PC version is FINALLY out

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By crithon

this was a bit of an odd release. I got an email on this, but the PC release was promised to be in last month by Johnny V himself.

No Caption Provided

Still the game runs a hell of a lot better then the first Infinity, controller support right in there. Screen Resolution is actual on the main menu and can only be set between exiting the game and running the game..... oh yeah there's no exit game option have to ctrl alt del the game and run that through task manager. The port of the game ran almost like a slide show, and the controls would just have these horrible input delays and switch between Keyboard and Mouse to controls. This is a massive leap forward.

No Caption Provided

The virtual base is back which is kinda misses the cool gimick of slapping figures down and watching them on screen. Especially now in this game where when you die you can pop in another character to continue the fight. And right now the type in your codes isn't working at the moment because of network issues. So there are temporary free 3 characters for the next 11 hours. And also virtual base misses the point of these figures in that they retain all skill points you were working on other platforms.

No Caption Provided

It's a better port, that's just a fact, but it's a bit bare bones with a rough launch.... a month later. Still it's PRACTICALLY FREE, just loads it up with avengers and spiderman playsets up and running. So just give it a download either one, practically free games.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

Weird. So instead of using toys it's just an online shop, but some of the core game is available for free? That's kinda cool.

Might give it a shot, thanks!

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

According to my install folder, I installed this on October 4th, which sounds about right, as I did it not long after I got the PS4 version of the game. You can change the screen Res under options, and the Quit game option is at the bottom of the main menu, which you'll have to scroll down to get, I had to use my keyboard as the mouse wouldn't scroll it for some reason. I'll grant you the separate figure levels is a bit of a bummer though, it sucks that none of the levels I got with my characters in the PS4 version carry over, but I mostly use the PC version for messing around in the Toy Box, which with it's cloud saves is pretty great.

The one thing I really don't like though is how expensive all their virtual stuff is. It costs almost the same for characters and you don't get the figures. You're better off getting the figure and using the unlock codes.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crithon

@theht: Yup yup, the Disney Infinity 1 is all Incredibles playset. There's already whole downloads for the core game on PS4 and Wii U download shops, god bless Johnny V for that one. Makes sense, a kid might own it on his XBox 360, might share it with a brother has a cool character and they might have two different consoles. All you do is register this code the characters come with and then bang you got the game. It's a wonderful platform idea, and the entry is like 13 bucks for a BEAUTIFUL figure.

how the virtual base looks like.
how the virtual base looks like.

@dazzhardy: really? since Oct 4th? Huh? I have been bugging the Disney Infinity site to know when it was out for a month now I've been playing the console version instead which actually looks decent on PS3 except loading is pretty bad. But yeah For some reason I can't find the Quit option on the menus. HAHA.... Maybe I got some weird free to play one? Yeah I can't actually register my figures in yet. Yeah the gimmick of the figures is key, even showing it to a small child they love the lights on the base and seeing Rocket come out shooting his guns is the BEST! Just that alone I show to my niece and she's just 1 and a half and she loves the bright lights and seeing Hulk roar out. So right now this PC version I have some registration and network problems.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By cooljammer00

I guess it makes sense, but the PC version doesn't have a toys to life aspect?

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dazzhardy

@crithon: It might be taking a renewed hammeering with the Dinsey Originals stuff coming out.

No Caption Provided

Its a pain to get to, but yeah, there IS a quit option. Like I said, I have to use the keyboard arrows to actually GET to it thought, as the mouse doesn't seem to get the menu to scroll :\

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dazzhardy: haha, thanks man. I'll check when I get home. But yeah this version I'm playing feels behind yours. I just don't know why.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: I'm in the UK, maybe there's some weird regional differences ?