What version will you be getting?

• 84 results
theQman121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Poll What version will you be getting? (390 votes)

Xbox One 14%
Playstation 4 57%
Xbox 360 1%
Playstation 3 4%
Waiting... Hopeful for PC release. 17%
Nope. 7%

I'm looking at picking this up when it comes out, but I'll have to pick up the 360 version because I can't afford a current gen console, and won't be able to for a good while, so I'm curious. What platform will you be purchasing Destiny on?

• 
Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Either the xbone version since I already have the console, or Ill get the white PS4 bundle.

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I liked the alpha on PS4, but will probably pick it up on XB1 because that controller fits my hands better than Sony's DS4.

If only I could shorten my thumbs when I use the DS4.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

PS4. Should definitely go pre-order it this week too so I can get into that beta. The alpha was so much fun, even if it was just a very, very tiny portion of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

This is definitely a wait for a review game for me. That said probably PS4.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC or nothing I suppose :(

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By fattony12000

@fattony12000: The PSX was just a PS2 with a DVR built in for twice the price, and the Wonderswan had zero exclusive games worth playing.

#japan

@fattony12000: That white Slim PS2 still looks gorgeous. Could pass for a modern console.

"modern console"

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By bboymaestro

The default control scheme was a little weird, but the PS4 handled the Alpha just fine.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Bollard

I'm getting the £384.99 version.

No Caption Provided

I have a pre-order of this too... for now.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I got the white PS4 Destiny bundle so I'm set to pop with my upcoming new PS4.

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 for sure. I have both consoles but even if they are the same graphics/performance wise I know more people on PSN than XBL at this point and I prefer the controller.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC or none at all.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm waiting for the white Xbox One version. I mean.. Bungie officially said they love all fans equally so it must be coming right..

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Corevi

@humanity: Microsoft already has the White Xbone locked up since they gave them out to employees. It will probably come out to the public with the Halo 5 bundle.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Microsoft already has the White Xbone locked up since they gave them out to employees. It will probably come out to the public with the Halo 5 bundle.

Well then I'm never getting Destiny.

studsmckewl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Get in the XONE.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

I went with the white one, since I haven't gotten ps4 yet I figured this was best way of getting both. It's listed at $450 so that saves you $10. plus I had credit from amazon from something they fucked up. I also empty my change jar for amazon gift card before ordering and now only need to pay $310 come September.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

White PS4 version for me, too. If, by chance, it comes out on PC, too someday, I'll get it there, as well provided it lives up to my expectations.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PS4, all things considered that's probably the version to get should you have the option of choice between the two platforms. Will pick up the PC version should it ever arrive.

CrocBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm stuck with the PS3 version cause there's no way I'll be able to afford a PS4 any time soon.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@fattony12000 said:

I'm getting the £384.99 version.

I have a pre-order of this too... for now.

hail hydra

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 although I would rather have Evolve.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Karkarov

.... delete this one please

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Karkarov
@humanity said:
@corruptedevil said:

Well then I'm never getting Destiny.

Also the fact that Bungie loves all fans equally doesn't apply. Cause they also hate Microsoft.

Here is the version I am pre ordering, it aint 300+ dollars but it will get the job done Edit: also how the heck did I double post?!?!?!

No Caption Provided

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Corevi

@humanity: They don't hate them but they made it abundantly clear that the the Xbox versions are inferior in every way.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Karkarov

@humanity said:

@karkarov: Why would Bungie hate Microsoft?

Well most creative types don't like the guys who forced them to develop games in ways they might not have wanted for years on end. Let's just say I have it on good authority they are happy to "be their own man now" so to speak.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Humanity

@karkarov said:

@humanity said:

@karkarov: Why would Bungie hate Microsoft?

Well most creative types don't like the guys who forced them to develop games in ways they might not have wanted for years on end. Let's just say I have it on good authority they are happy to "be their own man now" so to speak.

Does your uncle work at Bungie?

In all seriousness I do think it's weird that they would be making such a hard swing away from the people who quite frankly helped them make a ton of money. Microsoft really promoted the hell out of Halo. I don't know what the deal was internally, but they must have really disliked working with Microsoft to be so flagrantly ignoring that demographic this time around.

What is kind of shitty is that Bungies personal feelings aside they did have a lot of dedicated fans on the 360 - fans that really had nothing to do with whatever internal push-and-pull was happening between them and Microsoft, and fans that are currently getting the short end of the stick. I hate to use words like "they owe it to their fan base" because I don't think anyone should owe anyone anything, but a small nod of "thanks for sticking with us over the years" might show a bit of class.

Which is why their latest official letter stating how they love all their fans equally feels especially disingenuous. I mean it's cool, we get it you have a new business deal, but don't treat people like idiots. When you have exclusive betas, exclusive in-game content and a special exclusive edition console for one particular platform with literally nothing else for the other then that is quite obviously not showing an equal amount of love to all your fans.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

In all seriousness I do think it's weird that they would be making such a hard swing away from the people who quite frankly helped them make a ton of money. Microsoft really promoted the hell out of Halo. I don't know what the deal was internally, but they must have really disliked working with Microsoft to be so flagrantly ignoring that demographic this time around.

Uh you are getting developer and publisher confused. Microsoft was making a shit ton of money on Halo not Bungie. Bungie got whatever Microsoft paid them to make the game. Additionally Activision is publishing this so if you really want to blame someone maybe look in that direction too? It isn't like it is only Destiny doing it either. Look at Metal Gear Solid V for example, the PS4 version is blatantly superior to the Xbox One version graphically, it isn't even close.

Meanwhile where is this entitlement nonsense coming from? Bungie gave Halo fans a decade of Halo games to enjoy and millions of people to teabag. They don't "owe" Halo fans anything. Also this isn't Halo, it is Destiny.

You want to know the real reason Microsoft is getting the short end of the stick? Bad business practices, a botched console launch, and a console targeted at suits not at gamers.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm super excited about Destiny - its 2013 E3 Stage Demo sold me my PS4, the first platform I've ever bought at launch - so I have a pre-order in for the PS4 Ghost Edition, despite the fact it's £149.99 ($256). Yes, I have a problem.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jensonb: It would probably be cheaper to import the ghost edition from the US. It's only $150 here.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#81  Edited By geirr

Unless I fall victim to the white ps4 I'll be waiting for the improbable PC release.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be picking up the PS4 ghost edition.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@corruptedevil: yeah, there was some discussion of that. I think some people from the Subreddit are doing it. I opted just to take the bullet for the sake of time and convenience. It did out the kibosh on my musings about buying a standard digital edition to start playing at midnight though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: I said, and this is an important distinction, the fans are getting the short end of the stick. Whatever stuff might have happened it's Bungies almost decade old fans that are getting shafted now - which isn't really fair for them.