• 84 results
Posted by theQman121 (83 posts) 7 months, 26 days ago

Poll: What version will you be getting? (390 votes)

Xbox One 14%
Playstation 4 57%
Xbox 360 1%
Playstation 3 4%
Waiting... Hopeful for PC release. 17%
Nope. 7%

I'm looking at picking this up when it comes out, but I'll have to pick up the 360 version because I can't afford a current gen console, and won't be able to for a good while, so I'm curious. What platform will you be purchasing Destiny on?

#1 Posted by believer258 (12473 posts) -

Personal comp... oh.

If it runs at a very smooth 30 (as in, not an occasional 30, a literally locked 30) frames per second, PS3. Otherwise I'll wait until I get a PS4 or it comes out on PC.

#2 Edited by BigJeffrey (5225 posts) -

if i like the beta i'll be getting the digital Xbox One version.

#3 Posted by MEATBALL (3723 posts) -

I'm getting the PS4 version. Really want to upgrade my pre-order to the Ghost Edition, but it looks like the process is all crazy and hush hush in Australia, with EB stores contacting pre-order customers who pre-ordered before a certain date.

#4 Posted by Briggs713 (228 posts) -

PS4 for me. Once I saw what this game actually was and watched Jeff play it, I started to get excited for it.

#5 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (487 posts) -

PS4. I don't want to wait for a potential PC version and the PS4 one looked/ran fucking fantastic during the "alpha".

#6 Posted by PigzFly (4 posts) -

@meatball said:

I'm getting the PS4 version. Really want to upgrade my pre-order to the Ghost Edition, but it looks like the process is all crazy and hush hush in Australia, with EB stores contacting pre-order customers who pre-ordered before a certain date.

Really? So I should preorder the Limited Edition and contact them about the Ghost Edition? That's crazy messed up.

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11587 posts) -

Personal comp... oh.

If it runs at a very smooth 30 (as in, not an occasional 30, a literally locked 30) frames per second, PS3. Otherwise I'll wait until I get a PS4 or it comes out on PC.

Haha, locked 30 on a 2014 PS3 game? Be serious, man!

I'll get the PS4 version.

#8 Posted by MEATBALL (3723 posts) -

@pigzfly said:

@meatball said:

Really? So I should preorder the Limited Edition and contact them about the Ghost Edition? That's crazy messed up.

If you pre-ordered now you apparently wouldn't be eligible. Looks like they're basically contacting customers in order based on when they pre-ordered. Sounds like they're getting extremely limited stock.

#9 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2947 posts) -

If the 360/PS3 versions turn out okay, probably one of those.

#10 Posted by PigzFly (4 posts) -

@meatball said:

@pigzfly said:

@meatball said:

If you pre-ordered now you apparently wouldn't be eligible. Looks like they're basically contacting customers in order based on when they pre-ordered. Sounds like they're getting extremely limited stock.

Fuck that. I will get my sister in NZ to send one over.

#11 Posted by PatODay (225 posts) -

Xbox One. Hopefully it makes me sue that console for longer than Titanfall did.

#12 Posted by ajamafalous (12245 posts) -

PC :(

#13 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6174 posts) -

Personal comp... oh.

I'm still surprised they haven't announced a Pc version for this yet. You'd think it'd be a foregone conclusion at this point. Anyways, I'll be getting it on Ps4.

#14 Edited by Itwongo (1319 posts) -

I don't know! All my friends own Xbox's, but I want a PS4 because it seems like everyone and their mother on this site is getting it there

#15 Posted by labam89 (318 posts) -

Only way I'll pick it up is if its on PC. That said, Bungie has been shit for getting its releases on PC.

#16 Edited by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1833 posts) -

PS4, enjoyed the Alpha. Already pre-ordered and paid off.

#17 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

PS4...The forth hokage station.

#18 Edited by Samael2138 (249 posts) -

No one I know has a PS4, and I have friends with Xbox Ones, so that's what I pre-ordered it for.

#19 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3839 posts) -

Digital Guardians Edition on XONE. Although, I do like the cover but that's it.

Its like a huge book you could slap people with.

#20 Posted by TheKing (856 posts) -

Not sure if I will be buying it but if I do it will be on the Xbox One.

#21 Posted by GTCknight (718 posts) -

Own a PS4 (among other older consoles), so I'll be getting it there. Enjoyed my time in the Alpha (or whatever you want to call it) looking forward to the Beta. After that if I'm still totally down with it I'll pick it up at launch.

#22 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1973 posts) -

PS4.

My brother and a friend of mine will both be getting the PS4 version, so I should have a good group to play with. I've been trying to convince some of my friends that haven't gotten new consoles yet that this game is a good reason to get a PS4, but I'll just have to see if they listen. I can't imagine what this game will look/perform like on last gen machines, but I don't expect it will be very well.

#23 Posted by FinalDasa (2277 posts) -

PS4 probably, because I have friends who want the game too and their going to play it on PS4. Might as well play it with my friends.

#24 Posted by fisk0 (4859 posts) -

If I end up getting it, it'll likely be on PS3 unless a PC version is announced before then. Didn't look like it does anything crazy that the PS3 couldn't handle, except maybe have even longer loading times than the alpha.

#25 Posted by ripelivejam (5437 posts) -

Tralse.

#26 Posted by Poonz (144 posts) -

Preordered the Standard PS4 one to try out the Beta I'll decide once I've played it a bit.

#27 Posted by MightyDuck (1548 posts) -

I think I may finally bite the bullet and pick up the Destiny PS4 bundle. We'll see.

#28 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1497 posts) -

Man there are PS3/360 versions? Kind of bummed about that but on the bright side now most of my friends can play it, still will probably go with the ps4 version though

#29 Posted by JosephKnows (157 posts) -

If the PS3 version isn't gimped feature-wise, then I'll get that one. Don't plan on getting a PS4 until next year when most good games are out. I'm sufficiently hyped to get it this year anyway.

#30 Edited by Corevi (6601 posts) -

Preordered the Limited Edition for PS4, wanted to get the Ghost edition but DAMN that shit sold fast. Now I actually need to buy a PS4...

#31 Edited by Fattony12000 (7680 posts) -

I'm getting the £384.99 version.

#32 Posted by Jesus_Phish (1376 posts) -

Regular PS4 disc edition. The limited and ghost editions are too rich for my blood for game I don't know enough about. Gamestop are listing the Ghost as over €200 right now.

#33 Posted by JustKamToo (763 posts) -

I wonder if they will be doing a Destiny version of the Xone and PS4 controllers (not including the white version). I went for the PS4 ghost edition.

#34 Edited by Ravelle (1551 posts) -

@fattony12000 said:

I'm getting the £384.99 version.

Same here but the black version.

#35 Posted by Vao (337 posts) -

Thinking the white ps4 might get me to finally pick one up. I'd love to see a PC version but as of lately the odds of that seem to be shrinking

#36 Edited by Corvak (1175 posts) -

Seems like a game i'd co-op in, and most of my friends have PS4s.

#37 Edited by Fattony12000 (7680 posts) -
#38 Edited by nasp (541 posts) -

ps3 version.

#39 Edited by Corevi (6601 posts) -

@fattony12000: I prefer black consoles because literally every entertainment device I own is black. Also black consoles are generally cheaper.

#40 Posted by TheAcidSkull (889 posts) -

Digital Guardians Edition on XONE. Although, I do like the cover but that's it.

Its like a huge book you could slap people with.

Lol. this.

#41 Posted by HatKing (6349 posts) -

I just started my process for building a modern PC. My first proper ground-up build since the early aughts. Destiny is one of the only games coming out that I'm going to be bummed out to miss. Honestly, Sony isn't making much of an argument outside of the indie scene for me to pick up a PS4 (couldn't give less of a shit about another Uncharted), and considering most of the indie stuff is going to be PC first, I might end up with an Xbox One. Sunset Overdrive, the Halo stuff, and it'll have the console exclusive stuff like Destiny. Might be the way to go for me.

#42 Edited by TheLastGunslinger (340 posts) -

I would be all over the white PS4 bundle if I didn't already have the system.

I'll be getting the standard edition for Xbox One, rather begrudgingly too. I have both an XBO and PS4 and really liked how the game handled with the Dualshock 4 during the Alpha but all of my friends that I want to play with only have the XBO. I don't want to play coop with strangers alone so I'm locked into the XBO version now.

#43 Edited by Fattony12000 (7680 posts) -
#44 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1838 posts) -

Is there any indication this will ever be on PC?

#45 Edited by Corevi (6601 posts) -

@fattony12000: Yeah old consoles are white but all of mine are boxed up so I don't care what they look like. Why do you have a Wonderswan and a PSX anyway?

#47 Posted by Corevi (6601 posts) -

@fattony12000: The PSX was just a PS2 with a DVR built in for twice the price, and the Wonderswan had zero exclusive games worth playing.

#48 Posted by Nightriff (5696 posts) -

PS4 version if i get it at all. I assume a PC version will come out eventually so maybe I'll just wait for that.

#49 Edited by Ravelle (1551 posts) -
#50 Posted by HistoryInRust (6494 posts) -

@fattony12000: That white Slim PS2 still looks gorgeous. Could pass for a modern console.