Why am I doing so much more damage suddenly?

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I just finished the first four acts of Diablo 3 with a friend and I finished as a level 55 monk on expert. We started Act 5 and I'm suddenly doing a lot more critical hits that range anywhere from 4 to 25 million. I wasn't doing hardly any crits before and they were only a couple hundred thousand max. Any explanation for this? Is my game glitched?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Zeik

Did you get any noticeably good skills or weapons recently? Damage output can change pretty dramatically with some good drops.

Several million damage in act V isn't that strange, especially on expert. I played on master with my Demon Hunter and I remember climbing into the millions in act V.

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the same weapons I had at the tail end of Act 4. Maybe I didn't notice the numbers before, but I think I would have. My damage is only at 17.7k which seems low. My friend is a Crusader and his damage is listed as 20k and he only gets in the hundreds of thousands for crits. I don't know much about Diablo's systems but it just seems odd.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you only getting the huge damage numbers on killing blows? I think there's an item that causes you to produce millions of damage on killing blows regardless of DPS

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: It doesn't seem that way, but I'll have to check next time I play. I remember doing a seven sided strike and getting 4 million plus on each hit. I was definitely getting in the millions on some hits that weren't kills.

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did notice that this started happening after I picked up the legendary sword "Sever" but it doesn't look like it has stats that would do that.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zeik

I did notice that this started happening after I picked up the legendary sword "Sever" but it doesn't look like it has stats that would do that.

There's your answer. Sever causes massive crits on kill.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412212062

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sarge__Gunnerz

Ahh that must be what it means when it says the dead rest in pieces. Thanks for the tip!