#51 Posted by critThreat (60 posts) -

PSN: critThreat

#52 Posted by Wastrel (61 posts) -

I'll join in. PSN: Wastrel628

#53 Edited by jrsmaster411 (30 posts) -

This sounds fun. I like fun

PSN: Jon_Mclane

#54 Posted by codynewill (166 posts) -

This is just the excuse I need to play Divekick for hours and hours on end.

PSN: codynewill

#55 Posted by Anim8td_fan (44 posts) -

I'm totally up for this. PSN ID is Anim8td_fan

#56 Posted by Bit_Strife (1 posts) -

Sign me up for this!

PSN: Bit_Strife

#57 Posted by nutta27 (197 posts) -

Why not. Its about time i got involved in community events PSN: nutta27

#58 Posted by mtfikhan (101 posts) -

sure why not michealangelo128

#59 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

Added more prizes to the OP. I like the current turnout and the entrants might even surpass Persona 4 Arena's week 1 tournament if this keeps up.

#60 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

PSN: SuperSonicKirby

#61 Posted by G_ (9 posts) -

I'd like to enter, please.

PSN: alb247

#62 Posted by blueinferno (451 posts) -

Sure, I'll be picking that game up.

PSN: BlueInferno27

#63 Posted by mrcraggle (1938 posts) -

Yes, yes and more yes.

My PSN name is: mrcraggle

#64 Posted by StarvingGamer (8235 posts) -

This thing was promoted by the official Divekick twitter account. I wonder how many entrants we're going to get with single-digit forum post counts.

#65 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

@starvinggamer said:

This thing was promoted by the official Divekick twitter account. I wonder how many entrants we're going to get with single-digit forum post counts.

Haha, I remember there being an influx of new members joining the P4A tournament a while back. It's cool; the more the merrier.

BAD NEWS though: upon launch, Divekick won't have lobbies or a spectator mode, so streaming won't be possible.

#66 Posted by BaconGames (3415 posts) -

@fluxwavez said:

@starvinggamer said:

Haha, I remember there being an influx of new members joining the P4A tournament a while back. It's cool; the more the merrier.

BAD NEWS though: upon launch, Divekick won't have lobbies or a spectator mode, so streaming won't be possible.

More mini-bad news, I just realized I'm moving in back to University that weekend so I'll see what the times are for that and if people are willing to be flexible. I'm there all day Friday and I'm willing to move back in Saturday or Sunday depending on how long I last and the schedule times. However there is a possibility that I can't make a fight despite earning the spot. I hope this isn't the case. Worst case scenario though, I play Divekick while my room is in shambles :D

#67 Posted by wokey (7 posts) -

I want in!

PSN:PurpleWokey

#68 Posted by Asmo917 (411 posts) -

I'm in. PSN ID is Asmo917.

#69 Posted by EmptyApartment (141 posts) -

Sounds awesome, would love to enter. Thanks for putting this together, can't wait for release. PSN: EmptyApartment

#70 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -

I'll try my damndest to be there at the required times, but I work Fri and Sat, so before work, during lunch, or after work would work best for my matches.

PSN: ElementOfInertia

#71 Edited by BaconGames (3415 posts) -

If 64+ people join, I'll throw Toy Soldiers as part of the full entrants raffle and Iron Brigade for top 8 raffle (both on Steam). (As of ElementOfInertia it's 56).

#72 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I am all over this. PSN: MaxwellMouse.

#73 Posted by shinboy630 (1139 posts) -

I am so in on this. PSN: shinboy630

#74 Posted by McLargepants (380 posts) -

Let's do this! PSN: McLargepants

#75 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1071 posts) -

Boo! Half the fun is watching the madness...oh well maybe next time.

#76 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

There is no Period in my PSN id. I just put one there without thinking of that.

#77 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

I'm in. PSN: Mesoian.

Got to play a little Divekick throughout the week. Thinking about making S-kill my go to.

#78 Posted by aurahack (2270 posts) -

If the tourney won't be streamed, we could just have an IRC chat up or something to communicate during? (Or this forum? I don't know—I'd imagine some type of instant communication would work best)

#79 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

@aurahack: An IRC was to be used whether or not there would be streaming because, yeah, it's been really helpful to organize matches and discuss stuff that way in the previous tournaments I've organized here. I'll make one available once the tournament draws near.

#80 Posted by alsnuts2 (674 posts) -

I always hug white girls. I want in.

PSN: DontTrustWhitey

#81 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2130 posts) -

I want in on these #bigplays

PSN: GorillaMoPena

#82 Posted by 408sleazoid (1 posts) -

i signed up just to sign up for this tournament

PSN: emp_swaglord420

CAN YOU FEEL THE STORM, GIANTBOMB?

#83 Posted by EastGold (3 posts) -

I want to join the tournament. I'm in the game so I should be good at it.

PSN Eastgold

#84 Posted by Fattony12000 (7410 posts) -

Could I stream this tourney? Maybe do a sick ass combo with Child's Play or something? Could/would people be able to stream their video feeds to me/is there a spectator mode available/are there any sick ass commentators who could talk over the video?

I built and did the technical shit for the 60 hours of Endurance Running that six duders (myself included) took part in a few weeks back, for charity.

Let me know.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/giant-bomb-community-endurance-run-1441499/

http://www.heightofthegame.com/chat

#85 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

Count me in. PSN name is SamStrife and I look forward to participating :)

#86 Posted by StarvingGamer (8235 posts) -
#87 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (461 posts) -

Sign me up!

PSN: LiquidSaiyan3

#88 Posted by Matt (963 posts) -

I'm in!

PSN: Z0MG-Matt

#89 Posted by Petturi (55 posts) -

Count me in! PSN: SamuraiPetturi

#90 Posted by PoToSkull (104 posts) -

I'm in

PSN: Potoskull

#91 Edited by DarkShaper (1333 posts) -

i'm in

PSN: DarkShaper

#92 Posted by FujiSyusuke808 (29 posts) -

Without a way to spectate matches, how do we know for sure who won any particular matchup?

How do we get to know what opponents capabilities are without a way to watch them fight others first?

I'm super letdown that there's no lobby system or spectate mode in Divekick, to be honest. That's a bummer.

#93 Posted by DanHammett (154 posts) -

I'm in. Divekick 4 evah

PSN ID: switchman23

#94 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

Without a way to spectate matches, how do we know for sure who won any particular matchup?

How do we get to know what opponents capabilities are without a way to watch them fight others first?

I'm super letdown that there's no lobby system or spectate mode in Divekick, to be honest. That's a bummer.

Not every match would have been streamed, mind you.

The latter question doesn't really matter in a casual tournament like this and the former question will be based on a trust system, as most of my previous tournaments were. Players were always honest about inputting their results on Challonge in the past and I'd be surprised if that changed for the Divekick tournament, but if people care about it I guess they can take screenshots of the results.

That said, it's a pretty big bummer since people won't be able to watch the matches of the tournament, which is always great to see.

#95 Posted by G_ (9 posts) -

I will be streaming my matches in the tournament in addition to getting a regular Divekick stream going. Follow my account on twitch and be ready for some awesome matches and commentary. Also, let me know what you'd like to see during my stream.

www.twitch.tv/alb247

#96 Posted by mattyb1688 (12 posts) -

I'm in

Psn: thaswoop

#97 Edited by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1480 posts) -

@fluxwavez: So would we sign up on Challonge using our GB username, PSN tag or could it be a different one?

#98 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

@ownlyuzinwonhan said:

@fluxwavez: So would we sign up on Challonge using our GB username, PSN tag or could it be a different one?

GB username or PSN tag would be preferable for identification purposes, but I can't really force people either way. It's better if it's a name I recognize from the list in the OP instead of a bunch people who aren't actually part of the forum who sign up for it when it's up.

#99 Posted by FLStyle (4694 posts) -

So this tournament blew up in a hurry, around 75 entrants is it up to now? And we're still no-where near August, much less August 23rd.

#100 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

@flstyle: Heh, indeed. A lot of new users showed up to participate, too. Last time I did a week 1 tourney, the participation rate compared to the initial entrants and the number of people who signed up in the Challonge bracket was around 60%, so if for some reason the current amount of 72 entrants were to remain constant I would expect around 43 actual participants.