shooter, Destiny isn't even close to that in terms of player count. Even if it were an MMO, I don't have to go buy every WOW expansion they've put out to play the new expansion, I just have to buy whatever the most current expansion is and it includes all of the other stuff. I get that the Legendary Edition offers that, but only if you're willing to pay full retail price instead of the expansion price.

Even assuming Destiny was considered an MMO, this is not how they work. Having to fork out for the two Year One DLC's and then pay full price for TTK would be like having to pay $20 for the 6.1 content patch, 6.2 content patch, 6.3 content patch, etc., and then paying full retail game price for the next full expansion for WoW. Alternatively, if you look at the Buy to Play MMO payment model (like with Guild Wars 2), you'll see that even then, all major content patches leading up to the Heart of Thorns expansion were free, adding new zones, new quests, new dungeons, etc.

That said, with Destiny, they have a "deal" for all but one of their potential buyers. If you are a hardcore Destiny player, you bought all the DLC and preordered TTK, you got it for $40. Alternatively, if you are a new player to Destiny, and want to jump right in with your hardcore friend, you pay $60 and get the full game, all DLC, and the current expansion, along with a one-time level boost to get you right there with your buddy. However, for those of us who bought into the Destiny dream from the beginning, saw it for the unfinished mess that it was, and backed out until more content was there to justify the game, we're stuck with essentially rebuying the entire game again if we want access to this newer content. If we bought both DLC packs, then TTK, we'd be looking at spending $80. So instead, Activision gives us a "deal" with this Legendary pack, forcing us to rebuy a copy of the original game to get a "discounted" price on the whole bundle. So basically, they're just saying that our first $60 was what, our Year One closed beta entry fee? That by not dropping the dough on the expansion packs that added very little to the overall game, our commitment wasn't high enough to matter.

I came back to Destiny after the update went live and I liked what I saw. The game was fun to play, and with the new quest stuff, I could actually follow what the hell was going on. It got me excited for where that game might go in the future. But for now, I'll just continue to watch from the outside, because like hell am I going to spend $120 to finally play what should have been the 1.0 version of Destiny.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to figure out how to get Taken King without buying vanilla over again. The upgrade option only seems to be for digital version. I'm not on board for $60. $40 and I'm down. I'm sure it'll go on sale eventually (which means I can sell my disc for a couple bucks?)

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's even more nuts when you consider how people who don't own the taken king have now been frozen out of stuff in the main game. I need to search it out but there is a pretty extensive list someone put together ok reddit of how it kills off stuff and renders vanilla destiny kind of useless.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't buy it.

I bought destiny and thought it was a good game lacking in some areas and not nearly what they claimed it to be. I enjoyed it and played for hours. When the DLC came out I saw that they were only a small amount of content and of o interest to me so I DIDN'T BUY THEM. I kept playing destiny on and off at different times leveling up and playing PvP. I'm fine with what I got in the long run of original destiny. Once again I waited to see what the taken king was before buying. Once again I didn't see any value in it for me, I would have bought it for $20 but that's not what it cost. I played some the other day to see how new systems worked and I found out that I am locked to level 34. Now, not only am I still not buying new DLC but I've stopped playing completely. Without being allowed to go past level 34 I can never equip last piece of equipment. Which means my light level will forever be cut forever by 1/8.

The only way to show anyone you care is to not give them your money. How many people in this thread complained about the price but bought it anyways? Will EA or destiny stop their shit cause they didn't get my money? NO. Still I use what little power I have to make a change.

serius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By serius

As others have said - don't buy it if your not happy with it.

I played 600 hours of vanilla Destiny. It's an amazing shooter that feels really solid and the loot wheel was a fun and addictive measure that kept me coming back with friends to play.

I also did not buy any DLC etc as I thought a main expansion like TTK would come out eventually and have all the DLC leading up to it in a little bundle etc. I was happy to step away because I had 3 characters at the max level of 34 and was much further ahead than my friends plus I was very burnt out (running everything every day/week reset with 3 characters can take it out of you)

Once I saw the pricing of TTK and the fact I would need to buy all DLC etc I realised that this was their plan and I didn't want to support it right now. There are plenty of games out atm and more getting released towards the end of the year that I really want to play. If this is the model they are adopting there is nothing stopping you from simply waiting another year and picking up the next expansion that will be like TTK and require you to basically repurchase the game again if you haven't bought season passes. There is a part of me that wonders if they will keep things like TTK standalone meaning when the next expansion comes out they simply wont bundle it but make you purchase both expansions separately but I doubt it because its a console market and they need to keep entry at the same cost as other standalone titles.

It seems like a lot only after one year because it is ( you people can complain about people complaining about price but they are right on this one) but if you wait another year or 2 then the investment wont seem as bad because you will be getting more content for your dollar.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people freak out over the pricing of Destiny DLCs way too much, 'cause now that I think about it, they're actually pretty generous. " Expansions " in Destiny are essentially just content patches that MMOs get, except instead of paying 15 or so a month and getting them for " free ", you just pay for them as they come out. I'd definitely rather them just charge people monthly so they can add more to the game than they are currently, but the current model isn't that bad.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people freak out over the pricing of Destiny DLCs way too much, 'cause now that I think about it, they're actually pretty generous. " Expansions " in Destiny are essentially just content patches that MMOs get, except instead of paying 15 or so a month and getting them for " free ", you just pay for them as they come out. I'd definitely rather them just charge people monthly so they can add more to the game than they are currently, but the current model isn't that bad.

MMO's typically have a lot of content off the bat though, destiny was half a game that was split into dlc

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought vanilla and the expansions, the price of TTK just isn't right for me. So I'm waiting for a price drop. Everything gets discounted eventually

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hassun

@shalashaskauk666: Just wait until the game is down to a price worth paying. It's vastly overpriced, the people who bought the game at launch got shafted. With Activision you already know those prices are going to be high and stay high for quite a while.

You don't need Destiny. Activision needs you. Pay what you think the game is worth. If you think this type of pricing scheme is bad, don't support it.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd totally buy TTK if the DLC's were dropped to 5 bucks or baked into the expansion.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's unbelievably overpriced and it's pricing structure is completely confusing in a way that I can't imagine wasn't intentional. They're just trying to confuse people into spending more money and that is not okay.

Destiny is a rich and sleazy businessman asshole. It does what it wants and it thinks its worth more than it is.

Fuck Destiny and don't support sleazy businessmen assholes. Bungie is dead and Activision is in charge of its corpse Weekend at Bernies style.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pyrodactyl

@sravankb: You should do the new raid with random people and see if you really want matchmaking. That last encounter makes crota and atheon look like baby mode. The margin for error is so small and a thousand different things can go wrong resulting in instant wipe. It's insane. The new raid is just horrible for random groups from LFG nevermind matchmade random groups, the kind that struggle with heroic strikes sometimes.

What destiny needs is better social tools so you can form a clan and connect people from your clan easier in game, not more matchmaking.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I don't really understand the complaints about the $40. The Taken King, of all of Destiny's content so far. Is well worth $40. If you haven't bought parts of the DLC or any of Destiny before $60 is a great deal. There is more game to The Taken King than an awful lot of $60 full release retail games. So stop the complaining. Honestly the only Destiny players with a right to complain are those that have spent between $95-$100 on Destiny, Dark Below, and House of Wolves, and have yet to purchase The Taken King. Because lets be honest they are the ones being forced into a corner with a gun being told either give us $40 or you can no longer play the game you paid us $100 for. And even then, I don't have much sympathy, if you've already spent $100, what's another $40 for a game you probably put more than 300 hours into last year. The only people I feel bad for are those on the fence about upgrading to a new console at this time, and who wanted to make the jump after The Taken King. They either have to spend $40 and stay on 360/PS3 for the time being or wait until they have a PS4/XOne and spend $60 on the legendary edition. A friend of mine is in that situation and it sucks for him because he's held hostage to his 360 without The Taken King until he buys an Xbox One next month, and then he will be behind by a month on content.

But should Destiny players even be mad about that? I don't think so. Do you want the Heroic strikes to only be old strikes right after buying new content, or the Nightfall. No. So how about we chill and stow the pitchforks.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

the people who got boned the most on this one are the ones who only bought Vanilla Destiny and only that because for them, it's a whole $60 for a bunch of DLC.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I didn't like the expansion pricing to begin with so I never bought them. I was done with Destiny before the first expansion came out anyways. It's frustrating to see how the game has improved but I think the Destiny ship has sailed for me.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dourin said:
@cameron said:
@hunkulese said:

This is how MMOs work.

Even assuming Destiny was considered an MMO, this is not how they work. Having to fork out for the two Year One DLC's and then pay full price for TTK would be like having to pay $20 for the 6.1 content patch, 6.2 content patch, 6.3 content patch, etc., and then paying full retail game price for the next full expansion for WoW.

I mean, you'd also be paying $15 a month while you're subbed to be getting 6.1, 6.2, etc. The basic difference is that Destiny is charging for those content patches and requiring you to have them, while WoW doesn't charge for those content patches but charges you a sub fee every month regardless of whether or not they release new content. They both have their pros and cons.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dourin said:
@cameron said:
@hunkulese said:

This is how MMOs work.

Even assuming Destiny was considered an MMO, this is not how they work. Having to fork out for the two Year One DLC's and then pay full price for TTK would be like having to pay $20 for the 6.1 content patch, 6.2 content patch, 6.3 content patch, etc., and then paying full retail game price for the next full expansion for WoW.

I mean, you'd also be paying $15 a month while you're subbed to be getting 6.1, 6.2, etc. The basic difference is that Destiny is charging for those content patches and requiring you to have them, while WoW doesn't charge for those content patches but charges you a sub fee every month regardless of whether or not they release new content. They both have their pros and cons.

And yet you left off the following, very important sentence:

Alternatively, if you look at the Buy to Play MMO payment model (like with Guild Wars 2), you'll see that even then, all major content patches leading up to the Heart of Thorns expansion were free, adding new zones, new quests, new dungeons, etc.

Don't get me wrong. There are decent deals out there for both new Destiny players, as well as those who bought the DLC. New players get the vanilla game, all DLC, and TTK for $60. Even those who bought the DLC get to buy just TTK for $40. However, for those of us who only bought vanilla Destiny, no such "deal" exists. Our only option is to drop another $60 on another copy of the base game, DLC that has been made obsolete and simply part of the leveling grind by TTK, and TTK proper. Even if you try to twist it that the $60 is still cheaper than buying the DLC and TTK piecemeal (which would, if I'm not mistaken, run you $80), thus getting you one of the DLC's for free, that's still not a deal given that with the release of TTK, all that DLC is is essentially part of the grind to TTK.

Especially given the reception to Destiny in the beginning, and even somewhat as the DLC was released, what Bungie should have done was offered a bit of an olive branch to those of us who were burned by that initial release. We're in Year Two of Destiny. If you bought the Year One DLC, you got to experience that as it was new, and more importantly, it held the highest loot you could get. However, now with TTK, all that loot is meaningless. With Year Two, they should simply roll the DLC into the base vanilla game, charge $40 for the expansion, and all Year One players should be able to go out and buy TTK, knowing they are all set for Year Two of Destiny.

What happens when Year Three comes around? As someone who just owns vanilla, what am I left with? Will I need to buy $120 worth of content in order to be ready to see the new stuff? What about Year Four? Year Five? The more content is locked behind paywalls, the less they are likely to get players who dropped off to ever return. It's something WoW learned, and it's why now when they release an expansion, all previous content is rolled into the base game. How many Years of Destiny will I watch go by before Bungie learns this lesson?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are just tired of all the complaints about Destiny but the game and everything around it is just as bad as ever. The most soulless and marketingfocused AAA game of all time.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Xeirus

@rethla said:

People are just tired of all the complaints about Destiny but the game and everything around it is just as bad as ever. The most soulless and marketingfocused AAA game of all time.

This.

I really don't understand what people saw in this game. I bought it used and played for maybe 4 hours? So fucking boring. The shooting feels fine, but god damn if that game is mind-numbingly stupid.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thankfully this topic is very well-worded, not hyperbolic at all and the OP is very calm about everything.

Avatar image for vampiriclunatic
VampiricLunatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny is a MMO and this is how they work.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron1c: yeah, totes.

We should add a nominee to the Please Stop awards: the excessive outrage culture of the last two years. Also the words "disgusting" and "atrocity" should be reserved for things that actually are.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

It's sad you actually think this. But this is the kind of mindless hate Destiny gets. Haters gonna hate and all that.

As for the price, honestly I was in the same boat at one point too. I think they overcharged for their prior DLC so when they said $40 for this "expansion" myself and many were pretty hesitant about it. I can safely say it's well worth $40 especially since it has more content then most full priced games do.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Destiny is a MMO and this is how they work.

That analogue doesn't work because MMO's offer you ton of content and are played for YEARS. Destiny had "expansion" pass that offered less than a small piece of DLC does and dare call that expansions. MMO's are out for years and offer continuous support and then BIG expansions. Even ones without monthly fees like Guild Wars 2.