User Lists: 28

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Bayonetta 2 "fell" to a similar fate. Is this part of Nintendo's strategy of appealing to the enthusiast crowd: picking up action games like these when other developers can't get them working?

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know, right? Strange place for it to end up. The trailer looks visually rough but i've never played an Itagaki game with bad mechanics so definitely looking forward to this.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Boy, that trailer they showed today looked rough. I'm happy this game will see the light of day, but man...j-just...wow. I hope the actual game is good (hell, I want every game to be good), but, after today, let's just say that I'm not exactly holding my breath here

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldenglishc

Nintendo resurrecting this game is my biggest surprise of E3 so far. The world is a better place with a little of Itagaki's over the top bad ass-itude.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By falserelic
Loading Video...

Looks dated,but fun. Aleast the Wii U has a another game that's not mario,zelda,kirby etc.

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, this looks fucking terrible. Why would they show this?? Very puzzling.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Watching the IGN video you can see what they're going for, but the visuals aren't very interesting at all. It's hard to look past the dude pops out of cover and shoots people gameplay and all of the weird disappearing bodies. I'm sure this was going to be forgotten regardless of the system, but Wii U only can only be bad for a game like this.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

It certainly has some spunk. Not quite sure if it's got anything more than that going for it though. But who knows...

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a PS2 game I'd buy used for $5 and still regret it.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By bigjeffrey

wow, looks like HOTGarbage

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't get the whole 'it's third person but you shoot in first person whenever you hold the left trigger thing'. Other than that, where are the boob physics?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man, that looks...rough. Glad Nintendo had the sense not to include that in their Nintendo Direct....ference.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

This looks like some slapped together 'there's going to be a generic gritty shooter on a Nintendo platform' April Fools video...but somehow this is actually real...

:|

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I approve of Nintendo trying to diversify the platform by funding games that might not otherwise exist.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more like devil's turd lmoa

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I want to believe this will be good because Itagaki but holy shit it looks like absolute garbage.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to believe this will be good because Itagaki but holy shit it looks like absolute garbage.

Yeah...that's where I stand too.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic:

I earlier made a thread about how The Evil Within doesn't look so good and am thinking that maybe Shinji Mikami has lost his deft touch.

Upon seeing that gameplay video of Devil's Third and realising how bad things could be, I retract my statements.

Edit: The whole thing doesn't look terrible, and some of those executions with the melee weapons seem great, but the melee combat really seems to be at odds with the whole FPS angle this game is also going for, ending up with an environment that doesn't seem well suited for either.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@falserelic:

I earlier made a thread about how The Evil Within doesn't look so good and am thinking that maybe Shinji Mikami has lost his deft touch.

Upon seeing that gameplay video of Devil's Third and realising how bad things could be, I retract my statements.

Edit: The whole thing doesn't look terrible, and some of those executions with the melee weapons seem great, but the melee combat really seems to be at odds with the whole FPS angle this game is also going for, ending up with an environment that doesn't seem well suited for either.

Well, that's the thing, it's not an FPS. You can aim guns from first-person, but that's about it. From the earliest announcements, Devil's Third was mean as an action game with shooting and melee elements.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh man this game looks stupid.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#23  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

The only hope I have with this game is that it will somehow turn into a it's so bad yet somehow good game. They really shouldn't have showed the game off in the state it is in.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lack of transition between third person and first person perspective is really jarring...