So what do we all think now that Reaper of Souls is live?

• 68 results
Avatar image for chainreaction01
chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Just finished it and man was that a good time. Felt like there was a ton of variety in the environments for only being a single act. Also the music in some of those places was great, namely the underground bone areas. As for the ending.

I actually liked the way it ended, especially since it caters towards your class. At least on the monk side, I like the implication that your character has become so badass that the world will literally bend to his will. Going back to what the patriach said, it seems like the only one to challenge you is god himself.
Also, as for the weird sudden concern that you would turn evil, I think it has a lot to do with the whole idea that humans are the only one with choice in the world that Maltheal was talking about in the journal. You know an angel will always try to fight for good, and a demon will always fight for evil, but humans are the wildcard. The problem comes when the wildcard is literally the most powerful person in the world likely capable of ending the eternal conflict. Even near the end the enchantress warned my monk of the temptation of death's power. Kind of makes me wonder if they'll give us some choice in the next expansion to end off with. After all, we still have to go avenge Lyndon's brother!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's pretty great, but I've been too sleepy to play much of it. Stupid night job.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still on the fence about it. I have literally zero interest in the new class but the other addons sound ok.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I haven't played any of the expansion yet, but I started a new Barbarian because I hadn't played since a little after the game launched. I got mid way through Act III on Normal and I was level 27. The new Barbarian that I started a couple of days ago is level 28 at the start of Act II on hard with weapons almost *six times* better than what I had almost three quarters of the way through the game.

I stopped playing it originally because I just wasn't having much fun and didn't feel like I was really gaining better loot at all, but this rebalance has changed my whole opinion of this game.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By xymox

I feel the expansion is over-priced for what you're getting in terms of new content, but man if this isn't just a fantastic game at this point thanks to the patches. I haven't gotten to the adventure stuff yet, and that might fix one of the biggest issues I've had with the game (having to play the story over and over and over...)

I'm really enjoying the new class. Being able to use a two-handed weapon in one hand while also using a shield? Awye.

Was a bit annoyed at first about having to play through the early acts but it seems fine. I'm a bit torn about it still because on one hand I'm exploring every nook and cranny, which is a nice change of pace compared to the multiplayer where everyone's just rushing to the exit - but I'm afraid this might burn me out on the game before reaching the new stuff. If that makes sense.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@xymox: to subvert that I've been playing my crusader on master difficulty. The leveling is unbelievably fast at 200% xp

Avatar image for deactivated-616d38c07628a
deactivated-616d38c07628a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Started a Crusader and I'm enjoying it so far, I haven't played diablo 3 since may 2012 so the game feels really fresh :).

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm surprised this forum is so dead considering a lot of people seem to be playing and enjoying the expansion.

I'm pleased with the expansion. I was mostly a Paladin player in D2 so this is my jam. Love customizing his appearance to be a bad ass knight. Still in the process of experimenting with skill setups.

The Act 5 bosses (first and last mostly) are surprisingly difficult and I found myself having to lower the difficulty two notches (Hard) to get past them on my own first play through. Liked the new music but found certain areas (the plague tunnel dungeons) where sometimes the music was noticeably louder and almost irritating. Like it'd just hold a single loud trumpet noise for a minute and it feels like your head will burst. Also thought the ending was kind of weak.

Only other thing I'm having difficulty with is Gold. I wish I was one of these people, like various people in my clan, who have 10s of millions or billions of Gold from before. I never did much on the auction house or got any very valuable items. So it's rough now when you get into the top end gems and start doing a bunch of enchanting. A couple million Gold can vaporize before you realize it.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I finished Act V and hit 70 on my Crusader this weekend. I really enjoyed it and Im loving the crusader. Started doing some Adventure mode and got some bounties and rifts done. It was ok, but its really not my preferred way of playing. I never was into the whole loot run deal. So i think ill end up doing the same thing i have ever done, and that is to play through the campaign again and again. But time will tell.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ares42

I know this is sorta blasphemous to say, but does anyone else feel like they made getting gear a bit too easy ?

Not gonna say I've got all the best gear or anything, but I've put a bit less than 40 hours into a Crusader and I've already got all the stats I want on all my pieces of gear (with medium to high rolls) and about half my gear is legendary/sets. While I'm sure I could farm for rare unique drops for ages and improve that way, and I could also pour gold into gems, I already feel like I'm 95+% on my way to "max out" my character.

LikeaMetaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By LikeaMetaphor

I enjoyed getting my Crusader up to 70, but as I throw myself at Adventure Mode on Master, I feel like he just doesn't do enough damage to really deal with anything. Granted, most things won't kill me, but it takes me an upwards of 3 minutes of just bashing on the rift bosses to finally kill them. And it's been like that for most of my experience - I'll never die, but it takes so damn long for anything else to that it's bumming me out. Not sure if it's my gear or my skill loadout, as I've been trying to rely on high-damage cooldowns since the normal wrath consumers feel underwhelming in terms of damage. Maybe that's the point since he's the tank of the crowd, but as someone who mostly solos content, it's making for a frustrating experience.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@likeametaphor: It's your gear, start sacrificing toughness for damage. You don't need anything much over 6-8 mil toughness even on torment 1. Boost your dps via crit chance and crit damage.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed getting my Crusader up to 70, but as I throw myself at Adventure Mode on Master, I feel like he just doesn't do enough damage to really deal with anything. Granted, most things won't kill me, but it takes me an upwards of 3 minutes of just bashing on the rift bosses to finally kill them. And it's been like that for most of my experience - I'll never die, but it takes so damn long for anything else to that it's bumming me out. Not sure if it's my gear or my skill loadout, as I've been trying to rely on high-damage cooldowns since the normal wrath consumers feel underwhelming in terms of damage. Maybe that's the point since he's the tank of the crowd, but as someone who mostly solos content, it's making for a frustrating experience.

Try out Fists of Heavens with Retribution rune. Its a great damage ability but its one draw back is that in tight corridors the ability isn't nearly as effective.

This is my character and skills (Carandia is my Crusader) and I do pretty well. I have issues with different Affixs but for the most part I can take down most champion/elites in about 60-90 seconds if they aren't runners.

The reason for Akreat champion is to get multiple uses out of Consecration, Condemned, and Law of Valor. Usually with the buff up I'll refresh Consecration, condemned and Law at least once sometimes twice plus its a nice survival ability since it automatically restores your life once if you die while its up.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By xymox

@ares42 said:

I know this is sorta blasphemous to say, but does anyone else feel like they made getting gear a bit too easy ?

Not gonna say I've got all the best gear or anything, but I've put a bit less than 40 hours into a Crusader and I've already got all the stats I want on all my pieces of gear (with medium to high rolls) and about half my gear is legendary/sets. While I'm sure I could farm for rare unique drops for ages and improve that way, and I could also pour gold into gems, I already feel like I'm 95+% on my way to "max out" my character.

Not even close. Gearing is OK now as you progress through the game. I played before, and using the gear you found absolutely would leave to you being 1-shot by a boss - which ultimately lead to jumping into the auction house and buying the best stuff you could use, because it was the only way to progress, gear-wise.

The new system is also balanced in the way where, the better stuff you get, the faster you will outlevel the stuff you have. You'll look back at those legendaries in a few levels and go "Huh." and salvage them, and sure that might seem like the system is way too generous, but keep in mind you outlevel your gear quickly so it's necessary that the system keeps up - especially since monsters now scale to your level.

Also towards the end-game you'll notice a significant drop-off in character power. For me, the RoS loot system seems to drop items only on levels 61, 66 and 70, meaning at the end I still wear a lot of level 61 or level 60 items, leaving a lot of room for improvement - and the improvement is quite significant. My wizard at the end of RoS had 123 000 sheet damage, and while I do "just fine" on normal difficulty, the people who actually spend time gearing their characters through drops, re-enchanting & gambling reach more than 10x that. So the believed power of where your character is at, while accurate in the lower levels, isn't even close to where you can end up.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Ares42

@xymox: I was speaking more about the end-game than gearing through levelling. And yes, the loot system before was dreadful. Been a while since I made that post, and I'm still playing, but my experience is still the same. I brought my WD up to 70 and he was "optimally" geared within 10-20 hours. While I've farmed quite a lot more on him now, and he's most definitely stronger than he was, it's all just very incremental and slow. Getting a character ready and able for torment 1 is extremely quick, and anything beyond that is mostly just for people that strive for "perfection".

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The key thing Blizzard gets right with RoS is the play loop in "Adventure Mode" is tight and fast enough that the player can fall into the "just one more" loop.

Is Diablo 3 now too easy? No...but it is now easy to configure the difficulty which is the correct way to do it. If the run feels too easy, crank up the difficulty instead of complaining about it! :)

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

The key thing Blizzard gets right with RoS is the play loop in "Adventure Mode" is tight and fast enough that the player can fall into the "just one more" loop.

Is Diablo 3 now too easy? No...but it is now easy to configure the difficulty which is the correct way to do it. If the run feels too easy, crank up the difficulty instead of complaining about it! :)

I completely agree that Adventure mode is the exact mode this game needed. Not only does it reward you with loot but it also gives you that "oh I have time for just one more" feeling without feeling like its an endless grind (which it totally is).

Also I think the difficulty ranks work great and I love the fact that only Torrent difficulties drop the Set items. So while you can get some really sweet legendaries in the lower difficulties some of the best stuff is still difficult to get. I've been very happy with my level and loot progression. I've gotten 70 on my Barb, Demon Hunter, Crusader, and almost 70 on my Wizard.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By amir90

The only thing holding me back is the price.
I paid 45 Euro for the main game when it came out. 40 euro for an expansion is too much imho.