User Lists: 0

I would like to enter. PSN: Sofaduel

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'd like to enter as well, my PSN ID is the same as my giantbomb name, davidwitten2289

MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like fun. PSN: MVP1101

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this thing really blew up.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By bacongames

@fluxwavez: Since we're past 64 entrants, then you can put Toy Soldiers from me (via Steam) as part of the raffle. If at all possible could I include Iron Brigade as a raffle to top 8? If not then drop that and just put up Toy Soldiers for everyone.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

What the hell, yothatlimp

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#108  Edited By StarvingGamer

Hey, I'll throw a copy of Don't Starve on Steam in for the raffle :D

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

this is shaping to be a hype tournament. Shame about the lack of streaming.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#110  Edited By D_W

As long as I don't have work (I might be able to request some of these days off) I'll gladly sign up.

My PSN is Rouge_Waveform

ALSO! I'd mostly likely be recording all my matches and putting them up on the youtubes. Prepare your butts for all the frauds I'll make of you.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Tiwi

I'm Down,

PSN: Tiwii

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I might be away on vacation during this, but if I am not I would love to join in! My PSN ID is BaconHorde.

idiottoyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, this is going to be so rad.

PSN: thattoyman

subrandom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure why not

PSN: easilyamazed

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this game not through Greenlight yet?

kai333135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hell yeah, I'm in. PSN: kai3345

dreekuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes!

PSN: Demdreekz

Wuvein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count me in

PSN: Purgatory

jillreview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By jillreview

Count me in

PSN: LiveLongAsh

youruglyclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By youruglyclone

joined Giant Bomb to enter, hopefully I'll stick around.
psn id: youruglyclone

CPFTSirToons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in if you'll allow it

psn id: NoGreatName

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#122  Edited By Brackynews

@starvinggamer said:

Hey, I'll throw a copy of Don't Starve

Irony....un..bearable.... XD Uncle Sensei would approve.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Divekick has been officially Greenlit!

http://1.media.todaysbigthing.cvcdn.com/80/70/a2f5910d5457b92d821236d02d6c3d85.gif

thdemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#124  Edited By thdemn

Divekick has been officially Greenlit!

I may or may not have done exactly that at my desk.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#125  Edited By ESREVER

Sign me up!

PSNiD: MaceX

raremonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By raremonkey

So in, love me some Divekick (even though i haven't played it)

PSN: RareMonkey23

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By GaspoweR

IT'S FINALLY BEEN GREENLIT!!! We could have a Steam tourney as well!

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Are you ready? It's cool. Let's enjoy a great show time.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lot's of 1-posters coming in. And if their names are to believed, a few are EVO competitors :S

For anyone that doesn't know, he was a top 8 S-Kill player at EVO. I'd be fine with him entering but wanted to clarify why he's given a condition.

soulstoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#130  Edited By soulstoner

I'm in.

PSN: Soulstoner

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#131  Edited By FLStyle

Lot's of 1-posters coming in. And if their names are to believed, a few are EVO competitors :S

@cpftsirtoons said:

For anyone that doesn't know, he was a top 8 S-Kill player at EVO. I'd be fine with him entering but wanted to clarify why he's given a condition.

I don't think any pre-release EVO placers entered the P4A week 1 GB tournament, you'd have to ask @fluxwavez, I don't know what the call is here.

SkankinPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#132  Edited By SkankinPacman

As long as I have the money to pick it up I'd be hella down for this. PSN ID: thepacmanthe70s

macewank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm totally in.

PSN: macewank

b0unty1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower said:

IT'S FINALLY BEEN GREENLIT!!! We could have a Steam tourney as well!

I don't have a PS3 or a Vita, so I would be down for a Steam tourney.

thdemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No PS3 or Vita for me, Steam tourney would be incredible.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@flstyle said:

I don't think any pre-release EVO placers entered the P4A week 1 GB tournament, you'd have to ask @fluxwavez, I don't know what the call is here.

For P4A, there weren't many people who had played the game before since it wasn't really available outside of Japan so the skill level of the players was pretty equal, but Divekick is pretty different since so many people have got to play it at events and such while most people have only been able to watch it being played.

Banning certain players from being able to participate based on post count or other conditions is a slippery slope that I'm not sure how to handle. I'd appreciate it if players who actually have a lot of experience with the game before this tournament would point it out since it's unfair to those who've never played it before.

It's up to the prize givers to decide if a player is eligible to win a prize or not, so I'm not worried about awesome players joining this tournament just to win a prize.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez said:

@flstyle said:

For P4A, there weren't many people who had played the game before since it wasn't really available outside of Japan so the skill level of the players was pretty equal, but Divekick is pretty different since so many people have got to play it at events and such.

Banning certain players from being able to participate based on post count or other conditions is a slippery slope that I'm not sure how to handle. I'd appreciate it if players who actually have a lot of experience with the game before this tournament would point it out since it's unfair to those who've never played it before.

It's up to the prize givers to decide if a player is eligible to win a prize or not, so I'm not worried about awesome players joining this tournament just to win a prize.

Speaking for myself I would politely ask anyone who got into top 8 (or top 16 even) in any of the major tournaments (UFGT, CEO, NCR, and EVO) to exclude themselves out of the running for my prizes. Otherwise yeah I think it's totally fine if they're part of the tourney, again as long as people know.

I also think it bears clarifying with the Greenlight announcement whether this tournament for the time being is a PS3/Vita only tournament.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm in.

PSN: thegoldencat

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If this tourney extends over to Steam, I'm in.

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I think banning people is taking it too far, it's not like we're playing for money here, we're celebrating the release of Divekick and to have fun! Plus I think I'd be somewhat happy to get bodied by somebody like G. :D

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By MethodMan008

@bacongames said:

@fluxwavez said:

@flstyle said:

For P4A, there weren't many people who had played the game before since it wasn't really available outside of Japan so the skill level of the players was pretty equal, but Divekick is pretty different since so many people have got to play it at events and such.

Speaking for myself I would politely ask anyone who got into top 8 (or top 16 even) in any of the major tournaments (UFGT, CEO, NCR, and EVO) to exclude themselves out of the running for my prizes. Otherwise yeah I think it's totally fine if they're part of the tourney, again as long as people know.

I also think it bears clarifying with the Greenlight announcement whether this tournament for the time being is a PS3/Vita only tournament.

I think banning people who have played or placed in Divekick pre-release is the wrong move.You can learn by watching! Adam Heart (@TheKeits)

Keits says no one should be banned, which is pretty damn cool the creator of the game commented on our stupid tournament.. And I agree with his point, you can totally learn all you need to about divekick from watching.

Also, yeah, add me to the tournament! :D MethodMan008

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divekick is a game about love. No banning people!

IFD_Delusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By IFD_Delusion

PSN: Delusionownzyou sign me up for this!

mccarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I think banning people is taking it too far, it's not like we're playing for money here, we're celebrating the release of Divekick and to have fun! Plus I think I'd be somewhat happy to get bodied by somebody like G. :D

I came to type almost exactly what ToH did above, except for the bodying by G part, already have had that honor a few times as I've also bodied him back as I learned more.

The people with existing experience wont pose as great of a threat as people seem to be claiming, you'll pick the game up quick in the days before the tournament. Only time I can see anyone having an issue is if they picked up the game the day it came out and never played a single match online. Also it's never fun to be exclusionary.

Lets all just have fun and see where the tournament takes us.

No Caption Provided

Keits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Keits

I got an account now! Here is what I said on twitter just now about banning.

I think banning people who have played or placed in Divekick pre-release is the wrong move.You can learn by watching! You aren't going to get the game in hand and suddenly face this executional catch-up game. You'll be comfortable in no time. Once comfortable, every tactic and smart move you've seen is at your disposal instantly. Plus, fighting the best players will make you better.

So yeah, to expand, its not like you see a combo or setup in, say, Marvel, and then need hours in the lab trying to execute it before you can even use it. Executionally, outside of some of the odd technical things that a couple characters can do, everyone is on the same level after about 10 minutes of play. At that point, its about mental strength. How solid are you? How few mistakes can you make? Granted, play experience in a video game helps you make less mistakes, but in Divekick, due to the lack of execution requirements, you can use your uniquely human ability and learn from other's mistakes just as easily.

Even if all of this wasn't true, I still think banning people who were lucky enough to play at public events (public! not private!) isn't very kind or fair or competitive. I guess it depends on what the purpose of this tournament is, in the end.

EDIT - Lets keep in mind that the people who played at public events in tournaments had less than 1 day to prepare. And they had to wait in deep lines repeatedly to get games in to do so. Having the game in your possession for even a day is a bigger advantage than that, imo.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Delusion and Keits with accounts..

The invasion begins.. :P

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'm not into the idea of banning anyone who wants to participate, but it's comforting that most people agree with that. Again, since it's up to the prize givers' discretion concerning who's eligible or not to win, I'm not bothered by people who would just want to get prizes and it's all just for fun.

@methodman008: Though it is weird to see Keits comment on this community tournament directly, heh.

And as I posted that, he posts above.

mccarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Delusion and Keits with accounts..

The invasion begins.. :P

The other thing not mentioned here is people signing up just for the DK tournament is a great way to build the GB community. We all know GB is awesome, so spreading that knowledge is something I never want to stop doing. So banning low post count users doesn't make this a very welcoming community.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we should only ban people who don't have exactly 976 posts. That way I'm basically guaranteed to at least come in the top 8. Any win is a win! #Kappa