#151 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

It's all in good fun, so banning seems a bit excessive. Plus, getting to play some of the duders who have been in the big tourneys could be pretty awesome.

#152 Edited by G_ (9 posts) -

I truly hope I won't be barred from participating simply because I've had the chance to play before.

For anyone unfamiliar, I placed 1st at CEO and 5th at EVO.

People have stated that after a day of having the game in your hands you'll have caught up with tournament placers. I disagree with this. I believe after simply a few HOURS of playing you'll be at the level people were playing at in UFTG, CEO and EVO.

If it makes everyone a little more comfortable I simply want to compete to have a chance to play the best players. I have no qualms whatsoever about passing any prizes I may receive down to the next placement should I place high enough to receive anything.

Now that I think about it, I already have one of McCarron's amazing Divekick hats, so I'm willing to pass that on to second place should I win.

#153 Edited by D_W (1163 posts) -

Honestly G, I just want to face you so I could say to my next opponent "Suffer like G did!" but that's a really silly reason.

#154 Posted by G_ (9 posts) -

@d_w said:

Honestly G, I just want to face you so I could say to my next opponent "Suffer like G did!" but that's a really silly reason.

I look forward to the match! If you do defeat me, hopefully you go on to Grand Finals so you can say it in front of everyone to your opponent!

#155 Edited by mccarron (75 posts) -

@fluxwavez said:

I'm not into the idea of banning anyone who wants to participate, but it's comforting that most people agree with that. Again, since it's up to the prize givers' discretion concerning who's eligible or not to win, I'm not bothered by people who would just want to get prizes and it's all just for fun.

@methodman008: Though it is weird to see Keits comment on this community tournament directly, heh.

And as I posted that, he posts above.

My only prize stipulation is I won't allow @g_ to win another hat, that jerk has one already! :P In that case my hat prize goes to second place.

EDIT: HAH just noticed he already said that above, see my instincts were correct he'd defer that prize.

#156 Posted by StarvingGamer (8254 posts) -

The more people that join the lower my chances of winning that sick-ass hat so ban 'em all!

That said, I have no stipulations for who can get my copy of Don't Starve, because I'm not even sure if that's a prize or a penalty.

#157 Edited by EastGold (3 posts) -

I don't know what the deal is with banning people, but I really don't think you need to. The tournament takes place 3 days after the games release. People who have never played with have plenty of time to get to the same level as the pros. That being said you should know that I did get 5th place at NCR.

Also I messed up my PSN account name. It's East_Gold. I forgot the underscore.

#158 Edited by CPFTSirToons (4 posts) -

I am fine with ceding all prizes or, if allowed, auctioning them off for child's play

#159 Edited by BaconGames (3423 posts) -
@methodman008 said:

I think banning people who have played or placed in Divekick pre-release is the wrong move.You can learn by watching! Adam Heart (@TheKeits)

Keits says no one should be banned, which is pretty damn cool the creator of the game commented on our stupid tournament.. And I agree with his point, you can totally learn all you need to about divekick from watching.

Also, yeah, add me to the tournament! :D MethodMan008

Aw man, I hope people didn't misinterpret my post thinking I suggested we ban anyone :(. All I meant to say was to let each person who is providing a prize in the raffle decide if they will allow pre-release players who did well at other tournaments access to the raffle. I still think they have every reason and right to compete and I wouldn't have it any other way. Divekick for everyone I say!

Totally agree with @keits and @mccarron.

Since my prizes were meant to be steam giveaways on our local steam giveaway group, I'd rather those games go to members of the site who've been around at least a little while. I can't speak for the others but I bet no one else will give much of a care. All the love to anyone who signed up on recently to get in on this tournament, that's great! It's kinda cool actually because now I might have the chance to fight against some of the EVO players which is super exciting.

#160 Posted by Phished0ne (2508 posts) -

Sign me up as someone who would be interested if/when this happens for a steam version.

#161 Posted by Flushes (329 posts) -

Count me in. PSN ID is Flushes5.

#162 Posted by megabite10164 (41 posts) -

PSN: megabyte10164

I'm in.

#163 Posted by Kapwan (36 posts) -

I'll join up.

PSN - Kapwan

#164 Posted by paulunga (2020 posts) -

Sure, I'm in. PSN: Chipp-W

#165 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1072 posts) -

A raffle is a raffle so EVERYONE is included, so my prize will go to anyone.

#166 Posted by shinboy630 (1141 posts) -

So, the Steam version is day and date with the PS3 one (Aug 20th), so I will be getting that version instead. Any way to remove me from this tournament and maybe start a Steam one?

#167 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

So, the Steam version is day and date with the PS3 one (Aug 20th), so I will be getting that version instead. Any way to remove me from this tournament and maybe start a Steam one?

I'll remove you from the list, but I won't be able to host both a PS3/Vita and Steam tournament at the same time.

#168 Posted by Smashlampjaw (220 posts) -

I'll join this. PSN: Smashlampjaw

#169 Posted by RedHatDrew (334 posts) -

Sign me up as someone who would be interested if/when this happens for a steam version.

Same.

#170 Posted by XanderCrews (106 posts) -

Count me in.

PSN: si2121on

#171 Posted by Lockes84 (44 posts) -

Totally in. PSN- Lockes84

#172 Edited by thdemn (96 posts) -

Well, for people who are just getting the Steam version (or both) head here. Since Flux is already running an awesome tournament over here, I will handle the Steam side tournament. Thanks @fluxwavez, by the way, for setting up great rules already and making my job real easy.

#173 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

Tournament has reached 100 initial entrants, which is pretty cool.

#174 Posted by Fattony12000 (7429 posts) -

@fattony12000: There is no spectator mode :'(

Fuck you, Lang.

However, there are still ways around that issue. It'd be quite simple to capture and re-stream people's individual Twitch feeds, with a delicious layer of Skype over the top of it so people would be able to commentate/read donations out/etc.

I need people to say if they can/want to do this thing. I'll repeat my initial statement again here in case duders didn't see:

Could I stream this tourney? Maybe do a sick ass combo with Child's Play or something? Could/would people be able to stream their video feeds to me/is there a spectator mode available/are there any sick ass commentators who could talk over the video?

I built and did the technical shit for the 60 hours of Endurance Running that six duders (myself included) took part in a few weeks back, for charity.

Let me know.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/giant-bomb-community-endurance-run-1441499/

http://www.heightofthegame.com/chat

#175 Posted by The_Reflection (249 posts) -

i'd like to sign up

my PSN is DoctorDrPepper

you're doing the lords work here son

#176 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

@fattony12000: Not sure how it would work to organize streaming like that given the nature of the tournament, but the people who stated that they're stream capable for this tournament are: @g_, @irrelevantjohn and @gravitypenguin.

#177 Edited by IrrelevantJohn (1072 posts) -

@fattony12000: I'm all cool for you doing something with Child's Play and everything but without a spectators mode, you won't be streaming that long. Even FluxWaveZ's P4A tournament had a lot of waiting for opponents.

I'll be recording my matches with FRAPS so it can be enjoyed later.

#178 Posted by dollarstored (1 posts) -

i will enter

PSN : dollarstored

#179 Posted by YoThatLimp (1910 posts) -

I think I may actually skip the PS3 release and just buy it on steam, sorry!

#180 Posted by CPFTSirToons (4 posts) -

I can stream as well.

#181 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

@yothatlimp: No need to apologize; I'll just remove you from the list.

#182 Posted by Yiggly (16 posts) -

I would like to enter, not sure what my work schedule will be like though. PSN is yiggly

#183 Posted by wumbo3000 (971 posts) -

I'm totally in.

PSN: wumbo3000

#184 Posted by BaconGames (3423 posts) -

Unless you already have the setup to stream from a PS3 out with capture gear and probably PS3 component cables, then someone like me can't stream or even record their matches on a PS3. PC is a whole lot easier because you can just point OBS/Xsplit and/or FRAPS at it and the work is done. If people can somehow get at PS3 matches that would be great.

#185 Edited by christopherson329 (217 posts) -

PSN name is christopherson329

#186 Edited by christopherson329 (217 posts) -

My bad force of habit my psn name is Christopherson29

#187 Posted by Bloo561 (110 posts) -

I'M BACK BABY! first of all for those who don't know i used to be on the persona 4 arena forums until one day i lost my game i got another one and then i give one to a friend and never got it back...BUT NOW I GOT DIGITAL so anybody that wanna play p4a psn:bloo561 but anyways flux sign me up!

#188 Edited by Dragon4234 (133 posts) -

Time to divekick son! PSN: Dragon4234

Also I'll be recording so get hype for that.

#189 Posted by Frostily (42 posts) -

PSN: Frostedflk

#190 Posted by DGBruin08 (91 posts) -

Count me in. Bruin_Godoy.

#192 Posted by audioBusting (1551 posts) -

It'll probably lag with my connection, but what the heck. Sign me up, please. PSN: audioBusting

#193 Edited by posh (488 posts) -

didn't wanna make a new topic for this but I made this with the hope of entering the divekick art competition only to find it's north america only :-( (it's a gif, click to see)

#194 Posted by Batalskar (59 posts) -

Count me in please

PSN: Batalskar

#195 Posted by Bloo561 (110 posts) -

Yeah i'm we need people to stream some stuff even if theres no spec mode i willing to help.

#196 Edited by mccarron (75 posts) -

Looks like it hit 100+ people, more hats on order!

#197 Edited by FLStyle (4709 posts) -

For the record I won't be ready to start playing in the tournament until 2PM PST/5PMEST/10PM GMT (my time), once I'm back though I should be OK for the entire weekend.

#198 Posted by TwelveFootFour (154 posts) -

I'm in psn: sk814

#199 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

The following is the schedule for when matches are supposed to be finished by once the tournament starts. Aside from very rare exceptions, players who do not finish their match by the following times and who do not report to me will be promptly disqualified.

Number of rounds may change depending on the amount of people who actually end up signing up.

The "W" is for the winners side of the bracket while the "L" is for the losers side.

Round (Winners side)Time (When rounds must end)Round (Losers side)Time (When rounds must end)
Round 1 (W)10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST (August 23)Round 1 (L)12:00 PM EST / 9:00 AM PST (August 24)
Round 2 (W)12:00 PM EST / 9:00 AM PST (August 24)Round 2 (L)3:00 PM EST / 12:00 PM PST (August 24)
Round 3 (W)3:00 PM EST / 12:00 PM PST (August 24)Round 3 (L)6:00 PM EST / 3:00 PM PST (August 24)
Round 4 (W)6:00 PM EST / 3:00 PM PST (August 24)Round 4 (L)9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PST (August 24)
Round 5 (W)12:00 PM EST / 9:00 AM PST (August 25)Round 5 (L)2:00 PM EST / 11:00 AM PST (August 25)
Round 6 (W)2:00 PM EST / 11:00 AM PST (August 25)Round 6 (L)4:00 PM EST / 1:00 PM PST (August 25)
Semifinals (W)6:00 PM EST / 3:00 PM PST (August 25)Semifinals (L)7:00 PM EST / 4:00 PM PST (August 25)
Finals10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST (August 25)Finals10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST (August 25)

Of course, it'd be best if everyone did their matches as soon as possible so that people wouldn't have to wait too long for their matches and it would make the whole process simpler.

#200 Posted by IggyPoptart (2 posts) -

Fuck yeah! I will definitely be in.

PSN: IggyPoptart