Enhanced edition coming to consoles, free for PC owners

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Milkman

Divinity: Original Sin is at the very top of my pile of shame as far as games go. I bought it on PC, got out of the tutorial area and never played it again. So, the news of it coming to consoles later this year is pretty exciting for me on its own but the added news that it will free for anyone who owns the game on PC is kind of crazy considering what seems to be a staggering amount of work that will be going into this edition.

•New intuitive user-interface tailored for controllers

•Dynamic split-screen for co-op

•Fully voiced and remastered dialogs with AAA-actors

•Hours of new content; quests, combat-styles, locations, changes to the crafting system and a reworked storyline breathe new life into the already expansive world of Rivellon.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

So is Wasteland 2 strangely enough. I hope they'll be able to adapt these games to consoles well as I've always been intrigued by Divinity: Original Sin in particular!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Pretty cool.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zeik

Despite the praise this game quickly dropped off my radar, because I didn't expect it to ever leave PC. That may have to change now.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope this fixes the horrible endgame content where unless you have enough magical time rocks, you spend hours punching a door down

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

awesome, I've been meaning to go back to it, and I'm a lot more likely to get stuck into it on console.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Being 80 hours long is a surefire way to make it into my pile of shame, hopefully this will encourage me to do it. I've got Wasteland 2, and Pillars of Eternity to worry about as well.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Oh thank god. I bought this and have wanted to play it, but it's a lot easier for me to jump into things when they have controller support. Now I just wish there would be a pc version of the mass effect games with controller support.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I feel like wasteland needs it more than divinity to be honest. That game could use a few hours of polish.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being 80 hours long is a surefire way to make it into my pile of shame, hopefully this will encourage me to do it. I've got Wasteland 2, and Pillars of Eternity to worry about as well.

You can beat Pillars of Eternity in around 30-50 hours without too much trouble at least. Just a question of how much side content you want to do. I never finished Divinity OS either, which is a shame cause I love the other Divinity games. It just falls really flat after chapter 1.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That all sounds great but I could never replay that game. Too long, experienced all I needed to with the combat, and the characters/story are something I never need to experience again.

Kinda wish I could have played the version with full voice acting and more than 2 fleshed out companions.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Well, now I won't have to feel bad for never finishing the game.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Well, I can always go for more Divinity (it was my game of the year last year after all). Might even try a co-op run with a friend.

That it's free is obviously also pretty cool, but I probably even would have bought it again.

ExK4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I petered out about half way through Original Sin, because I'm pretty sure I accidentally skipped a chunk of the story which made it super confusing as to what I was doing. Excited about this, I'll definitely give it another go.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@yummylee said:

So is Wasteland 2 strangely enough. I hope they'll be able to adapt these games to consoles well as I've always been intrigued by Divinity: Original Sin in particular!

Oh damn, I still haven't finished Wasteland 2. I hope it doesn't mess up my save.

jackburtonme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really enjoyed parts of this game, the combat specifically. I got about 50 hours in and eventually got tired of spending half my time playing and half my time in inventory. Maybe if it is really full VO it could help keep the story hooks in to finish the game. For free I will definitely give it a shot, though.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

MORE content? How the hell.. That game is draining hours from me right now lol once I'm done with it there will be no chance for me to replay it. Hopefully they make crafting kind of automatic cause that would be a pain on consoles.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

From the title I thought the game was free "free" for PC owners not free for those who owned the game. Now that would of been a deal!

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here's hoping there's a good deal on the PC version soon! =D

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! The best game of 2014 deserves to be played by more people... even though I somehow doubt this will sell a whole lot.

@everybody who has yet to play it: Buy it, it is easily worth the asking price!

I hope their other games come sooner than later aaand maybe I'll play through Original Sin again in the meantime.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

This is very CDPR of them.

EmperorMeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feeling proud of this Belgian game design company!

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot wait for this, gunna be all over it.