#101 Edited by RJPelonia (863 posts) -

This sounds like a blast. Count me in.

PSN ID: RobertJay

#102 Posted by Sofaduel (1 posts) -

I would like to enter. PSN: Sofaduel

#103 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I'd like to enter as well, my PSN ID is the same as my giantbomb name, davidwitten2289

#104 Posted by MVP1101 (209 posts) -

Seems like fun. PSN: MVP1101

#105 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Man, this thing really blew up.

#106 Edited by BaconGames (3446 posts) -

@fluxwavez: Since we're past 64 entrants, then you can put Toy Soldiers from me (via Steam) as part of the raffle. If at all possible could I include Iron Brigade as a raffle to top 8? If not then drop that and just put up Toy Soldiers for everyone.

#107 Posted by YoThatLimp (1911 posts) -

What the hell, yothatlimp

#108 Edited by StarvingGamer (8287 posts) -

Hey, I'll throw a copy of Don't Starve on Steam in for the raffle :D

#109 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4683 posts) -

this is shaping to be a hype tournament. Shame about the lack of streaming.

#110 Edited by D_W (1164 posts) -

As long as I don't have work (I might be able to request some of these days off) I'll gladly sign up.

My PSN is Rouge_Waveform

ALSO! I'd mostly likely be recording all my matches and putting them up on the youtubes. Prepare your butts for all the frauds I'll make of you.

#111 Edited by Tiwi (1401 posts) -

I'm Down,

PSN: Tiwii

#112 Posted by _Horde (839 posts) -

I might be away on vacation during this, but if I am not I would love to join in! My PSN ID is BaconHorde.

#113 Posted by idiottoyman (14 posts) -

Oh man, this is going to be so rad.

PSN: thattoyman

#114 Posted by subrandom (117 posts) -

Sure why not

PSN: easilyamazed

#115 Posted by cooljammer00 (1810 posts) -

How is this game not through Greenlight yet?

#116 Posted by kai333135 (13 posts) -

Hell yeah, I'm in. PSN: kai3345

#117 Posted by dreekuz (1 posts) -

yes!

PSN: Demdreekz

#118 Posted by Wuvein (1 posts) -

Count me in

PSN: Purgatory

#119 Edited by jillreview (1 posts) -

Count me in

PSN: LiveLongAsh

#120 Edited by youruglyclone (2 posts) -

joined Giant Bomb to enter, hopefully I'll stick around.
psn id: youruglyclone

#121 Posted by CPFTSirToons (4 posts) -

I'm in if you'll allow it

psn id: NoGreatName

#122 Edited by Brackynews (4087 posts) -

@starvinggamer said:

Hey, I'll throw a copy of Don't Starve

Irony....un..bearable.... XD Uncle Sensei would approve.

#123 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (389 posts) -

Divekick has been officially Greenlit!

http://1.media.todaysbigthing.cvcdn.com/80/70/a2f5910d5457b92d821236d02d6c3d85.gif

#124 Edited by thdemn (96 posts) -

Divekick has been officially Greenlit!

I may or may not have done exactly that at my desk.

#125 Edited by ESREVER (2695 posts) -

Sign me up!

PSNiD: MaceX

#126 Edited by RareMonkey (107 posts) -

So in, love me some Divekick (even though i haven't played it)

PSN: RareMonkey23

#127 Edited by GaspoweR (3069 posts) -

IT'S FINALLY BEEN GREENLIT!!! We could have a Steam tourney as well!

#128 Posted by Mezmero (1931 posts) -

Are you ready? It's cool. Let's enjoy a great show time.

#129 Posted by BaconGames (3446 posts) -

Lot's of 1-posters coming in. And if their names are to believed, a few are EVO competitors :S

For anyone that doesn't know, he was a top 8 S-Kill player at EVO. I'd be fine with him entering but wanted to clarify why he's given a condition.

#130 Edited by Soulstoner (37 posts) -

I'm in.

PSN: Soulstoner

#131 Edited by FLStyle (4728 posts) -

Lot's of 1-posters coming in. And if their names are to believed, a few are EVO competitors :S

@cpftsirtoons said:

For anyone that doesn't know, he was a top 8 S-Kill player at EVO. I'd be fine with him entering but wanted to clarify why he's given a condition.

I don't think any pre-release EVO placers entered the P4A week 1 GB tournament, you'd have to ask @fluxwavez, I don't know what the call is here.

#132 Edited by SkankinPacman (77 posts) -

As long as I have the money to pick it up I'd be hella down for this. PSN ID: thepacmanthe70s

#133 Posted by macewank (2 posts) -

I'm totally in.

PSN: macewank

#134 Posted by b0unty1234 (12 posts) -

@gaspower said:

IT'S FINALLY BEEN GREENLIT!!! We could have a Steam tourney as well!

I don't have a PS3 or a Vita, so I would be down for a Steam tourney.

#135 Posted by thdemn (96 posts) -

No PS3 or Vita for me, Steam tourney would be incredible.

#137 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19355 posts) -

@flstyle said:

I don't think any pre-release EVO placers entered the P4A week 1 GB tournament, you'd have to ask @fluxwavez, I don't know what the call is here.

For P4A, there weren't many people who had played the game before since it wasn't really available outside of Japan so the skill level of the players was pretty equal, but Divekick is pretty different since so many people have got to play it at events and such while most people have only been able to watch it being played.

Banning certain players from being able to participate based on post count or other conditions is a slippery slope that I'm not sure how to handle. I'd appreciate it if players who actually have a lot of experience with the game before this tournament would point it out since it's unfair to those who've never played it before.

It's up to the prize givers to decide if a player is eligible to win a prize or not, so I'm not worried about awesome players joining this tournament just to win a prize.

#138 Posted by BaconGames (3446 posts) -

@fluxwavez said:

@flstyle said:

For P4A, there weren't many people who had played the game before since it wasn't really available outside of Japan so the skill level of the players was pretty equal, but Divekick is pretty different since so many people have got to play it at events and such.

Banning certain players from being able to participate based on post count or other conditions is a slippery slope that I'm not sure how to handle. I'd appreciate it if players who actually have a lot of experience with the game before this tournament would point it out since it's unfair to those who've never played it before.

It's up to the prize givers to decide if a player is eligible to win a prize or not, so I'm not worried about awesome players joining this tournament just to win a prize.

Speaking for myself I would politely ask anyone who got into top 8 (or top 16 even) in any of the major tournaments (UFGT, CEO, NCR, and EVO) to exclude themselves out of the running for my prizes. Otherwise yeah I think it's totally fine if they're part of the tourney, again as long as people know.

I also think it bears clarifying with the Greenlight announcement whether this tournament for the time being is a PS3/Vita only tournament.

#139 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -

Yeah I'm in.

PSN: thegoldencat

#140 Posted by Dalai (7034 posts) -

If this tourney extends over to Steam, I'm in.

#141 Posted by TournamentOfHate (448 posts) -

I think banning people is taking it too far, it's not like we're playing for money here, we're celebrating the release of Divekick and to have fun! Plus I think I'd be somewhat happy to get bodied by somebody like G. :D

#142 Edited by MethodMan008 (814 posts) -

@bacongames said:

@fluxwavez said:

@flstyle said:

For P4A, there weren't many people who had played the game before since it wasn't really available outside of Japan so the skill level of the players was pretty equal, but Divekick is pretty different since so many people have got to play it at events and such.

Speaking for myself I would politely ask anyone who got into top 8 (or top 16 even) in any of the major tournaments (UFGT, CEO, NCR, and EVO) to exclude themselves out of the running for my prizes. Otherwise yeah I think it's totally fine if they're part of the tourney, again as long as people know.

I also think it bears clarifying with the Greenlight announcement whether this tournament for the time being is a PS3/Vita only tournament.

I think banning people who have played or placed in Divekick pre-release is the wrong move.You can learn by watching! Adam Heart (@TheKeits)

Keits says no one should be banned, which is pretty damn cool the creator of the game commented on our stupid tournament.. And I agree with his point, you can totally learn all you need to about divekick from watching.

Also, yeah, add me to the tournament! :D MethodMan008

#143 Posted by D_W (1164 posts) -

Divekick is a game about love. No banning people!

#144 Edited by IFD_Delusion (1 posts) -

PSN: Delusionownzyou sign me up for this!

#145 Posted by mccarron (75 posts) -

I think banning people is taking it too far, it's not like we're playing for money here, we're celebrating the release of Divekick and to have fun! Plus I think I'd be somewhat happy to get bodied by somebody like G. :D

I came to type almost exactly what ToH did above, except for the bodying by G part, already have had that honor a few times as I've also bodied him back as I learned more.

The people with existing experience wont pose as great of a threat as people seem to be claiming, you'll pick the game up quick in the days before the tournament. Only time I can see anyone having an issue is if they picked up the game the day it came out and never played a single match online. Also it's never fun to be exclusionary.

Lets all just have fun and see where the tournament takes us.

#146 Edited by Keits (4 posts) -

I got an account now! Here is what I said on twitter just now about banning.

I think banning people who have played or placed in Divekick pre-release is the wrong move.You can learn by watching! You aren't going to get the game in hand and suddenly face this executional catch-up game. You'll be comfortable in no time. Once comfortable, every tactic and smart move you've seen is at your disposal instantly. Plus, fighting the best players will make you better.

So yeah, to expand, its not like you see a combo or setup in, say, Marvel, and then need hours in the lab trying to execute it before you can even use it. Executionally, outside of some of the odd technical things that a couple characters can do, everyone is on the same level after about 10 minutes of play. At that point, its about mental strength. How solid are you? How few mistakes can you make? Granted, play experience in a video game helps you make less mistakes, but in Divekick, due to the lack of execution requirements, you can use your uniquely human ability and learn from other's mistakes just as easily.

Even if all of this wasn't true, I still think banning people who were lucky enough to play at public events (public! not private!) isn't very kind or fair or competitive. I guess it depends on what the purpose of this tournament is, in the end.

EDIT - Lets keep in mind that the people who played at public events in tournaments had less than 1 day to prepare. And they had to wait in deep lines repeatedly to get games in to do so. Having the game in your possession for even a day is a bigger advantage than that, imo.

#147 Posted by MethodMan008 (814 posts) -

Delusion and Keits with accounts..

The invasion begins.. :P

#148 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19355 posts) -

I'm not into the idea of banning anyone who wants to participate, but it's comforting that most people agree with that. Again, since it's up to the prize givers' discretion concerning who's eligible or not to win, I'm not bothered by people who would just want to get prizes and it's all just for fun.

@methodman008: Though it is weird to see Keits comment on this community tournament directly, heh.

And as I posted that, he posts above.

#149 Posted by mccarron (75 posts) -

Delusion and Keits with accounts..

The invasion begins.. :P

The other thing not mentioned here is people signing up just for the DK tournament is a great way to build the GB community. We all know GB is awesome, so spreading that knowledge is something I never want to stop doing. So banning low post count users doesn't make this a very welcoming community.

#150 Posted by D_W (1164 posts) -

I think we should only ban people who don't have exactly 976 posts. That way I'm basically guaranteed to at least come in the top 8. Any win is a win! #Kappa