Start edition or reapers from the start? PC

mr187uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Hi All,

I've just purchased Diablo 3 in a sale and it's downloading as I type. My question is - Do I start with Diablo 3 as it is or do I now purchase the reaper of souls pack too?

Apart from the extra levels, does the add-on add anything to the original game, like fixes or different game play?

Thanks

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

It adds a whole fifth act, and then I believe the adventure mode is an expansion-only thing. Adventure mode is great for keeping the mindless grinding fresh, but not immediately necessary. Maybe finish the main game and then think about buying the expansion.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm pretty sure most of the changes to the gameplay are part of a patch, rather than being dependent on owning the expansion. Unless you want to play as a crusader, I think you can hold off until you finish the game. I don't think you can do adventure mode without it (or at least I remember that being the case when I played a bit after Reaper launched and I hadn't bought it), but there's no need to do that until the end of the game anyway.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

It also adds an entire new class, Crusader.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You can't play seasons or adventure mode without it, adventure mode is essentially the end game. I would recommend picking up the expansion.