#1 Posted by Panelhopper (174 posts) -

Every time I see or hear something about the game a part of me gets super excited. Then I start thinking about it and, at some point I'm a 25 year old guy buying toys and that feels kinda embarrassing...so is this game worth that? I am overthinking it?

#2 Posted by TruthTellah (8801 posts) -

@panelhopper: You're on Giant Bomb. Where the head of the site(Jeff) spent inordinate amounts of money on Skylanders toys to play with. You're in fine company. And while that does not mean you are not crazy, it is at least understandable.

I hope you have fun with the game and its toys.

#3 Edited by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

yes. play little big planet 2 much better :P

#4 Posted by Morningstar (2150 posts) -

No you are not.

#5 Posted by TruthTellah (8801 posts) -

No way, man. You're fine. You're so fine that a pair of nice men in white will be coming to take you to a place with other fine people just like you. I'm sure you'll have a fine time there. ♥

#6 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I thought it looked like it had a lot of great ideas and was doing a lot more than it really has to for a game like this when I watched that video with them playing it for the GB dudes. But super excited? Maybe you're crazy. Maybe. But that's OK.

#7 Posted by Panelhopper (174 posts) -

@truthtellah: ya know, it's funny a nice man in a white coat came to take me on a tour yesterday. The place seemed nice but the food was awful and every time I asked about visiting hours no one would answer....then Anglinia jolie started asking me why no one ever wanted to push her buttons...I'm not sure i want to go back there

#8 Edited by TruthTellah (8801 posts) -

@panelhopper: Just go with it. It will feel nice and warm in time. All your worries will just wisp away like the empty dust and sand that they are.

Also, John Vignocchi is one of the leads of Disney Infinity; so...

http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2013/06/disney-infinity-coach-e3-2-575.jpg

#9 Edited by Panelhopper (174 posts) -

@truthtellah: ok, I think that picture may have sold me on it even more...

#10 Posted by Hector (3359 posts) -

So did anyone actually get it? I'm thinking about getting it later today.

#11 Posted by TheeGravedigger (93 posts) -

I'm waiting for my copy to get delivered tomorrow.

#12 Edited by Grnd_Lb_Knt (180 posts) -

Got it. Got everything except the Lone Ranger playset. The pieces are nice and hefty and bigger than I thought. The intro is pretty amazing.

There are a ton of collectables. There are collectables for each playset adventure. And the base has up to 1000 unlockables that you unlocking via a lottery machine. 1 coin = 1 (objects). No dupes.

Look like everything is included on the disk. The Hall of Hero's has a place for each of your figures and disks. Some are shown that haven't been released (but announced).

Going through the Incredibles playset adventure now and it is open. After a few missions, of course. There are lots of collectables. There are side missions for items you unlock, and exclusive side missions for characters.

Without rambling on. So far so great. Lots of Disney references. Each charter comes with their own short mission. Drop in drop out works just fine. Discs are interesting. Haven't played much with the toybox but it seems to be so much more than I expected.

#13 Posted by johncallahan (559 posts) -

@panelhopper: Just go with it. It will feel nice and warm in time. All your worries will just wisp away like the empty dust and sand that they are.

I was honestly just talking myself down from going out and buying Infinity stuff. This pick just swayed me away from common sense.

#14 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

No, but I'm insane...

#15 Edited by Hector (3359 posts) -

Just went down to Target to pick it up. Game is fun! I just got the starter set for now, came with a felix fix it power-up that increases HP. The intro was amazing, reminded me of why I like Disney soo much.

#16 Edited by ghostchant (122 posts) -

using spins in the toy vault is the closest thing to the "one more click" feeling from Civ games I've had since Civ 5

#17 Posted by TruthTellah (8801 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

I was honestly just talking myself down from going out and buying Infinity stuff. This pick just swayed me away from common sense.

Good, good...

http://media.tumblr.com/9083fd57925ac31e51dc46db09f51b86/tumblr_inline_molo2vYugi1qz4rgp.gif

#18 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2364 posts) -

I had no interest whatsoever until a couple hours ago when I watched some Youtube videos.

Now I'm fearing my wallet's safety.

#19 Posted by Legxend (124 posts) -
I must say I'm really tempted to pick this up on Friday here in the UK, and this is coming from someone who had very little interest in it. Every gameplay video I've seen is just so god damn charming.
#20 Edited by Hailinel (24413 posts) -

There's no reason to feel like your crazy or feel ashamed at having interest in this game. If you're into Disney and the collectable toy aspect, then go right on ahead.

#21 Edited by me3639 (1753 posts) -

@zajtalan said:

yes. play little big planet 2 much better :P

Read 2 reviews and not one comparison to LBP2 which kind of did this already[shrugs shoulders]. Its not for me but its going to make boat loads of money.

#22 Posted by Soulstoner (37 posts) -

@grnd_lb_knt: Hey, do you notice any controller lag when playing? Like the character isn't as responsive as he/she should be? I'm on 360...

#23 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

I'm a 23 year old guy and I think the game looks cool.

#24 Posted by Istealdreams (148 posts) -

If you are thinking of getting this, and you live next to a toys r us, go there! Everything is buy 1 get 1 50% off on Disney infinity stuff. Also the power discs are buy 1 get another for $1.00! I saved like a hundred bucks today and got all of the wave 1 stuff.

#25 Edited by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (602 posts) -

Has anyone tried this on Wii U yet? While I have a 360 and PS3, I wonder if the Wii U's gamepad will add anything to the experience (or at least make navigating the toy box more convenient).

#26 Posted by Hector (3359 posts) -

Has anyone tried this on Wii U yet? While I have a 360 and PS3, I wonder if the Wii U's gamepad will add anything to the experience (or at least make navigating the toy box more convenient).

I'm playing it on the Wii U, Its really easy to go navigate through your inventory and set building blocks, though it does take awhile to load the damn screen.

#27 Posted by spraynardtatum (2818 posts) -

Being super excited for Disney Infinity means you are crazy or you're genetically likely to be crazy.

#28 Posted by jsnyder82 (730 posts) -

I'm a Disney kid, so I really want to at least play this game.

But I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on two games coming out Tuesday, and this game is pretty expensive, so it's gonna have to wait a bit.

#29 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (602 posts) -